/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSB?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: nyaa.jpg (500x600, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/ip/Cybertron-GameStation-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G-3-50GHz-4-Cores-8GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-120GB-SSD-AMD-RX-580-4GB-GDDR5-Graphics-WiFi-MS-Windows-10-Home-64-Bit-Black/268556184
www91.zippyshare.com/v/tWqoRSzK/file.html
fitgirl-repacks.site/doom-idkfa-repack-3-dlcs-working-multiplayer-snapmap/
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8zI
youtube.com/embed/zFADf3CW8zI
youtu.be/zFADf3CW8zI
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8zI&app=desktop
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8z1
youtube.com/embed/zFADf3CW8z2
youtu.be/zFADf3CW8z3
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8z4&app=desktop
dban.org
evga.com/Products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=eac89383-65ea-4fd4-925e-fc6d7480dcb7
forum.videohelp.com/threads/376522-Downloading-or-Copying-Video-From-History-Channel
nopaste.xyz/?0f1d49c991b3dc6e#8Eu97t6fGNCxDjy08pLG5K2w205sepCTd1D6jA0AVas=
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To the guy in the last thread asking why I don't just use the Plex GUI, this is how far I get.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-07 Plex.png (600x574, 25K)

not that guy, but if you go to the folder where you have properly named your respective media folders in explorer, copy the path, and just paste it in the web GUI. it *should* work.

I tried that but when I try to scan for content it loads for like a second before saying there are no items in the library.

dont mean to assume anything, but you did label the folders and files correctly?

Good alt for duckduckgo that gives me good searches? Or am i doing it wrong? I always end up doing !g

Need CAD on an OS X install for a client.
Any tips?

Try startpage.com (ixquick.eu)

Fuck off pedo faggot

I need your help.
My laptop has bang & olufsen speakers (bought it for a fat discount), but the fucking audio software uses over 1000 MB sometimes while I'm not even listening to music and it lags my computer down to a fucking halt. The process is called FLOW in the task manager.

Basically, what I want is to replace this shit-tier software with something less insane. I already tried deleting Conexant, but it reinstalls itself after restart, and disabling it in the device manager gives me a notification every 5 minutes that it is disabled in the middle of the screen.

Baffled that this is acceptable to HP.

Attached: Aaaaaaa.jpg (225x224, 7K)

I'm sysadmin at a highschool in east Yurop, and we get internet directly from a government based ISP.
So whenever you connect through a cable or wifi, the browser opens and you need to use a login name / password to get internet access.

Is there a way to skip this thing if I connect wifi routers to the cable? I'd like to install hotspots in the school but this way I can't. I know it's for security, but this is a shitty network without AP's..

Any ideas Jow Forumsuys?

Attached: 1525818534622.jpg (1200x675, 86K)

>vagrant
How can I access the same VM from different machines? I have VirtualBox

I'm not entirely sure what exactly the problem is since I didn't really investigate it, but she showed me that unless she applies a little pressure on the bottom left of the screen, the display goes haywire and you can't see the desktop. She says the insulation was the LCD. I don't know if that makes sense since neither of us are experienced in computer hardware. But she says that she had the technician do it for $250. I'm not sure if she got ripped off or what.

>buy SSD
>do a clean install on it, don't clone the original drive
>really want to keep an old scanning software that I can't find a torrent for and I lost the licence key to
>not very good at computers
How do I move one specific program over to a different drive with a different OS? Is copying the program files folder enough or do I have to edit the registry or some shit?

Attached: mfw goose chokes me.png (710x739, 530K)

Depends entirely on the software.

Do you reckon silverfast 8 would be tricky enough to mess with the registry as a means to prevent piracy? It doesn't come across as a very sophisticated piece of software.
Can I just block the program's internet access if it does?

Ahk's PixelGetColor still isn't accurate, even with Alt or Slow.
Any alternatives?

CapsLock::
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
MouseGetPos, xpos, ypos
PixelGetColor, vMouseColor, %xpos%, %ypos%, RGB Slow
ToolTip, %vMouseColor%
return

Also, go away faggot OP

Attached: 67486947.jpg (735x660, 102K)

Can you use passive bookshelf speakers with headphone amps and if yes, how?

what was the super small superior image encoding?
I saw it a while ago on Jow Forums it was small, loads fast etc

Bump, some networking Jow Forumsuy please.

Anyone:

Are you legit retarded? You have to use a firewall server that is your default gateway (or literally anything that is a server plugged into the socket that lets you control the connections, with TWO ethernet cards which then you setup your connection on that server), you can't just fucking plug in the main ethernet outlet into the switch/router (which seems like you've done, because of your question)
set up a proper infrastructure for fucks sake.

Also you really, and I mean REALLY shouldn't do this. What you should do, is jew your superiors to get a separate consumer grade connection for non-work related access, if there really is a need for it.

To the guy asking for a ~$500 gayman rig, here you go: walmart.com/ip/Cybertron-GameStation-AMD-Ryzen-3-2200G-3-50GHz-4-Cores-8GB-DDR4-1TB-HDD-120GB-SSD-AMD-RX-580-4GB-GDDR5-Graphics-WiFi-MS-Windows-10-Home-64-Bit-Black/268556184

Is Windows 10 Registry being reset to default with every major update?

Can someone please test this?My browsers say it has a virus. Still it might be a fake positive since it's a crack for Doom 2016 Multiplayer

www91.zippyshare.com/v/tWqoRSzK/file.html

Attached: images.png (308x164, 3K)

Best windows browser that geeks use for mainly performance and privacy uses?

i upgraded recently my win7 to win10(not a clean installation), seems everything works fine, no problems. now i reinstalled rainbow six siege and it is in windowed mode and i only have an option for 1280x720. if i change to fullscreen ,nothing changes, it stays in windowed mode. i also changed the gamesettings.ini and verified the files, nothing helped. now i wanted to try apex legends and i have the same problem like siege. only option is 1280x720, changing to fullscreen doesnt change anything. i used the advanved options in origin like "-window -weight 1920 -height 1080"(see picture), which feels the screen, but it is still windowed mode, which is not ideal. i played r6s on the same hardware many hours, not a problem, so i guess it is mostly because i upgraded to win10, do i need to install it clean so it can read my hardware properly? or you have any oder suggestion?

Attached: 1561651.png (1423x653, 87K)

and yes, newest nvidia driver is installed and as you can see in the pic, the game recognize the graphic card

>www91
>The browser says it's a virus
Sounds like indian scams to me

Beyond that though.
The warez groups were strictly against cracking multiplayer, the file itself is very suspect.

Attached: 1375676064860.png (536x571, 125K)

Got the link from here. Don't know hot to check for virus using Virtual machine....
fitgirl-repacks.site/doom-idkfa-repack-3-dlcs-working-multiplayer-snapmap/

Fitgirl was outed for repacking with bitcoin miners
The file will probably work, but I absolutely would not use it.

try forcing fulscreen in the nvidia control panel

often i get dll error when using fitgirl repack why? i love rg mechanics now

>fitgirl was outed for repacking with bitcoin miners
oy vey, I have several fitgirl repacks installed

Attached: pepe sweating.jpg (231x218, 7K)

Those dll errors tend to be missing dependencies.
When you pirate you need to grab the correct dx version as well as .net.

Wait. Fuck.
My data was wrong.
Seyter was the one with the miners, Fitgirl is clean.
The file should be fine.

Is strategy quantifiable? Is it possible to describe strategy or it's concepts with math? Or am I just looking at game theory?
Are there good books on that?

Dude that's a really cool post number.

Why most browser are chromium based if firefox is also open source?

Get diddled

What's a good program to check SSD status?
Is that anime crystal disk info thing still what everyone uses here?
What's the highest temp an M.2 nvme ssd can reach in normal use?

Yea, crystaldisk is still at the top.
There's a non-anime version of it, though god knows why you'd want that one.

>god knows why you'd want that one
extreme exposure to moe can damage the disk

It's worth it.

Attached: ccc.png (516x640, 486K)

youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8zI
youtube.com/embed/zFADf3CW8zI
youtu.be/zFADf3CW8zI
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8zI&app=desktop
What's 1 shell script command to find zFADf3CW8zI if I don't know zFADf3CW8zI is zFADf3CW8zI that works on all variants on the youtube url as above?

thank you dude, that was not the right thing, because i did not find out how to force a game to start in fullscreen via the nvidia panel, but i changed at "adjust desktop size and position" the scaling from aspect ratio to no scaling. that did the trick and both games are working how they should. but you gave me the right direction. so thank you very much.

$ cat test
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8z1
youtube.com/embed/zFADf3CW8z2
youtu.be/zFADf3CW8z3
youtube.com/watch?v=zFADf3CW8z4&app=desktop
$ regex='(v=|embed\/|youtu.be\/)([a-zA-Z0-9]+)'; while read line; do if [[ $line =~ $regex ]]; then echo ID is ${BASH_REMATCH[2]}; fi; done < test
ID is zFADf3CW8z1
ID is zFADf3CW8z2
ID is zFADf3CW8z3
ID is zFADf3CW8z4

Do anons still post smartphone generals here? My phone is an s7 edge (G935A) that is becoming so sluggish and battery intensive it's almost unusable, which I assume is samsung raping me with software updates that outstrip the hardware in order to make the device obsolete-- is that anywhere close to correct? I'd like to figure out if there's a way to salvage the phone (rooting it to get rid of all the bullshit?) or barring that start looking at new phones and possibly lineageOS.

t. dumbass from Jow Forums trying to make a phone last > 2 years

Attached: 1546304773986.jpg (779x481, 21K)

i flashed lineage for first time without google apps. do people generally regret not installing google apps? if so why? does it make other things aside from the apps themselves also not work?

los is your best bet

my S4 still works fine with lineageos
couldn't imagine something as new as an S7 running slow
i feel lucky to have never started using gapps in the first place, as soon as i picked up an android phone, i installed cyanogenmod and f-droid, so of course, i don't miss anything, and i don't know if anything doesn't work because of it

my s7's model # isn't listed as compatible with lineage. it's stock.

I put my computer in sleep mode almost every night instead of turning it off. Could this have any negative consequences? Is it fine?

Attached: 1413500348971.jpg (640x409, 28K)

it's fine

not a computer expert by any means but I also do that and I did notice I get better performance in games after restarting. so I restart it every now and then, like once a week.

cheers

I'm making an Android app.
I currently use an ArrayList to store my data. They are < 100. I have a filtering mechanism in place, it iterates through said ArrayList when getFilter().filter() is called, checking if a member variable matches the filter.

Whats a better datastructure to hold the objects? When I have multiple filters active, the iterations gets kinda big?

What's the best DLNA server on Windows 10 that supports external subtitiles for videos streaming to TV?

Attached: 1548553705481.png (259x224, 34K)

How do you do that factory reset thing of your pc so it's completely empty except for the os?
Going to sell my pc to a normie next week and can't have him find my folders of hand holding pictures, need it all gone.

It has windows 7 if that helps?

Attached: 3983837.png (588x427, 44K)

you electrical bill will be higher, just turn it off? nowadays it just take 20sec or less to start. start it when you wake up and going for a piss and brush teeth so it is on when you are done anyway.

There are many (compared to PNG and JPEG), but I guess you mean WebP.

How the fuck does youtube-dl work? Apparently not putting any format option defaults to best quality but it keeps downloading 720p videos when youtube shows 1080p, tried -f best and the same. I don't want to check all the qualities and pick one every single time.
Also tried youtube-dlg but it's buggy, doesn't download/embed subtitles well and it's lacking some options like adding upload date or forcing a format.

Attached: 1545011615831.png (496x708, 448K)

you need ffmpeg available for it to be able to produce >720p30 output, since youtube only supplies those in video OR audio streams, youtube-dl will use ffmpeg to combine both video and audio into single files automatically
it will default to "bestvideo+bestaudio/best", which will grab the best it can
choosing "best" actually means "best combined video+audio stream", which in youtube's case is only up to 720p30

dban.org

Just reinstall windows on it and format the drives.

zero the disk and reinstall windows
dban should do for erasing everything

does anyone know where i can get a cracked copy of itools?
im trying to buy it through their website but its not letting me and i need to fix something before my flight

Sounds like what I'm after, should remove everything on the hdd, right?

Will remember that for the future, sounds neat, cheers.

What happens when a PSU is only supplying a small part of its nominal power? I know efficiency is not constant, but aside from that is there any difference?

It just means the PSU isn't working very hard.

Making a new homelab / ESXi build. I should wait for the Ryzen 3000 series, right? Like getting a 5 2600 now wouldn't be a good idea?

Sure, but aside from proportionally generating more heat is there anything else going on?

Drink bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion. You deserve to be gassed and buried in a landfill with the rest of the garbage, you subhuman shit stain.

Yikes!
Can't have that on a friendly family forum!

I guess I don't understand what you're asking. It's like running an engine at idle. It's a bit wasteful but doesn't really change a whole lot. You already know the efficiency isn't as good.

>It's like running an engine at idle. It's a bit wasteful but doesn't really change a whole lot.
Yeah, I guess that's my question and I didn't word it properly. What's the minimum possible amount of power that the PSU can supply when it's on? Is it basically 0 if the system needs almost no power like when it's hibernating?

sauce on pic?

Ur mum lole
It's just a screengrab from crystaldiskinfo Kurei Kei version.
I don't know that the character is called, if only they had it listed :^(

Ohhhh right on. So I'm a novice at electronics but I do know that DC basically "takes what it needs" in terms of power. I've had 500w power supplies basically just run an LED on a test switch.

Without something like a Kill-A-Watt I don't really know how to check power supplied during hibernation. I looked up an evga spec sheet: evga.com/Products/Specs/PSU.aspx?pn=eac89383-65ea-4fd4-925e-fc6d7480dcb7

But it doesn't really have a spec for like a minimum amount of power supplied. But from my own experience I know it can go very low. I hope someone else can give you a more complete answer.

I want to use bash/awk/sed/tr/whatever to replace a large amount of words in a textfile. The individual words to be replaced is in the first column of a given csv-file, and the replacement-words are in the corresponding rows in the second column. How do I make this work?

Attached: 1416029870956.jpg (403x360, 61K)

>whenever I stream or watch film I downloaded I see the girls lips moving then 3 seconds later I hear what she's saying. seems to only be issue with certain video clips..
>
>but then the stream was out of sync as well. I have gtx 750 ti 2gb. thought it would use that audio? do I need soundcard?
>
>
>other issue is $100 ducky mechanical keyboard. the micro usb port that plugs into the board itself is flimsy. impossible to use it anymore. I used to have to jiggle it a bit to connect but now... i tried for half hour and didn't work so now it's collecting dust while i use rubber dome
>
> all advice appreciated

>for the audio, what kind out speakers are you using? Have you checked your OS audio settings?

audio technicia ath m50 plugged into mobo. probably from cheap mobo audio. thought gpu audio would be used. says HD audio when I update graphics software. my brain is seriously fried...

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 971K)

>But from my own experience I know it can go very low. I hope someone else can give you a more complete answer.
Oh right, I was just wondering about that. Thanks for your answer.

How do you uninstall Locale Emulator? I still have it installed from like years ago despite changing my computer's locale to Japanese also years ago

I have two dozen VoIP numbers and I need a tool that uses all of them simultaneously to call the same number for a radio contest.
I thought about automating LinPhone with xdotool and Python but maybe there's a more straightforward way
Basically I want to call on 20 lines and hang up all but the one that gets through to the radio station
Thoughts?

How do i make Cataclysm: dark days ahead work on loonix? I think i have to compile it, but googling it hasn't helped me at all. I would appreciate any pointers.

t. linux noob

What is the easiest way to transfer files from my s7 to my pc without using usb transfer if they're both connected to my wifi?

Attached: 1451256469460.png (582x832, 653K)

Microsoft Office just disappeared from my laptop today. It happened to my girlfriend too, and she restarted her computer and it was fine. I restarted mine and it was still missing. Anyone know what's going on?

Best site for Android APKs?

Im new to linux commands. What should I use to connect to the internet? Im having trouble just setting up an internet connection at a public hotspot.

What is your source media?

>He installed Gentoo as his first distro

what exactly are you asking? Where i got it or what files i have to compile? Anyway, here's a screenshot of the folder.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-02-07 20-01-18.png (601x531, 39K)

I did extract it of course, just happened to screenshot the archive.

- If you have a windows PC, samsung has software for that (Samsung Keys or something I think)
- Bluetooth
- Email them
- Dropbox
- Google

play.google.com

I'm trying to download a video from history.com with little success

forum.videohelp.com/threads/376522-Downloading-or-Copying-Video-From-History-Channel has instructions, noting you need to locate the .m3u8 using adblock plus as seen in pic related and plug that into livestreamer or another tool to rip the video

However, I installed adblock plus, and i'm not seeiong any sort of searchbar to to do this? can anybody help me figure out how or another way to find the .m3u8 url of a given video page?

Attached: 0000000000000000000000history.png (1217x380, 183K)

you knew what I meant

youtube-dl seems to work for me.
nopaste.xyz/?0f1d49c991b3dc6e#8Eu97t6fGNCxDjy08pLG5K2w205sepCTd1D6jA0AVas=

You can use the developer tools then look for "Sources" it probably will show up there somewhere. You might have to look a lot tho.

I'm building a new PC. I have moved all my torrented files onto my external HDD.
Now if I copy the configurations of my torrent client into the same folder on my new PC, will it recognize the torrents and allow me to continue seeding?

Attached: 1546640631171.jpg (603x466, 27K)