>notice wifi is still not online
>confused.jpg
>assume it's not working
>unplug, re-plug
>still not working
>retry
>notice wifi network named "Get better security" and "LOL"
>howcouldibethisstupid.tiff

Attached: IMG_20190206_161647_01.jpg (720x1280, 75K)

if you can log in to the wifi, then login to yiur router and change your password. if you cant, just factory reset it and dont use manufacturer admin password next time dummy

pwned
smuganimegirlhacker.zip

The router firmware is probably compromised too.

OP can still re-flash it.

It's not like it's a big deal to risk bricking it at this point

it was me
you can thank me by sending me those nudes of your mom i saw on your hard drive

Literally just reset your router.

So reset the password by logging into it over ethernet, and then go outside and find who did it and kick their fucking ass.

try plugging straight into the wifi

Did you turn WPS off? If not, you only have yourself to blame...

I the hacker ;)
don't believe me? I the who has been lmao at you're life. get better security sir

Get a wifi cable

Try using the WiFi cable to plug directly into the modem

didn't even think of that. crazy that you can actually flash routers from the webUI. terrible design

You've diddly done this to yourself.

Attached: Allpartofhisplan.gif (593x591, 55K)

Flashing a compromised router from the web UI isn't guaranteed to work - the malware could patch the firmware you upload, or it could not flash at all and say it did.

(first poster)
i wasn't recommending a reflash, just noting how bad a design choice it is to allow flashing from network in the first place

So every router by design is fail.

Attached: bomb4ants.png (64x64, 737)

precisely.
though not as much of a fail if the installers changed the stock password rather than leaving the manufacturer one.

this

Call the police. They'll track down the 12 year old script kiddie who followed some YouTube tutorial and rape his ass.

>Someone guesses that anons WiFi password is "anon123"
>Hey guys I think I got hacked

Router login: admin
Password: password

Attached: 1548980595340.png (660x498, 383K)

Most routers (or at least "mine" (well not exactly mine since ISP owns and manages it)) don't allow accessing the webUI from wifi, only from a machine connected via ethernet, so I assume some Ethernet connected box at OP's house got p0wn and then logged in to router's webUI using default password, or you may be right and attacker used some exploit to own the router from wifi or wan.
Yeah, and let whatever rootkit the attacker left do whatever it wants.
No, OP has to format every single computer that could be infected and find a way to clean the router, that last one may require buying a new router.

there is no way to protect a router anymore unless you have a hard firewall. hardware always over software.

what was your password? did it have numbers in it or upper cases ? was wps disabled ? give us more info like the manufacturer of the router and model

ngl that's badass

brainlet here

how does this happen? what can one do about it?

explain as if i was an 80 year old grandma please

Just turn off wps. I've never succeeded in cracking wpa2 with a dictionary but I've reaver/bullied my way into dozens of APs. Just stop.

Someone serious could use TR-069 exploits to tremendous effect against braindead and cumbersome ISPs. It's a real problem that everyone pretends doesn't exist.

This is just some script kiddie fucking around with a very poorly secured setup.

/thread
Took a while, but this, reset router, disable WPS, put strong password WPA2.

how do i secure my setup? or if you don't want to spoonfeed me, what phrase can i google to learn how to secure my setup? is having a secure (~80-100 bit) passphrase enough?

>try plugging straight into the wifi
>wifi
fucking KEK

I got news desu... It was probably someone you recently gave the password to access it or you are a dumbass and used the weak AF pass from the manufacturer.
Do a factory reset and change the admin password to: DoAnHeroOffTheR00F

kek. this kidd0 here
>just plug that RJ45 right into teh onboard WiFi port.
>Werks on mine(TM)

the router password shouldn't ever be the same as the AP password although that is better than the default which is probably what happened here

out of all of those, it was the only one that made me laugh out loud

disable upnp

disable guest networks (if you need this then set a unique passphrase)

only use WPA2 encryption with a unique passphrase for wifi

make sure no ports are open besides HTTP/HTTPS

just go to your router’s webUI which is listed on the router itself (ex. 192.168.0.1) and mess around with the settings.

Since it has been cracked, yes, use a very strong and lengthy password on your router. Kick all devices off that you do not recognize or that you do not use. Administrate that network NiBBa! Then, next week, change that Admin password again... and in 2 more weeks change it again. Then start rolling changes to your PWD like every 3 months or so, or whenever you have someone new to the network added in. Look up "WiFi network OPSEC" and start reading up.

>(ex. 192.168.0.1)
Should be 192.168.1.1
These are decent advice.

shut the fuck up you brainlet do you even know what subnetting is

thanks frens

um kid my router is at 192.168.1.1 and so is every router so maybe learn a thing or 2 before posting here again. Look here you see that part that says IPv4 DNS Servers? You know what that is? It's the router! It's always 192.168.1.1 even if you reboot it

Attached: file.png (1428x1186, 100K)

>69696493
>he doesn't use 172.16.x

Attached: laughing chad.jpg (600x530, 86K)

This is why i use ethernet.
1. not vulnerable to proxy-hacks via the air
2. much greater bandwidth than wifi

The hacker is obviously just fucking around. You don't have to worry about anything. Just change the password and don't listen to the idiots here that are fucking around with you

wifi includes encryption for all communications, your boomer tier wires don't have that built in

the absolute state of Jow Forums

>boomer
kk kiddo

encryption protocol is modem-based, so the same protocol operates whether you do it wireless or wired. Only difference is that wired requires a physical tap but wireless can be done from anywhere that's in proximity. Wireless is literally radio-ethernet. Its convenient but the bandwidth is shit and security is garbage.

Ethernet is superior prove me wrong.

the state of Jow Forums

same internet connection, and the wifi is faster :)

Attached: Capture.png (630x320, 48K)

Hello pajeet

>connects to xfinitywifi
>navigates to default gateway
>enters default username and password
top kek

>she doesn't use 10.160.x.x

How does wps cracking work? Do you figure out the pin?

I don't think they're necessarily trying to fuck with OP. I have a friend that is that retardedly paranoid. To think up scenarios like someone who would reveal themselves to you in the first place would roll their own custom firmware for your router that compromises it completely across resets, firmware updates, etc... Just because the most outlandish shit ever could happen doesn't mean it will. The chances are so god damned low. If it was someone like me that has actually done things like that to people they probably would do more to make sure you won't notice..

That retarded tripfag talking about wifi on the other hand is a troll. Not a good one either.

ok so I've been trolling ITT but I fucked up.
>be me, brother gives me a router that has 802.11ac so I accept it and use it
>has some bullshit cloud feature for configuring
>will never load for me if I try to connect locally
>whatever who gives a fuck
>one day decide to forward port 80 to a VM running some web-facing software
>now the linksys cloud app doesn't work because I guess it's trying to connect to port 80

Any easy way to fix without resetting the router entirely? Might end up doing it anyway to put dd-wrt or tomato on it but this predicament has made me chuckle. Pic related, it's where I get if I go to the linksys smart wifi websight

Attached: file.png (2560x1410, 102K)

Sounds like a skiddie. Wait till he reconnects, get his mac, find his personal ap, and then deauth him nonstop just to piss him off. If he changes mac, repeat

Thanks Jordan.

how new are you