So, I finally updated my ancient Deathadder to some new one with 16000 DPI...

So, I finally updated my ancient Deathadder to some new one with 16000 DPI, and it's more or less completely unusable in any scenario.

For instance, when playing any game, I can set the mouse sensitivity to the absolute lowest, and then set the mouse to use the full 16000 DPI, yet my mouse still jumps across my 4k display when I move it like 1cm on the mousepad.

As a result, I've just set it back down to like 800-1000 DPI depending on the game (same as the old mouse)

Does anyone seriously use the full DPI on these new mice?

Attached: mice.png (640x480, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

esreality.com/post/2363191/custom-mouse-accel-program-for-windows/
youtube.com/watch?v=8XNUp70mDlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

npcs can't think for themselfs. more=better for them. personally i use 1200 ish dpi. higher then 1600 is definetaly too fast

Well when you have a lot of repetitive work to do with your mouse and your hand starts to feel tired, you can increase sensitivity to make it less tiring. When I feel lazy I sometimes set it to 5000, it requires more psychical concentration but your hand can rest.

lower sensitivity in software

use cpl mouse fix

400 or 800 dpi is the only way to play games

t. Csgo player

I play Halo PC and Custom edition, I don't even know what the dpi of my mouse is, I just set the sensitivity, I have 3 different mice, one I play on highest the other two normal sensitivity. I still have yet to get used to my newest mouse though (Verbatim silent corded mouse)

800dpi for sniping
1200 for driving
1600 fps shooter

>driving with a mouse

Turn speed down in control panel and up on the mouse. Better precision.

just lower your windows sensitivity you brainlet
take it down to the lowest that still remains usable on desktop while taking advantage of the extra precision that comes from that 16k dpi

A low DPI can lead to your aim moving in chunks in games so you cant look at things you should be able too so it is ALWAYS better to have a high dpi and lower it though software to be useful.
That being said there is no use in a mouse even more than 1000 DPI in any case I can think of.
Also dont play games lmao

Attached: 1549478364062.png (814x659, 785K)

Why are you messing with DPI? Just lower in game sensitivity otherwise you cant aim for shit at a distance because your cursor moves in steps wider than a guys head.

It's for when you really wanna develop carpal tunnel

there is near 0 precision benefit between an 800 dpi mouse and 16k. Unless you move your mouse meters away on a 4k screen in a milisec you will never see the benefit from 16k dpi.

And configuring windows sensitivity is completely useless as games use raw input for lower latency.

>And configuring windows sensitivity is completely useless as games use raw input for lower latency.
Not true at all, try it yourself, windows sensitivity overarches everything

I play 400 dpi, 1 sensitivity ingame and I hit all of my shots
There are no pro players who play at above 800 dpi

That's what low DPI is for. Moving your wrist around more, not less, is what gives you carpal tunnel.

There's none

>he's never played Live for Speed with a mouse

missed out desu, when the game was big there were always packed drift servers and using your mouse to drive around was ultra comfy and works really well.

400edpi, 1.02 maccel masterrace

Start using a larger display or multiple displays.

Higher DPI just sends more movement events to the game and the sensitivity there determines how much to move the viewing angle.
High DPI + Low Sensitivity can only increase the smoothness of the aiming as there are more smaller steps being made.

I'm not saying it's a huge deal but or that pro players are somehow wrong to do what they do but it's still true

I think its two things
1) you dont actually want your crosshair to move on a dime
2) csgo has a minimum sensitivity of 1.0, so you couldn't do 800dpi + 0.5 sensitivity

t. Braxton "swag" Pierce

thanks?
i'm actually a witmer wannabe though
you're actually right, but low DPI + low sens was my choice for two reasons:
out of game mouse use, and sens. IIRC it's really finnicky to get sens down to 400 or less eDPI when you're starting at 1600

I use 5700 perfectly, any lower and it's too slow. What does that tell you about me?

>2) csgo has a minimum sensitivity of 1.0, so you couldn't do 800dpi + 0.5 sensitivity
Yeah you could, I used to do 1600dpi(so it's usable in windows) + 0.5 ingame which is 800dpi effectively.

important

most probably players play at 400dpi and around 2.x sensibility

Just get a mouse with on the fly DPI buttons, then you can adjust for what you need.

Also you bought a graphical artist mouse for gaming you retard

ITT:
>oh my, my mouse skipped from pixel 1000,1000 to pixel 1002,1000 when it should've gone to 1001,1000
>I need to drop $200 on new gaymin mouse ASAP

Attached: 1548894043052.gif (141x141, 615K)

Going from a cheap mouse to a gaming mouse is a big difference even if you aren't into games.
t. G Pro owner

No.

Everyone knows ergonomics are more important, OP.

Attached: penguin-mouse-10_1[1].jpg (1000x1000, 77K)

Yes.

>more=better for them
as long as it's accurately tracking, it's irrefutable that higher resolution imaging is "better"

I'm good around 2800~3000 dpi, sure, it's not making full use of my G400s' 4000dpi, but I get frustrated when I have to lift my mouse, bring it back over to move my cursor fully across my 5,760 pixels of screen width. It's 2019, I don't want to have to lift my mouse off the mousepad like I did with ball mice back in 1992.

With muscle memory a slight twitch of my fingertips, using 3000dpi is a breeze, over 12 hrs of computing a day and I never get wrist pains.

I still have a fully functional original Logitech Optical Mouse and that shit is basically unusable for me now, it has I forgot, maybe 400 or 800 dpi and needs like multiple feet of travel to make it across my screen space.

Attached: optical.jpg (225x225, 5K)

I run at 5700 and don't have to lift my mouse at all

Only if you enjoy moving your mouse across vast expanses of your desk.

esreality.com/post/2363191/custom-mouse-accel-program-for-windows/

You can set a custom acceleration with low dpi mice, this worked for me, it can be tuned to insane levels.

Mouse acceleration fucks up muscle memory, it's a proven fact, which is why a ton of people don't want any mouse acceleration at all, and complain when it can't be turned off in a lot of mice.

wrong. You're using higher dpi with more sensitivity. I use 6000dpi and moderate sensitivity so my mouse moves quickly but is also super accurate. you can't get more accuracy with same dpi

been running a deathadder since 2007 or so and it werks great, but don't use the highest dpi setting, that is a meme

does high disable it or low disable it? more-so
is high acceleration mean it speeds up to actual speed fast or what
I don't get it

Mouse acceleration means moving faster effectively increases sensitivity.

Without acceleration:
>moving mouse 1 inch SLOWLY moves it 200 pixels
>moving mouse 1 inch QUICKLY moves it 200 pixels

And with acceleration:
>moving mouse 1 inch SLOWLY moves it 200 pixels
>moving mouse 1 inch QUICKLY moves it 350 pixels

Basically it means whatever sensitivity you set isn't the actual sensitivity you'll get, depending on how fast you move the mouse. Makes it harder for your brain and muscles to adapt to actually pointing at the same thing every time, because slightly changing the movement speed of the mouse will also change (effectively) the sensitivity.

Deceleration is also a thing, basically acceleration in reverse. Moving the mouse more slowly decreases sensitivity below whatever you set it to. This isn't nearly as common as acceleration, though.

It would only be beneficial with someone running something like 4K UHD monitor, to have a high DPI. But realistically anything above 2000 somewhat becomes unnecessary.
My Logitech G602 can get up to 2500, but I barely use 1000 even with 3 monitors.

you can't even enable/disable that shit on half the fucking desktop environments. It's just a slider bar that's always on and has a low - high

Windows 10 and everything back to XP lets you disable it, but it's called "enhanced pointer precision" (ironically).

You do have to set the mouse sensitivity in windows to I think the 7th position out of 11 levels (yes this is retarded) for windows to do true 1:1 tracking.

Individual games, mouse software, and even mouse hardware can still introduce acceleration. For it to be true non-accelerating, it has to be clean from top to bottom.

I am extremely good at first person shooters and I can instantly sense an extra 1ms of input lag or 1dpi of resolution. For elite gamers such as myself every single dpi matters and every single ms of input lag matters. I only use the best mouse and keyboard combo because every little bit can cost me a kill. 99.9% of gamers fall into the "casual" category and they will never notice these things. If you want to use a mouse with just 1000dpi then be my guest but you will be eating my needler.

Attached: 1545524806448.gif (268x310, 1.89M)

most people don't actually turn it up that high, but it being able to reach that high does give an idea on the quality of the sensor

went from a corsair m65 pro to a dollar store mouse and immediately noticed the difference, for example

Its about accuracy retard, nothing to do with actually setting it to 16000, the fact that it is sensitive enough to work at 16000 dpi means that at 400 or 800 dpi itll be super accurate.

This guy id being ironic, but if you were playing a CSGO tournament with a 150k prize pool you'd want a 1ms response time and high accuracy mouse as well.

no it doesn't, you can have sensitivity 0.x in console

Nope. At 5700 just a tiny flick of my wrist gets the mouse all the way across my screen. The lower the dpi, the more you'll have to drag

I had four 2013 deathadders go bad on me in a 4 year time span. They're garbage in that way

The mouse does have those buttons, you fucking mongoloid

Attached: 26-153-220-Z01.jpg (640x480, 20K)

Do you also believe that if your bank account balance displayed in rounded cents, it would be more accurate than one that displayed in dollars and cents?

Are there any monitors with more than 500 dpi?
As long as mouse dpi >= monitor dpi you can move at pixel precision.

OP here, I replaced my 2013 Deathadder with this new Deathadder Elite for the same reason. Lasted me perfectly for 5.5 years, then all of a sudden the left and right clicks sorta died. Not a bad timeframe considering I've been gaming heavily on the mouse for that whole time

I rarely use my mouse, so my desk space is taken up by other things. I like only needing to move my wrist to use the mouse.

>mice have 16000 DPI
Mice have dots per inch?

what is the quietest full size mouse on the market?

A4Tech OP-620D

ITT competitive mice users at the highest level

I'm using my mx518 for 11 years now.

why the fuck is that mouse so popular in third world shitholes?

I use my mouse at something like 4000 DPI. I move my mouse only using my fingertips (wrist doesn't move at all), so that's probably not typical use case though. 4000 DPI allows me to move it across the screen without issues.

I've heard these ones are good

Attached: 1200px-St_Kilda_field_mouse_(Apodemus_sylvaticus_hirtensis).png (1200x675, 1.32M)

I want /v/ to leave

are you guys fucking retarded?
If you have a higher DPI it means the resolution of the mouse is higher. This means your mouse is more accurate and smooth. If you raise your DPI, then in your OS or game lower the mouse sensitivity to make it not move faster.

nope to loud

like mah weed

>repetitive work
>too stupid to automate said work.
Yep, I'm on Jow Forums alright.

You leave. It's our board now.

Listen to the /v/tard.
It's not Jow Forums anymore.

It hasn't been since before Pawl died.
If you don't know who Pawl is you don't belong here either (or rather you do now)
There is another Jow Forums, you know where it is.

Optimally, when you need to do large movements you move your whole hand. When you need to do small movements you move your wrist. When you need to do pixel-perfect adjustments you use the fingers. This gives you the peak accuracy without stupidly high dpi and reduces carpal tunnel.

Sure, use your wrist for everything if you want to stress it and get a carpal tunnel while having shit mouse accuracy.

I personally use 200 DPI, it takes me 80cm/360

Is Logitech G402 still a good buy? Or is there another better below $30 mouse?

G102

Attached: 102.png (2000x772, 1003K)

>you know where it is
Oof, supah sicreet klahb.

A4Tech OP-620D

Nah, its just I'm pretty sure it's wordfiltered still.
It's like this place, times by two.

I bought one myself recently though I'm probably going to refund it and spend a bit more on a deathadder because of the shape. It's not good enough to put your ring finger on the right click along with your middle finger and if you put it on the side then it's really uncomfortable to have it and your pinky squashed on the side

Oooh hackerman elite club of fat shitlords and NEETs wowzz

What are budget-friendly mice with a minimum working range of 5m? The only thing I can find are potential maximum ranges - which are a load of horseshit.

You like to do "720 no scope".

Not much of a point except for >8k resolutions. The higher the DPI, the more precise the mouse is under really high resolutions. It makes not a fucking difference on lower resolutions. That's about it.

However it's objectively and proved to be better to lower ingame sensitivity and use a higher DPI unless the sensor is poor and jitters at high resolutions. Also, Windows mouse sensitivity is a weird one, because lowering or raising it is detrimental. The default sensitivity on windows makes sure there's no issues. Adjust ingames instead and use raw input when applicable.

Oh and you can survive on 500hz, you don't need a polling rate of 1000hz.

Reminds me for a long time I used to be on 8k dpi but it would sometimes make me do 720 +/- 90 but I cut it down to 4k now I can comfortably 360 noscope without moving forearm.

Do you even think, ever? What's the problem with 8000 PPI at 8K? Absolutely nothing.

I meant in general, higher resolutions = more of a point to high DPI on a mouse. I'm not saying you need even that much, just stating the facts. You can play at 400 DPI on an 8k resolution, I'm not your mom. Do whatever the fuck you want.

>yet my mouse still jumps across my 4k display when I move it like 1cm on the mousepad.
the problem right here is your 4k display is 60hz

youtube.com/watch?v=8XNUp70mDlQ

This video should help.

It's not a preference, user. No one needs it for any reason whatsoever.

No one needs a monitor with a refresh rate higher than 60hz for any reason whatsoever, what's your point?

If you have a high DPI mouse but turn down sensitivity so that it's not 1:1 dot to pixel movement, doesn't that completely defeat the purpose?

That's verifiably not true thought. Same cannot be said for 16000 DPI mouse. Learn about technology and human limits.

Most csgo pros use a DPI below 1000. Response time and ergonomics is what you would buy a gaming mouse for.

>going to cripplechan's Jow Forums
enjoy the trannie BO spamming his socks all day
>going to /tech/
enjoy the (slow peaced) schizophrenia

>As long as mouse dpi >= monitor dpi you can move at pixel precision.

Attached: 1547452383852.jpg (645x729, 51K)

Again, you're talking about needs. No one "needs" a higher resolution. Doesn't mean there isn't any benefit or improvement to gain from it. Just because the benefit is minimal and doesn't make someone a pro on multiplayer shooters by itself it doesn't mean there isn't any benefit at all or a situation in which it would be preferrable. It's also a stupid point because the market is filled with absurd DPI mice with good sensors anyways, so there is more available than anyone would want for a long time.