Is blockchain gonna destroy piracy?

Is blockchain gonna destroy piracy?

Attached: 45432345.jpg (539x289, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47130268
medium.com/custostech/how-we-caught-our-first-film-pirate-using-blockchain-technology-e017baa3f0c5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

The opposite, if anything.

Yes. The blockchain is a permanent, verifiable record of every digital bit in the universe.

bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47130268

>Is blockchain
No

What affect does it even have on piracy?

>do anything online
>now everybody with access to the blockchain knows that you touch yourself at night

>memechain
>doing anything

there will always be piracy

medium.com/custostech/how-we-caught-our-first-film-pirate-using-blockchain-technology-e017baa3f0c5

>pirate 1000 things a day
>companies contact my isp with my ip and requests to have the contact details of whoever was using the ip at the specific time
>isp refuses
checkmate

Attached: 1528327080109.jpg (720x428, 23K)

this is what im talking about.
people keep talking about how piracy is invincible and all that shit but once they introduce this i genuinely think it's all over

what do you mean by that

Excellent news I am pleased.
It means that soon the digital industry will be able to make cheaper games, music, and video

Isn't this reliant on being able to identify the buyer?

Yes, the media referenced in the article were limited edition screeners sent to known recipients, not mass copies sold at WalMart and Amazon . Blockchain cannot stop piracy.

Possibly if implemented in certain way.

*re-encodes your video*

now what faggot

Attached: 1462171652064.png (189x333, 50K)

But the piracy detection has nothing to do with blockchain, they just watermark every copy and pay some snitches via crypto for finding unauthorized copies.
They just added a blockchain for the boomers and the clickbait.

and how are you going to do that

ffmpeg

Is blockchain shit? No? Kewl! Thanks ^^

Attached: 89D4B3C63E9F4684BE469FBF8BFD5C35.jpg (544x551, 61K)

>relies on being able to identify whoever bought the movie
>has to phone home in some way
Literally not viable in any mass distribution scenario ever which is enough said but lets go on.
Needs to phone home in some way so it can be fucked by simply having a isolated VM or dedicated air gapped PC. And even if it needs some verification from some central server to start playing that can be easily reverse engineered or subverted in some other way as has been done countless times before with various media.
And worst of all it relies on the marketing bullshit buzzword bingo tech flavor of the week.

Literally dead before the concept stage. Great work guys.

Attached: 1529082287552.png (620x916, 257K)

I don't think it needs to phone home. Each distributed copy has a "watermark" and if someone publishes the video online, that watermark will be traceable.
You're right about the main issue, though, which is that they need to be able to identify who bought the movie and that doesn't seem very difficult to obfuscate. Especially now that they've come out with a nice explanatory article detailing their strategy.

Oh yeah I only skimmed over the article to be honest I didn't bother reading that shit in full.
But that's even better. So they rely on a unique not noticeable watermark. That can only be tracked back to you *if* they somehow knew who you are. They are even more retarded than I fucking assumed they are.

What the fuck

Attached: 1540375269477.png (480x466, 139K)

Literally the opposite, fag. If there's no piracy they can just raise the price up as much as they want to because you'll have no other choice but to buy it.

I read the article, but what the fuck does a watermark have to do with blockchain? This is not a new strategy.
Am I missing something here?

the rise of seedboxes

It's a new implementation of an old idea. They're just using block chain to generate the watermark (from my understanding). The article doesn't get too technical so it's hard to know the exact mechanics of what's happening.

To quote myself
>marketing bullshit buzzword bingo tech flavor of the week
The Watermark is stored in some way or another in their own blockchain. I would elaborate on how utterly useless and pointless that is but there are no words to describe that.

this
and this is all it needs to be done with any blockshit shit, if its enforced by law, at least in the US its against the constitution.

That being said, imagine if you are enforced by law to provide proper blockchain link that is not fake or missing for everything you ever download or something along those lines. Now that is some shitty futuristic dystopian bullshit.

this

What prevent me from buying the film, record it and upload a free copy?

Literally nothing.

The blockchain.

how?

Well it could streamline licensing activation.

DRM JavaScript in the browser will kill piracy.

explain yourself

Blockchain only kills itself.

Attached: IMG-20181126-WA0001.jpg (480x650, 61K)