Bought a low budget laptop with AMD A12-9800P APU

>bought a low budget laptop with AMD A12-9800P APU
>same laptop had Ryzen two weeks later for the same price

Attached: 1545695189890.png (966x662, 958K)

Other urls found in this thread:

technical.city/en/cpu/Ryzen-5-2500U-vs-A12-9720P
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can just drop the Ryzen in... if you can find it

>that ryzen is 2,40 up to 3,40
>mine is 2,70 up to 3,70

what did amd meant by this? literally 2 years old technology beating newer ryzen, which only advantage seems to be battery, seems.

Ryzen is significantly faster at the same clock speed than Piledriver derivatives

Two weeks should be within the return period, just do the switcheroo and you'll be good.

See pic here

>Tfw built an FX PC right before getting btfo by ryzen

It's a Ryzen 3 tho, It wasn't the same laptop after all, battery life it's 2 hours less, meh. Will weep my A12, works nice, wouldn't use it for gaming, but it can run most games just fine. Haven't tested that myself.

To beat this A12 I would have to buy a laptop with Ryzen 7, but that would be expensive, would prefer to use the money to buy something else. Using ryzen 7 to browse 4channel doesn't makes sense.
I just need Linux to give proper support REEEEE

You are dumb as rocks and everything you think you know about computers is wrong.

Attached: 1538744706117.jpg (366x337, 31K)

>frequency is the only metric that matters
Time to fire up that FX 9590 again

I think I'm going to sell/change mine, but I don't even know what works perfect with linux these days (I don't want an X220 or an expesive thinkpad with shitty specs)
Plus, yes, mine can't handle Windows 7 neither. fuck me.

if you want linux, you want tower. laptops work like shit no matter if its amd/intel/nvidia

Yeah, I'm putting my tower in my backpack ya incel simp (no offense)

then just buy a tranny mackbook

Nice one,
no, I'm thinking Asus or Dell

id go with dell. no matter what you choose, dont go lenovo

Return it it is only 14 days.

No need to say it, I already learned my Lenovo lesson tho

my lesson just started

Attached: 55630.png (645x773, 39K)

What do you guys mean? I'm genuinely interested in getting one for work, is it a bad idea?

its seriously a cheap chink laptop. i have 330 ryzen. screen is shit, slight angle and colors go invert. wifi is terrible, can lose signal 4 meters away from router with no obstacles. their bios is so bugged its hard to install ubuntu, good luck with linux drivers. on ryzen variants you can completely forget about installing 7. otherwise is a good performance/price value laptop

I'm sorry user, there's no cure

Return or exchange it you dipshit.
What the fuck were you doing buying an A12-9800P anyway?
If this is a lenovo 330 I genuinely hope you kill yourself, my bf made the same fucking mistake so I had to return it for him and buy him a ryzen 5 2500u version.

Doing it tomorrow morning senpai

>What the fuck were you doing buying an A12-9800P anyway?
I know lol fucked up bad, didn't knew much about oem components, I had a 2.20 sandybridge lenovo but I hated everything about that computer, specially lenovo's support/build, it had the lamest AC port ever (never got to fix it, it used to go all the way down because the jack was not soldered to the motherboard, it was nothing but fucking cables floating around)
Other than that, it worked correctly with Linux, if not better compared to Windows 7.

I bought this one in a freaking hurry, because the old Lenovo died, and I had to travel, I didn't wanted lag while doing stupid shit like using Virtual Machines, so I ensured that it had at least 8GB RAM, and my boomer knowledge literally made me go for CPU frequency stats, and brand (Acer/AMD). I hadn't checked laptops for ages, literally familiarizing with the names (Kaby lake, or ryzen for example).

Will check in detail other laptop tho, or maybe I'll go for the same laptop with Ryzen, will decide tomorrow.

Attached: 1547955025698.jpg (645x1000, 107K)

>To beat this A12 I would have to buy a laptop with Ryzen 7,
Wrong in every sense of the word.
Like really, everything you know is wrong.
technical.city/en/cpu/Ryzen-5-2500U-vs-A12-9720P

I'm sure if it's a leNOvo, a r5-2500u version is $100 more or less than the piece of shit you bought.

How and why would you think the A12 is better than everything except a ryzen 7?

Underrated shitposting
>Plus, yes, mine can't handle Windows 7 neither. fuck me.
Poorly made shitposting

>my boomer knowledge literally made me go for CPU frequency stats
all my of my irl friends are still like this and think their pentium 4s were/are better than core2duos, and see no reason to buy a new chip because the "speed is the same"

You got one of the kowest ends Lenovo and you're complaining the laptop is garbage? Jow Forums is so god damned retarded.

Attached: no_singles_policy.jpg (576x768, 118K)

Frequency isn't the only metric, but it's still the best. I'd take a hypothetical Pentium 3 at 50GHz over your 2030 AMD 'next gen IPC' 50 core 1GHz laptop chip.

when you compare it to lowest ends of dell it doesnt look good