Why maintain old Windows? It will cost you

tivi.fi/Kaikki_uutiset/nain-paljon-itsepaisyys-maksaa-vanhentuneen-windowsin-paivittaminen-ei-ole-halpaa-hommaa-6757438

Microsoft has tried for years to get people over Win 7 which is too old to be useable. Windows 10 is new and more secure.

For some reason some people arent able to migrate to Win 10. Some companies even in Finland still use Win 7, the weirdest thing is even 32-bit versions are in use.

Microsoft promised to continue supporting people who claim they simply cannot use Windows 10 for their applications or devices which are essential for their enterprise.

BUT THE SUPPORT COMES WITH A PRICE.

Windows 7 Pro:s security updates will start to cost you 200 euros per year starting from the year 2022. However if your company uses also Windows 10 for some computers, you get a discount.

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

*200 euros per year for one devices using Win 7, 2000 euros for 10 devices etc.

Fuck off, Microsoft shill.

Käi vittu

Kill yourself mongol subhuman.

I use Windows 7.

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

>Using Windows 7 by 2022

Windows 7 is only that good on older hardware. By that time you're essentially a toaster and you're on your fucking own if you still use Windows. Migrate to anything else other than Windows if 10 is so god damned bad for you, Microsoft is supporting a product at that point that's well past its expiration date. They're doing a shit job but they set the terms straight long ago and changed them to offer an option which wasn't there before (albeit expensive and not worth it in my opinion) to people who were still stuck in the fucking past with an OS that doesn't even support proper scaling on hiDPI resolutions. Before this, you'd actually get fucking nothing. Move on, don't pay 200 bucks, use loonix or macOS, whatever. But change your fucking boxers and take a goddamn shower you whore.

> too old to be useable
>10 is new and more secure
Are we really falling for this bullshit?

Attached: win02.jpg (605x594, 163K)

Old windows has never cost me. The second I introduced nudows to my network, it used over 300GB of bandwidth per day (on a monthly limit of 200GB), costing me hundreds of dollars.

>MOOOOOOOM CHAD ISNT USING MY NEW OS

tyhmyytes näkyy kantsisko poistaa

how do you even use windows 10?

- install/update/capture ltsb 1607, oobe reboots part way through, can't complete install
- install/update/capture regular 1809, oobe doesn't even start properly, asks to update, reboots, then repeats
- give up making an updated image and do a normal install of ltsb 1607 directly onto a laptop, update it, install a few basic programs, reboot, stuck on "preparing to configure windows"

-- oh, and on the last one, for some reason the start menu is messed up, part of it is zoomed out, it's really weird... it's also unusable, because buttons don't line up with the mouse

>implying microsoft is going to give you access to those XP security patches and improvements

- Install 1809, wait until it finishes, manually update

That's it

updating windows takes FOR FUCKING EVER, i don't want to install updates every time i reinstall windows for someone
all this worked just fine with windows 7

For fucking ever? Are you actually fucking with me? It takes 10 to maybe 20 minutes for me. It's long for sure compared to Linux. It's 12 times shorter than the latest official fucking Windows 7 ISO. Windows 7 SP1 without integrated updates takes the entire fucking day for me to update it and that's after disabling optional updates. 1809 on the other hand doesn't take much at all (for obvious reasons). Something's fucked with your internet connection or in an attempt to "remove the botnet" you probably blocked some servers.

Windows 10 updates made me racist.

youtube.com/watch?v=3spnGnavWFg

>muh security
Literally meaningless since windows 10 has so many backdoors it's a joke by now.
You only get viruses if your IQ is the same as your age.
Go fuck yourself Microsoft paid shill.
If you don't get paid to post these threads you're just beyond help.

the only time i've managed to get windows 10 to update in a reasonable amount of time was when i installed from a pre-downloaded cache (namely wsusoffline), and had the whole thing in a ramdisk, and it still took about 10 minutes
on a laptop hdd it'll sit there for an hour and a half at absolute least (from 1607)
i prefer the idea of the LTS releases, since i presumed it would mean they would last longer without needing to be fucked with, but maybe i'm wrong, and they're just as broken and pointless

he fell for the too-old-to-be-usable meme

-- oh, and compare that to installing from a pre-updated wim, like i did with 7, which installs in about the same amount of time as a normal non-updated install, and it's already up to date
and when this update image is getting out of date, i can install it into a vm, catch it up, and capture it again

i've spend so much time trying to get this to work that i mostly just want to know why more than actually getting a working updated wim
surely 10 can't be this fucked, what am i missing here?

I have to deal with a shitty 2008 laptop with a mechanical HDD which the owner insists I should install Windows 10 on and honestly yes, it takes a while. But Windows 7? Oh dear god. If I don't integrate updates on an ISO for that motherfucker I'm looking for over 4 hours. I'm not even kidding there. Windows systems are generally slow at updating, specially on a hard drive. But 10 is definitely not the slowest, unless we go back to something like 1703 which will constantly keep downloading feature updates.

I legit don't know then. Of course it'd be faster if you already integrate updates on 7, though you could do the same on 10 (I did it a few days ago with an LTSC ISO, not much point there, for some reason LTS releases are overrated and buggy as shit).

Windows updates literally take longer then gentoo compile times.

i'm not saying windows 7 is faster to update, i specifically wrote "windows" here and not "windows 10"
the reason i learned to make pre-updated images was because 7 takes so long to update, especially later in it's life
it sounds like LTS windows 10 is a waste of time, so i'll test more with the latest version

>.fi
Nobody cares, Linus.

i want to use you.

But I like it and don't like any of the alternatives. Windows 10 sucks, Linux/GNU has no support for anything and macOS has the same problem + is expensive.
7 is genuinly a good system, not perfect but the closest any OS got so far.

man,

>fully updated laptop (1607)
>nothing else done to it besides updating
>just literally sitting there for 30 minutes
>come back to it
>it's really struggling to do things like open explorer
>what?
>open task manager... eventually
>windows module installer worker using half the cpu and all the hdd
it says it's up to date, so what now? how do i find out what's it's actually doing?

which one will cause me the least amount of problems?
i used to like to strip down images, but doing that with modern windows is super finicky and frankly isn't worth the time, so i'll just disable lots of shit instead, as dirty as it'll feel

forgot picture

Attached: a.png (800x600, 30K)

Pro, Education (non Pro), Enterprise.

N versions could give you problems with older software. Pro Education is a shitty version of Education. Education is... Enterprise. There's barely a fucking difference. If you don't mind not being able to almost fully disable cortana and set telemetry to 0, Pro is the most hassle free version because it's the version most people use anyways. I have a legit key for Education so I use that.

>implying I use windows at all

i think i'll go with Ent N for now, since there isn't anything resembling a 'slim' version, and i doubt the disk usage is any different between them, and afaik the stuff removed in N can be installed manually if need be, i might as well go with the one that has no artificial restrictions

Slim is LTSC, but LTSC is somewhat buggier. If you don't play old games, Enterprise N is good to go.

i personally only use windows for solidworks, i play games in linux. wine is better at playing old games than 10

>Installed memory (RAM): 128GB

Attached: 1439417076583.png (782x543, 2K)

I'm so done with Michaelsoft.

if your dev/support team is retarded enough to have to rely on windows XP/7, I am sure security patches are not the worst of your problems

nigger has a lot of ram so what

Fixed your image.

Attached: windows10.jpg (1600x900, 68K)

>For some reason some people arent able to migrate to Win 10. Some companies even in Finland still use Win 7, the weirdest thing is even 32-bit versions are in use.

It's not weird. It's called legacy software. It's called paying people to properly migrate to windows 10. I work at a hospital that has dozens of specialty one off pieces of software that need to be tested and if even one component doesn't work for that software then we can't move forward. We had shit that still relied on oracle 10g which is 32-bit only.

Poista paska lankasi.

finally got a functional updated 1809 Ent N image
now to see how far i can customize it before it breaks, because really, disabling bullshit on 10 takes about as long as updating it...

Take your boot drive out when it restarts, you fucking retard.

Attached: 1341806983408.jpg (439x332, 23K)

you should look up what oobe means

Fuck off you marketing piece of shit.