>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700/K or i7 9700K - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X or i9 9900K - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>8GB RX 570, RX 580, and GTX 1060 are standard choices
>RTX 2060 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>RTX 2060 is standard
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is standard
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: IMG_20190126_232044.jpg (800x1131, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B07418ZN8G/ref=twister_B07HCPRVK7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
pcpartpicker.com/list/NJY3GG
pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na
pcpartpicker.com/list/JrYM7W
youtube.com/watch?v=1BM0P7J1EPM&feature=youtu.be&t=638
youtu.be/IFb3qErh8CI?t=425
youtu.be/IFb3qErh8CI?t=453
youtube.com/watch?v=kQJjSd3NyMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey experts,

I have this old computer here and some weird PSU attached to it. I want to replace it (+ the cpu cooler, but thatt's a diffferent story.

However I'm not sure if a regular PSU can be used here.

Blue box: ATX 12V
Green box: PWR2 --> Powers drives
Red box: ATX POWER --> 14-Pin ?!

Pls tell me I don't need to replace mainboard :(

Attached: psu-question-mark-min.png (1368x1824, 1.38M)

>I want to replace it
Why? looks fine.

First of all, are green and blue interchangable? If so, your life is much easier.
Second of all, what socket is this?

What do you mean with interchangable? The Green one just forwards power from the mainboard to the drives (obv. this could be handled directly by new PSU)

It's Intel socket 1150.

Under load the screen goes black for short amounts of time, I think it's because the PSU is at the limit. Also I have been reading too much on jonnyguru.com

Are green and blue the same connector?
Also you should be able to get a new PSU if you don't need green, since 4-pin EPS and 20-pin ATX are still supported by enough units
More likely a video card issue. If the PSU fails I would expect a system shutdown.

Are the coolers that come with a cpu always good?

no

Why is your heatsink fan tilted?

No. Intel has had their stock cooler cut down over the years, it's very bad. The wraith coolers range from barely better than intel to almost able to overclock, but on 8 cores it's not anything spectacular. The stealth is only good for low profile, otherwise its all aluminum construction makes it very lightweight and consequently noisy. The spire is decent, not for overclocking though. the prism is pretty cool I guess.

What about the one that comes with the 2700x?

1. Are sleeved cables a meme?
2. Are they compatible with rebrands of the power supplies they are being sold for?

I've been always bothered about the fucking snakes. My power supply has really thick, annoying to bend snakey cables with inline capacitors to make matters worse. Cable management ain't that good in there and honestly it almost reminds me that my case is also a piece of trash and there's a considerable bulge in there that's hard to ignore. Wish I could flatten that shit.

So you're telling me anything is better than the initial coolers?

I think I can't replace the PSU without the mobo/and case probably as well… I think it's a proprietary power connector (the red one)…

Fashion. It's just the stock cooler design.

Define meme, and have a long thought about what the fuck you're saying
Probably, so long as only the branding was changed. Do some detective work and compare the output layout of each unit, it should be clear if they messed with it or not.
Not anything, but for the most part even the cheapest tower coolers like the 212 evo beat all stock coolers (at overclocking, if you aren't then don't worry). One benefit of the design that blows air down is that you blow it over the VRM hear sinks and cool your system much more evenly, whereas tower coolers can't do that at all.

Attached: IMG_20190204_054648.jpg (600x769, 88K)

anything that's from the 212 evo and up, basically

Apparently there exists an adapter: bit (insert dot) ly (insert slash) 2ShtihP

Will ASUS Z390-A Prime motherboad support WD 3D NAND SSD Blue 500GB M.2 SATA? I know it has a M.2 slot but is this the fight kind of ssd and will it interfere with two SATA hdd and one small SATA ssd I have? I'm too dumb to figure this shit out on my own right now.

somewhat budget cooler recommendations? it's for a 9600k oc. i've looked into the nh-d15 but it's a bit expensive where i live.

Attached: violence.webm (850x700, 1.16M)

It will be fine, you lose a port but you have 6 so there's still 2 extra
Budget coolers and Intel CPUs shouldn't be used together
And for the love of god say where you live or nobody will help

>It will be fine, you lose a port but you have 6 so there's still 2 extra
Thanks, just the info I needed.

brazil. i don't really mean budget, just not noctua-level expensive. also the 212 evo simply does not exist here.

Ideally a dual tower, but if that plan fails you can go for a cheaper noctua or be quiet 140mm single tower

Hi I'm going to put in a HDD into one of those caddys in my case, is there anything i shouldnt touch on the HDD? will those little sata ports kind of hand off of the caddy?

Attached: 43fedwd.jpg (400x400, 27K)

The only place that matters is the hole for air exchange and that's only when it's running
Otherwise sometimes a case will tell you not to screw in a certain screw, but that can probably be ignored anyway

Hi Jow Forums, beginner pc builder here from last thread and I'm almost done with my ideal budget pc. I'm just a little bit confused what is the right PSU to use because when I calculated the power needed in a power supply calculator site the numbers are way off.

post pc build in pcpartpicker

Way off from what? You need to provide context.
Rule of thumb is that a 550W gold unit is more than enough for any above average system, only when you're pushing very heavy hardware should you worry about going past 700W. Sometimes 650W units are cheap enough to be worth it though, since they can be more efficient at peak load and run quieter because there is less heat.

>cheaper noctua
there's the nh-u14s and the d14, not really much cheaper tho.
>bequiet
isn't available here.

a lot of coolermaster coolers are sold here, are any of them good?

Not in my opinion, but you can look up benchmarks and comparisons. Take them with a grain of salt though, because thermal testing can sometimes be quite inaccurate.

Attached: IMG_20181021_011624.jpg (700x990, 107K)

What about Cryorig?

5 dollhairs per gigabyte lads

amazon.com/dp/B07418ZN8G/ref=twister_B07HCPRVK7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

only the c7 is being sold, the h5/h7 are sold out.

Sorry for late reply here is I hope I didn't forget anything: pcpartpicker.com/list/NJY3GG

>i9
pajeet shill detected

Attached: 9900khousefire.png (1112x833, 74K)

Anybody have any motherboard recommendations for my Ryzen 2700x?
I have a Gigabyte x470 gaming 5 motherboard, but I keep getting strange memory related crashes, persisting through fresh installs of Win 10 so I'm guessing it's hardware related.
Pretty sure it's the motherboard based on Amazon reviews, but any other ideas?

Try disabling XMP. First gen memory issues still persist on X370

*rekts you in games*

It's for Adobe and basically nothing else
No

Thanks, I'll look into that after work.
>x370
But do the issues still persist on x470?

pcpartpicker.com/product/3hkwrH/corsair-power-supply-cp9020102na
get this one, you only need 550w

It's hard to say. Depending on your memory (e.g. older Micron dies) there may not be enough demand to work on support since the architecture for them hasn't gone quite as far over the past few years. But for Hynix and Samsung you should be able to get rated speed out of your kit.
If disabling or toning down XMP fixes it you have a memory chip issue that probably won't be fixed by swapping boards

whats your budget in sopa de macaco money

*still does it*

>Using [email protected] + Asrock Z68 motherboard
>Upgrade GTX660Ti to RTX2060
>BIOS stuck at 62 code
>Check Asrock for BIOS update
>Found beta BIOS
>Install beta BIOS
>Motherboard is kill, clear CMOS doesn't help

I can afford to build new rig, but is there any setup that:
1. At least 50% better than [email protected]
2. Highly overclockable
3. Would stay relevant at least 5 years

Or maybe I should just buy that USB BIOS flasher to fix motherboard and hope RTX2060 can be used ?

Or should I just buy a used Z77 ?

>1. At least 50% better than [email protected]
no

well, the build is for a friend of mine. i'm still not set on anything really, i'm just searching around to see if it's worth it going for a intel OC build (and cooling, etc) or a ryzen one (considering how expensive fast ram is here, etc). the budget for the entire build is around 3-4k

Attached: loli_TSU.webm (374x366, 151K)

1. Depends on how you consider multicore; the 2700 wins that by default
2. Depends on motherboard and cooling
3. Maybe, that's up to chance. Your video card is the bottleneck if you push too far, since the 2060's lifespan is closer to 2 years than 5

Hmm I thought I'd only get the 450w one but maybe it's little off.

I think you pointed me in the right direction user, other people on the Internet had problems with XMP on that mobo with similar RAM to me. Thanks a lot man, you've saved me some heartache

Attached: 1527781875288.jpg (1920x1080, 2.02M)

>so many options for heatsinks
>it's going to take me days to pick one

Attached: 1487995372101.jpg (640x480, 31K)

D15

>90 bucks

Attached: 1481780262661.jpg (480x454, 33K)

The best air cooler money can buy. You'll keep it for a long time. Trust me, it's worth it if you have the space.

just dew it
cooler than a mf

what are you going to do? spend 150$ on an h100?

What processor? A dinky i3 and a much bigger threadripper have very different options available
For overclocking you should try to get the best one that you can fit, or maybe stick with the stock cooler if you aren't

Attached: IMG_20180212_202024.jpg (643x910, 87K)

probably a 2700 or 2700x

>want to buy a 27" 1440p 144hz monitor
>want to stay under 550 bucks
>check tn models in my price range
all reviews call them garbage
>check ips models in my pricerange
all reviews say they're garbage
>check va displays in my pricerange
all reviews say they're garbage

Attached: 1502995531203.jpg (633x758, 44K)

Just do 24" 1080p you wont even notice a difference in your games

Zotac 1060 6GB for $290 Canadian--is it worth it? If I get it I'd build a new PC around it.

that seems ridiculously cheap considering they usually got for 450+ CAD. Where did you find this?

been meaning to upgrade my graphics card but im probably gonna have to upgrade my cpu as well arent i

Attached: 1538099606497.png (654x474, 39K)

wait nvm i misread 1060 for 2060

I know those are my thoughts. It's on Kijiji in Halifax

Rate my waiting on zen2/navi system.
pcpartpicker.com/list/JrYM7W

Attached: pooingpu.png (854x640, 632K)

AHEM.
Fuck ISP and FUCK VA panels!

For gaming that is, if you just watch movies or do color related work, there is nothing wrong with using those panels, but anybody who lords ISP or god forbit VA as a go to gaming monitor panel is a fucking idiot.

Attached: get VA for gaming they said, enjoy the ghosting and lag they said.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

source link for people who want some commentary on what to expect from entry level vs high level TN or ISP.

but theres an IPS panel at second place on your pic

Just pay $2,500 to get worse response time than a $150 TN lol

>but theres an IPS panel at second place on your pic
youtube.com/watch?v=1BM0P7J1EPM&feature=youtu.be&t=638
The absolute best high end ISP panel you can get is TWICE as slow as a TN panel, look at the bottom with 10ms time, thats the entry level ISP pannel.
Look at the link in my post for more explanation.

just oc it :^)

but is it even noticeable in real world scenarios

yes, that shit is responsible for motion clarity for one, more bluring during motion, more ghosting, longer input to response times which makes the monitor feel more laggy to your inputs.
TN is far superior if the user interacts with what the screen is showing such as controlling a character, additionally the more motion, the faster the movement, the more TN shines as it delivers a far more clear image.
I hope that answer your question as to why TN is superior for gaming.

here you go compare this youtu.be/IFb3qErh8CI?t=425
to this youtu.be/IFb3qErh8CI?t=453
youtube.com/watch?v=kQJjSd3NyMk

>why TN is superior for gaming.
how is it superior when your game looks like shit?

Because it doesn't look like shit, unless you are comparing still pictures with zero motion. Then yes, ISP and VA are superior. But it's not much of a "game" when it's 1 frame per minute.

What's a good mouse for vidyogaem for handlets? I was looking at a G203. I have a G400S at the moment.

I fucked up a bit
I bought a Dell Optiplex with an i5 3470 and 8gb's of ram + 500gb HDD for 150€, then an rx 570 for 160€. I can't fit the Rx 570 inside the case, and I'm not about to start cutting a 160€ GPU. That means I need another mainboard, which probably requires buying a new case. That's easily 100€. The total budget is 500€. Should I sell the Dell Optitplex and look for something else?

Attached: 1535787508329.png (1000x1452, 1.7M)

>noticeable in real world scenarios
>slowed down 4x
>real world

So that's a no then.

This, THIS is the RETARDS defending ISP and VA as a gaming monitor.

Attached: gigga nigga.jpg (845x284, 85K)

Attached: please respond.jpg (500x500, 61K)

god you know what, if you lack the BASIC IQ needed to do 2nd grade math then you probably retarded enough not to notice a difference anyway, much like a 6 year old nigger child can't recognize itself in a mirror.
So yes, you are right, you absolutely should get ISP because your brain can only process 30fps a minute.

It's IPS not ISP you illiterate spastic.

>order 1070 on the Friday
>gives the seller/company three days to recognise the order and send it out start of business Monday
>the parcel order was only created on Wednesday
>the pickup was scheduled for Thursday, is now "rescheduled" for Friday
>if i dont have the item delivered to me by the end of day Friday, im going to have to wait until next Monday to get my 1070

Attached: 1438056018375.gif (450x402, 1010K)

>y-you made a typo
Well memed my 2nd grade retard!

>a typo
You did it every time in multiple posts.
You're just dumb.

I got an overheating laptop over here and I noticed upon opening this shit that the thermal paste was barely spread on the GPU die, maybe less than 50% of it, just right at the center while leaving every corner and side completely uncovered.

My question is, is there a problem with applying a little bit too much of thermal paste over this one? A big ass blob that will surely spread out and cover every corner? I do that shit on my GPU, works fine (definitely better than the small dot in the middle method), a bit messy to clean but since it's not conductive I don't think it should be a problem. Same case here?

Also I didn't consider thermal pads for my GPU or CPU, but what about CPU/GPU dies on laptops? bad idea?

>drying to desperately divert attention away from being a retard who can't divide 240/4

The XB271HU has a 4ms response time
and response time is a meme, it's low enough and 144hz is good enough, past that it's just a small improvement (80/20 rule)
not worth it since IPS colors and angles are absolutely god tier

>trying to justify paying for TN garbage
lol ok

>calls other anons idiots
>is himself too much of an idiot to understand response times

Why doesnt my wifi card fit?

Attached: 20190206_124326.jpg (1440x1080, 444K)

>even with a video explaining it to literal retards IPS niggers will go into full denial cope

Please tell me you're joking

Should I go for s slightly better CPU or use the money for a SSD ? PC for my uncle who is a teacher

I don't care about your nigger videos, I have a TN panel and an XB271HU and it's not a concern at all. Only shitlord CSGO pro gaymurs need 20000hz and 1/1000th millisecond ms response shit fuck you n

Im not joking pls help

SSD