Why do you buy TLC ssds?

MLCs have much higher endurance.
It is not worth to buy a TLC knowing that any day they can just stop working.

Attached: NO SSDLETS ALLOWED.png (381x221, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

0b4af6cdc2f0c5998459-c0245c5c937c5dedcca3f1764ecc9b2f.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/23105-fast16-papers-schroeder.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shut the fuck up.

fpbp

I buy QLC

Unused endurance is wasted endurance.

Can't wait for PLC, 5 stacks with write cycles of 100 per cell.

I have a 30€ 120Gb SSD because i'm poor and I don't know what technology does it use because I don't care

>It is not worth to buy a computer knowing that any day they can just stop working.

Attached: 1443845401124.gif (500x282, 580K)

Because im at 385TBW in a SSD that was rated for 40TBW and still has 95% life left.

I don't get it. Your SSD was supposed to stop working at 40TBW and you got 10 times that much out of it and it's got 95% of its life left? How does any of that even make sense.

I don't really use SSD for safe keeping data. The OS partition gets backed up regularly, everything else is games which can be easily downloaded again and data which can be restored from backup.

Because at high capacities it honestly doesn't matter. TLC only has up to ~1,000 P/E cycles BUT for a 1TB drive that's still like 1 PB of write endurance.

Ratings are only for warranty reasons user.
For example 850 Pro was rated for 300TBW and managed to write 6PB before going bad in a 2 year long stress test.

cuz they're brainlets

Attached: .png (667x533, 59K)

>not using single level cells for literally maximum performance and durability
poorfags BTFO

slc isn't really more durable than mlc
0b4af6cdc2f0c5998459-c0245c5c937c5dedcca3f1764ecc9b2f.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/23105-fast16-papers-schroeder.pdf
nice meme though

I buy MLC unless it's going in a junk machine, then I get whatever is cheap and a known brand.

>Why do you buy TLC ssds?
Because I can't conceivably think of anything that I could do that could cause a TLC SSD to wear out in less than a decade time

It's objectively, as in in practice and in theory, more durable. It's also objectively going to be faster than MLC all else being equal. Think about it, single state requires less browsing, as well as improving write numbers because there's less voltage leaking. It's objectively the best type of flash storage all else being equal, ignoring price.

Tetra level cells perform at around typical high speed hard drive levels. Why buy an SSD at that point.

>literal first page of duckduckgo pdf file
>pdf file shows slc has up to 100k writes
>mlc only has 10k writes
>somehow slc isn't more enduring than mlc
>wat

That's really good. I'm due an upgrade from HDDs anyway, I'll get an 860 Evo

Random performance is still infinitely better than an HDD which is what you buy an SSD for

Most modern TLC drives have enough write endurance that they will usually be replaced before they reach their limit, especially in consumer scenarios where you aren't doing much writing. It's not worth the price difference unless you specifically are doing a lot of writing.

You're right. Oopsies were made.

Writing is fucking retarded, take this shit to

kek very funny sir, mind if i save that image? i really really like it lori. i walk 360 and run away. am i trying too hard?

Njet, board of literature is not of discussing literature, is only board of discussing communism comrade!

save it, it's all yours my friend

Attached: 1545074667964.gif (512x512, 697K)

I'm a literal ruski and I never understood why people write Njet instead of Niet. Or why people write Cyka blyat when they're literally using two different alphabets in a single phrase, either do suka blyat or actually write it in cyrillic. sorry for blogpost

Ray Pist. Someone should beat him up.

so why did you assholes dox bonbibonkers?

fucking russians

eternal celeb thread guys let's talk about my queen, [some whore]

Attached: 1521870467898.jpg (550x550, 25K)

my nigga

literally who?

this kek
that SSD endurance test done a few years back show that a samsung TLC drive lasted way longer than some """""MLC""""" drives
More important is buying SSDs that have DRAM caches

/b/ sucks so much dick but I've been going to it almost every day for more than a decade because I'm a retard

>doesn't know who bonbi is
>calls himself russian

Attached: 1543606443387.png (666x427, 554K)

tell me about it. people say /b/ has always been shit, but i completely disagree. it was less shit back then than it is now. at least the trash was different/unique instead of the literal same 10 threads every day

sorry man i really don't know who it is.

nevermind i searxed it and now i know. still she's a literal who imo

Arguably the best uploader on TikTok, a social network like Vine but lipsyncing to music, movies, and TV shows instead of doing things that are actually funny.

You're a fucking russian on Jow Forums. C'mon now, you should know all this.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1080x1074, 90K)

yeah those endless ROLLING and ROLL CALL threads were great

i don't use social networks (except 4 and 4*2chan if you can call them that) and i prefer browsing in english than in russian so i wouldn't really know what's popular in russian chan clones

why don't you like talking to your russian brethren

why do you still live in a place that's so fucking cold all the time

i've grown to dislike the internet facing part of ruski culture. also i plan to move to
>land of the free
someday so i can own as many guns as i want without renewing a license every 5 years and being limited to a fucking shotgun

>owning a gun
>in the US
Better move quick, ruski. The jews are doing everything they can to make sure nobody can get guns anymore

Attached: 1534292273529.jpg (408x396, 25K)

Don't let your pc turned off for too long.
Your SSD will lose data retention way before it will have bad blocks.

Why would you buy MLC instead of SLC?

i doubt that'd happen before a civil war though... right..?

they both have their purposes. if you want absolute best performance and durability, go slc. if you want better performance than an hdd and for cheaper than slc, go mlc.

>blaming the jooooos for every little thing that bothers you
take this shit to

it's time to go back to /reddit/

Well you'd hope, but who knows these days. Half this fucking country would die from diabetes if we ever got into a civil war.

Attached: 1543606786699.jpg (1150x1266, 167K)

Based

Wow who cares about some high school cunt uploading gay videos online, are you a fucking child? Fucking neckbeard.

dude let the thread die in peace

Because 3D TLC is better than shitty MLC, and the upgrade to good quality 3D MLC isn't worth the price for me.

>your ssd wil lose data before it loses data
user...

>your pc will lose data in a certain way before it loses data in another way, so do this thing to prevent the first type of data loss
what's the problem?

fucking hyyyyype

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-06 at 11.53.07 PM.png (1014x212, 57K)

Attached: snapshot_08.07_[2013.08.02_20.53.59].png (1920x1080, 1.95M)

The TBWs are so high that unless your job is big data and you torture your workstation 8+ hours a day its just fucking pointless.

I would buy those for pure seedboxes

Based worm drives

No bro

t. assmad jewish shill