FUCKING NIGGERS

FUCKING NIGGERS
WHERE IS MY SUPER POWER EFFICIENT MONOCHROME LCD PDA RUNNING NETBSD???
WHY DO I NOT HAVE UNIX CORE UTILS ON A DECENT PORTABLE DEVICE IN 2019???

Attached: serveimage.jpg (3968x2976, 1.88M)

what tasks are most utilized with a PDA like that?

Posting it on /g blog twice a day.
Either in dumpster or in $1 bargain bin. Kys

Holy shit I have found this exact fucking thing in my dads office when I was 8 or so and kept playing and writing short stories on it till I got my first computer. Where they ever actually popular?

emacs orgmode in your pocket
groff/lout in your pocket
vim in your pocket
mpd in your pocket
etc

Gemini PDA is basically like that, except it got regular modern LCD and runs android

Attached: Image-PDA-2-3-Front_1080x.jpg (1080x720, 123K)

>runs android
That's a problem for me. I don't have root, I can't update it myself and I am sure, there are gapps preinstalled.

I want to run Linux on it with Plasma Mobile or a customized XFCE and probably a SSH server.

I know right?
>tfw no qwerty linux phone
Like seriously, the last phone of that type is N900 and more than 10 years passed since then already. After that it's either qwerty android or boring rectangle like yollo or pureautism.

Attached: 1549203011732-g.jpg (1245x1035, 671K)

It has unlocked bootloader, you could install any system you want( Maemo Leste, postmarketOS, Halium-thingy, even Arch)

no it doesn't

Attached: IMG_20190207_164508.jpg (1800x873, 127K)

>mediakek

it runs linux retards

I had the Psion 3 and 5 (mx I think). Good times

do you mean push down automata by PDA?

>mali

no ty

>mediatek
ONE JOB

linux users dont go outside so they have no need of a portable device

>comes with a giant anal probe because it's so gay

lol

>mediakek
HAHAHAHAHA

stuff a raspberry pi in it.

Good luck finding other SoC without shitty contracts with phone OEMs.

>SUPER POWER EFFICIENT
No such thing unfortunately. I wish there were e-ink devices in this form factor but there doesn't seem to be a market for it .

Attached: Comfy_pandora.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE PYRA YOU FAGGOT GERMAN

Tschuldigung, wird noch etwas dauern. EvilDragon ist halt mies der Affe, glaube kaum, dass es sich überhaupt noch lohnt das Ding zu kaufen (jetzt wo der GPD Win 2 etwa das gleiche kostet und einfach 90 Milliarden mal schneller ist)

Attached: openpandora_multitasking.jpg (1920x1440, 483K)

>Mies der Affe
Lingo so cringe dass sie aus r/der stammen könnte

Why "super power efficient" monochrome LCD? Why not hyper power efficient monochrome e-ink?
Considering that those old LCDs had more ghosting and transferred slower than 1st gen e-ink, I don't see why you would want that in the current year.

Hast mich erwischt, bin r/de Nazimod und du bist jetzt banniert

E-ink is terrible for anything where the screen will change more than once a minute. The whole screen needs to be refreshed normally.

I mostly use mine for spreadsheets, writing shitty rich text documents and programming.

Termux on Android provides a fairly authentic *nix experience

I want to buy a Cosmo Communicator, but I'm pretty sure the keyboard is too small for normal use, so it would be thumbs or maybe one hand. Basically, it's just a mobile phone with a physical keyboard and a landscape screen.

>any android phone
>expanded battery or power bank
>power saving mode
>termux
Good enough for casual work and side peojects on my flights from Asia to Burgerland.

>terminals on shitty touch screens
Thanks, but no thanks.

I want this to be a thing, but every time I look one up I get the feeling that the right companies aren't putting enough thought into these devices.

That being said, I'd prefer a thumb-typing focused PDA over a very tiny laptop feel.

>Linux on it with Plasma Mobile

I have a Gemini PDA and yes, you can do 100% that. In fact, the default Debian version for the Gemini PDA comes with that. The device is completely unlocked, you can port Gentoo to it if you fucking care to do so.

Biggest issue is the current 3.14* kernel which is old, but from x20 and x27 SOC updates to the latest kernel, it will likely be mainlined soon. Basically, MediaTek is whack.

The Cosmo Communicator has the same keyboard as the Gemini PDA, and it is doable with two hands (I have bigger than US average hands); however, it's now backlighted.

The problem is the retarded fucking price for basically just having a keyboard. They're trying to make it into a flagship device for some abysmal reason.

>Linux OS
What.

but the pyra has more potential...
hopefully.

This was released in 1994, can run several versions of Linux, and has one of the best portable keyboards ever created.
Why don't YOU have one? Just lazy I guess.

Attached: Poc0048a.jpg (1600x1590, 525K)

Why not install netbsd on something YOURSELF rather than buying a premade consumerist toy that'd make you feel "hacker"?

Allwinner?
If you don't give a shit about support, then you end up with products like what Orange Pi makes, but if you actually care, well, NES mini, Mi Robot, lots of people make decent products with them.

>y and z swapped
What's the battery life like? How's the emacs performance?

redpill me on the 100/200lx.
how good is the linux/bsd support? Can I use vim to write groff/latex documents? I doubt it's powerful enough to compile latex but can it do groff/lout?
Can I use a tty pdf reader on it?

Wow - didn’t know that - thank you!

Always liked the aesthetic of grey/black for reading.

That keyboard looks fantastic.

Attached: 1522669166865.jpg (4592x3056, 2.92M)

>buy smol external keyboard
>problem solved

>banniert
Ich sollte diesen Ausdruck in mein Standardvokabular aufnehmen.

is that hard to setup?

Sexy.

Attached: 1527641765871.jpg (164x152, 14K)

Rockchip

Pretty sure they have a pre-rooted no-g-shit android [image?] for the Gemini. You can also have it boot directly into various flavors of linux.

The problem is the outdated Kernel provided and that the SOC is ... Mediatek.

I want to make spreadsheets on something that uses electronic paper, that would be peak comfy

>WHY DO I NOT HAVE UNIX CORE UTILS ON A DECENT PORTABLE DEVICE IN 2019???
I just use my phone and a bluetooth keyboard. Even got X applications working on it over local VNC (works well enough), and sound works because pulseaudio (filthy hack but it works).
Shame about the screen size, but that's it.
and then I can use it basically all day

viao p idiot.

Attached: Sony_VAIO_P.jpg (800x600, 131K)

I am about to start building my own.

Warum zum Fick sollte man nicht den Ger Dub bei DC gucken.

Based Mediatek crab logo IC

This is not true of today's commercial offerings. One minute is way too long, and many large displays (4"+) have partial refresh.

What ideas have you had about your designs so far?

I'm building something similar but in a phone form factor with no physical keyboard. There's no large consumer market for Linux phones so I figured I'd build a similar device myself, but I don't want to use it as a phone, just as an air-gapped PDA.

For some insight, I'll be using a surface-mount SoM with native MIPI DSI (for the MIPI touch display) and Linux support. I'm going to be designing the carrier board for the SoM myself which, along with finding a great phone display and figuring out its timings using the MIPI spec I scavenged off of a Chinese website, is going to be extremely painful for an amateur from the looks of it.

Are you thinking about designing your own components?

Weil ich Mondsprache kann du Lausbube