Fuck tech culture

Seriously, fuck everything about tech culture in 2019

I don't want to do a 45 minute "lifestyle" interview where I talk about myself and my interests.

I don't want to go home and do a 6 hour homework on problems taken from Hackerrank

I'm not any less of a team player because I'm not OK with unpaid overtime.

We need a fucking crash so this cancerous startup culture can just go and die.

Attached: index.jpg (252x200, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/microsoft-inclusion-employee-review-process-2019-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lol calm down bitch boy
there is a way to get out of it
its called open your god damn company.

Nepotism for the upper
Affirmative action for the poor
Slavery for the middle

Not OP, but I'm busy starting my own business. But the problem is I still have to work to eat in the meantime, before it takes off.

Nah, I've already got a great job at a Euro company that doesn't do any of this bullshit.

I just get mad whenever I hear about what all the wannabe Google and Facebooks do.

You think the initial interview is bad? Wait until you actually get into one of those shithole startups. It's like being taken hostage by a cult.

>interviewer talks circles around me
>gets visibly frustrated when I give one sentence answers
>he starts leaving gigantic pauses of dead air to intimidate me
>ends interview early
>literally tells me to stop being so quiet and walks me out

>But the problem is I still have to work to eat in the meantime, before it takes off.
no shit, did you think someone would just hand you your new successful company on a silver platter?

>literally tells me to stop being so quiet and walks me out
Does that sound like a place you would want to work at?

>being American
Found your problem.

Attached: tq9zayhk15j01.png (129x150, 4K)

if you think that's bad, check this out: businessinsider.com/microsoft-inclusion-employee-review-process-2019-1

It sickens me when tech startups use diversity and inclusion to promote this multiculturalism bs...

>diversity
>inclusion
pick one

that's why I pay $5 to pajeets on fivrr to do all of my code
boss hasn't noticed yet

So I'm actually a chipper and well-spoken extroverted person, do extremely well on my presentations I had to do in uni and was well-received as a project partner. Should getting a job be easymode for me?

social skills will get you a good life

>So, user, it says here you are comfortable with a lot of languages,... Which one do you prefer?
>C
>Can you tell me a little bit about your process when programming?
>POWER ON DEVICE. PROGRAM. POWER OFF DEVICE:
>I s-see. Do you consider yourself a social person?
>YES
>A-are you comfortable working with other people closely, in teams?
>YES
>H-how are you when working with teams? Do you like to take initative and speak, take the back seat and listen, or...?
>YES

~2 years or so you will get your wish. And tech will be particularly hurt.

>wh-what type of person to you consider yourself to be
>FRIENDLY.

@69690657
is being retarded a reportable offense on this website

can you not fake this shit?
I also kinda hate it, but it's not difficult for me to ramble about the things I like

not understanding quoting should be

>Be me
>Work at large multi-national public company as a java back end dev
>Have an entire building devoted to IT
>Have awesome office layout, share a room with 1-2 other engineers, whiteboards everywhere even the hallway walls
>My department supervisor has a close connection with help desk so we always get the sweetest equipment
>9-5 on the dot
>Can work from home if I feel like it, as our stand-ups and meetings are done via web-conference and streamed
>Make a fuck ton

Just don't be a javascript developer or something else just as replaceable like php drupal or wordpress, and you won't get screwed

What the fuck does that article even mean? I read through the whole thing and it's so full of buzzwords that it's pretty much incomprehensible to a normal person.

>Be me
>Get hired immediately after phone interview
>Twice

>java back end dev

Attached: zmclmp2eeic01.jpg (1242x1210, 177K)

You'll hate java until people start literally dumping money on you to do it

So you're working 2 different jobs right now? sounds stressful

It's not just tech culture. It's modern day numale office culture. These s o y filled faggots don't understand what professionalism is. I'm not their buddy, I'm not their friend. I don't want to go drink with them on a Friday night. All I do is work with these cocksuckers, and they think that I would stick around if the checks stopped coming. These are overgrown children who have been over socialized to the point of being clingy and weird with strangers. I want them to fuck off and let me do my work.

Attached: 1504470563228.jpg (1280x702, 111K)

what does that even mean you retarded yuropoor?

I think it's a millenial thing to make the office more "friendly", but it really only ends up making it more unnerving. Whereas you used to be able to go home and have a life outside work, it's now pretty much expected that
>you will work unpaid overtime
>when the overtime is finished, your work life will follow you into your own personal time.

I pretty much fucked myself in the ass at my old office when I casually declined a more senior coworker's invitation to come out drinking, and then declined an opportunity to join the company softball team, and then to go on a "community walk". I got shunted on to increasingly tedious and confusing projects and was eventually told I was being put on a performance improvement plan even though the feedback I got was generally really good. When another senior dev announced his resignation, he took me aside and said "hey user, you remember when you turned down Brad's invitation to go out for drinks? That was a bad move. And when you didn't want to participate in any after-hours firm activities? You may as well have just quit right there because you were fucked from that moment on". It turns out that management didn't see me as a "team player" because I wanted to spend my weekends with friends and family instead of on their bizzarro community hikes, and I wanted to go to the gym and go home in the evening instead of pumping my body full of literal poison. So they put me on increasingly difficult, dead-end projects in the hopes that I would fuck up and give them an excuse to fire me, but when I did well on the technical side they just looked for other excuses. I was completely fucking floored.

I work for a large bank in their IT audit department now. It's a lot less challenging but the pay is better and my day ends at 5 p.m. sharp. Also, people here put up a firewall between their work and personal lives. They view hanging out with coworkers in your free time as weird, unless you happen to be REALLY close with them.

(((nepotism)))
(((affirmative action)))
(((slavery)))

>unpaid overtime
not an actual thing. it's not legal and no one puts up with it if they're hourly, and if you're on a salary you've agreed to it in the fine print. if you don't think your salary is enough to cover the work you do then that's on you for lowballing yourself

Is HackerRank a more productive waste of time than Project Euler for exercising programming?

You’re generally expected to work 40 hour weeks, the usual 9-5. But you aren’t a team player if you don’t want to stay in office until well past the sun going down.

There’s days I’ll stay until 7 or 8 if something is going on, but they’re rare and far in between. If I’m expected to do that regularly without pay, I’m leaving.