Damn, LibreOffice looks that _that_?

Damn, LibreOffice looks that _that_?

Attached: Tabbed_UI_Home.png (1905x1033, 886K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)
wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.1#Images
blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/02/07/libreoffice-6-2/
youtube.com/watch?v=VBiUE2d2Lsw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cs grads with autism make a better product for free than a billion dollar company with thousands of employees

>took 12 years for freetards to steal the ribbon
Yikes

It's really good
LibreOffice Writer is much better than MS Word imo
But Excel is still king, Calc is not even close
Still impressive though, I don't miss MS Office at all, especially with the Office 365 bollocks
Have you seen Office 365? It's complete dog shit, why people even pay for that shit?? It's awful

Ribbon is patented, faggot

that _that_ is bloatware
but i still use it..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribbon_(computing)

>On February 13th 2018, a jury from the Northern District of California found that Corel Corporation had infringed on several Microsoft's Ribbon Design Patents and Ribbon Utility Patents regarding the Fluent UI.

Yeah, until the Ribbon patents expire, no one is gonna steal this crap

so what can excel do that calc supposedly can't? other than process smoothly

Writer is the only usable part, every other component of LibreOffice is shit
And even then Writer randomly adds white pages/deletes images/formulas
Writer is good for quick notetaking but for important shit stick to word

>so what can excel do that calc supposedly can't?
Tables that stay consistent and can be expanded automatically (killer feature)
Automatically naming ranges
A few versions ago calc didn't even support the column:column notation
Excel is much more smooth
Calc is still very good (Apple Numbers: that was complete shit), you can do anything with it, but it ain't Excel

Call me when I can put a picture inside of a fucking table cell and not have it shit itself

Seriously it's painful to use LibreOffice. Even pages on fagOS is better than that shit for basic documents.

>Call me when I can put a picture inside of a fucking table cell and not have it shit itself
Furthermore in word you can put an image in the header and it repeats on every page like a watermark and it stays locked in place
In writer you can't do it, it shits up and header stays unlocked and document gets fucked
But for the average person I believe libreoffice is better value and as good as office

I've seen a grown man break a table because he couldn't do some kind of assignment on LibreOffice that involved pictures before without it breaking like a madman. Oh man, that wasn't a good sight.

Another thing, I had a few word documents around, I know compatibility is not the most essential feature of all, but opening a specific document I had it inserted 5 empty pages out of nowhere. Opened it with google docs, that chinksoft office software, only got 1 empty page if that. Something's wrong with LibreOffice and honestly even normies lose their temper with it.

>12 years later
AHAHAHAHA

not sure if that's what you want, and I'm certainly not trying to convince you, but for your information, this is in the 6.1 release notes:

>put a picture inside of a fucking table cell and not have it shit itself
wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.1#Images

No idea about the header thing. I would never use writer/word.

Friendly reminder the libre office open source code is a living nightmare

Took em a while, but yes.

Move into the present and use Google Docs, shit fuck

>cloud garbage
No thanks. I'd rather carve out letters from stone with my teeth.

Le redpill me on this

blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2019/02/07/libreoffice-6-2/

UPDATE NOW TO THE MICROSOFT OFFICE KILLER

What does that look like, faggot?

Most people are just fine Google Docs (sans privacy concerns), and no one in their right mind won't use Excel.

or just download office 2010-2016
can someone explain what is office 365 anyway? never understood it.

Attached: 1364381190_preview_-n9JYfn8wc5NmqDKvE2l166N6VL3Pfds0Jvji_HL1gI.png (704x768, 1.02M)

LibreOffice unfortunatly crashes regulary on Windows 10, so I have to use OpenOffice.

On Arch it works actually pretty good.

>it's too normie to name them documents, tables, slides

>LibreOffice unfortunatly crashes regulary on Windows 10, so I have to use OpenOffice.
>Windows 10 AND OpenOffice
That sounds horrible. I'm very sorry to hear that. Although that's good to know, a friend of mine has a W10 laptop and wanted to switch from Open to LibreOffice. Is there a bug report for this so I can keep checking?

Attached: Jesus+Christ+How+Horrifying.jpg (225x220, 71K)

> for important shit stick to word
one would switch to latex for that

thats an obvious rip off but they didnt make something like GNOMEs HUMAN interface retardation

It's much slower when dealing with big spreadsheets.

Take the chinkpill

Attached: wps-office-free.jpg (800x600, 103K)

You will never need excel outside of an office job

Quite honestly the best option right now

Spreadsheets are one of the best things computers can do and excel is definitely the best spreadsheet software available

So can emacs. Only reason to have excel is to open up excel files.

I wrote an entire novel in it, fagbag

>windows
might aswell just install MS Office

You should create a thread at >>/lit/

StallmanxLinux gay novel?

No, gay werewolfXhuman romance actually

>I'd rather carve out letters from stone with my teeth
What did ze mean by this?

Shit, really? I was thinking of switching to LibreOffice as soon as my MS Office subscription runs out in like a week. Oh well.

>patenting a piece of code
why is this allowed?

Attached: 1545510755236.png (598x621, 69K)

So I've been looking online and I found that a Windows update from August 2018 appears to cause a problem with OPEN office. haven't found anything with libre office yet.

360 is basically office as a service

Fuck. Another patent that I'd like to see destroyed is the "scrobbling" or whatever from iPhones. (dragging away from a timeline to increase temporal resolution of dragging)

It's not in most of the world

Except that it still cannot properly do xlsx, pptx and docx. Fuck this inferior piece of free software.

>tabbed navigation
FUCKING HELL
THAT WAS THE REASON I QUIT MS OFFICE
NOW THEY DO THIS

what the fuck

>*(1/1)
What did they mean by this?

>ribbon
>tab
>menu bar
>window norder
Medium yikes

Can you give an example of this? Because I can't seem to find what you're talking about

you have to somehow justify all that government money for your "research"

>using xlsx, pptx and docx
>being a cuck

pick both

Is this your first encounter of someone having problems running software? Those fags usually run spyware or "virus" scanners that interfere with something or even better, some "privacy tools" to combat telemetry.
Chances are high that it just works for anyone else, do you seriously think the don't test their shit beforehand?

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

Can you advertise your free software virginity any louder? If you had any sort of experience with free software than you would know that they never take away features, apart from sjw infested shithouses like firefox and gnome.

Excellent rebut pajeet

It looks like a parody of the 5+ internet explorer add-on toolbar screenshots

See And use latex instead, pajeet

Naturally, that's why I asked for a bug report.

Attached: r_665777_DzjtM.jpg (799x572, 81K)

It's basically tabs with a more fancy design

>blender and LibreOffice are improving their UIs
>open source software is taking user experience seriously
Fucking finally.

Attached: 1520092641870.gif (245x230, 879K)

Just don't install the new version then.

*Gay werestallmanXwindows hentai

Didn't some american high court invalidate the patent because even software from the 80's had ribbon interfaces.

Microsoft only has a copyright for their very own implementation.

desu

I don't think you understood what I meant. Please re-read the post you quoted.

Let me interject a moment, what you're referring as ribbon, is in fact tabbed-ui, or as I recently started calling it, tab-ui.
Ribbon UI is protected by law, since it is patented, but we had do steal it, and since we don't live in China, we have to change it slightly, so Microcucks would have good time sucking their dicks.

Gib wallpaper pls

Oh no, they fell for the ribbon meme. RIP LibreOffice.

>ribbon UI
violent_vomiting.jpg

中國的不問題

> It can't do proprietary formats correct 100% when they were created by a company for their own program

Don't you have some poor kid to save, Mr. Gates?

Damn Microsoft Word looks like that?

Attached: hkEZe.png (1335x982, 164K)

>macshit
Dismissed

>caring

Is that a newer word?

Any guide for how can I into spreadsheets?
I used ad-hoc scripts from early on and I do budgeting in ledger so I'm a total brainlet when it comes to spreadsheets.
I can't do anything besides component wise operations on columns or scatter plots

Microsoft has gone to shit.

I use OpenOffice.

Yep, I have vaccine, that will make them sterile and will solve all problems.

I used LibreOffice calc at work because Excel is so shit. It literally loses your highlighted column when you activate a different application. So if you are working in another application and have Excel visible, you can't see which column/row is highlighted.

>make

most of microsoft's portfolio is acquisitions bruh

goes back to DOS holmes

>excel
>not just using sql

is this even Jow Forums?

You think users give a shit about that? Either their files work or they don't and in the majority case, they don't since that's the standard format used.
You can't sit here and say "it's better!" when it doesn't work properly.

youtube.com/watch?v=VBiUE2d2Lsw

This is a joke. Right?

None of the features Excel has that the others don't are required outside of an office workplace.

Libreoffice Calc will suffice in almost all other situations.

Did it evaluate to a joke?

WPS is way better