What's the best file type for my music?

What's the best file type for my music?

Attached: takeuchi.jpg (998x1000, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

romaco.ca/blog/2015/03/23/experimental-differences-in-audio-compression-formats/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Analog

.ogg

.Music encoded at 12 bitrate

FLAC 192/24

FLAC still takes too much fucking storage

There is no perfect digital format due to many reasons, is more correct than people think. Digital formats or the medium they're stored on tend to rot or disintegrate. Vinyl also warps, so perhaps we need innovation with recording and distributing sound in analog.
On top of disintegration, the sound in digital format is a dithered quantised estimation of the real sound.

MP3 V0 is good enough if you're not an archivist or audiophile

>audiophile

>Implying people don't have different hearing from person to person.
>Implying the reason for lossless usage is for "audiophilia" and not file preservation.
I bet you don't know what disc rot is.

mp3 320kbs unless you are absolute faggot claiming that HE can hear difference that is hard to notice even for professionals

Tell me of a single song you can't download nowadays or get somewhere that has been degraded to the point where it's not worth listening

I have some CDs over here with old ass mp3s and they still sound relatively fine

MIDI

>Tell me of a single song you can't download nowadays or get somewhere that has been degraded to the point where it's not worth listening
Most downloaded music has already been affected. All it takes is one person with the right speakers for the effect to be obvious.

>On top of disintegration, the sound in digital format is a dithered quantised estimation of the real sound.
Got a problem with Nyquist?

Take note of me stating archivist as the first point for keeping lossless content

Go listen to your private tracker Mongolian throat singing FLACs and calm down a bit before attempting to talk to people again

Then buy yourself a set of speakers that don't make that sound like shit. Again, it's turning into the audiophile shit, preservation for that only reason. Begging for better quality just so you don't appreciate lack of purity on better equipment. Maybe don't spend hundreds on dollars on such equipment and enjoy the fucking music? It's not like the trash you listen to is gonna get any better.

>2050
>MP3 is now a defunct format; no modern hardware, or software, can play it
>Your entire collection is now useless and cannot be transcoded without significant quality loss*

*romaco.ca/blog/2015/03/23/experimental-differences-in-audio-compression-formats/

jesus, flacfags can't come up with literally anything better
laughable

opus dei

Hard drives cost 40 bucks a terabyte nowadays. For local storage there really is no excuse to use lossy audio compression.

imagine having fast internet instead and simply downloading what you want to listen instead of storing it like my grandpa does food?

This, hoarding is what a faggot does. Motherfucker assumes those hard drives are gonna last more than the average mp3 ripped these days.

OGG container with Opus encoded audio
Lupus Dei

I want to try opus. At what bitrate quality is comparable with mp3 v0?

Attached: 09_10_12_1252853528116.png (635x463, 2K)

Thanks OP for reminding me of the song "Plastic Love" featured on the album pictured. Mariya Takeuchi is a serious hottie.

mkv

>defunct format
mp3 support cost nothing, all patents expired and you gotta be a fucking moron to deliberately cut support for something that's free and already done for you.
On the other hand, your retarded fancy new formats definitely wouldn't play on your old devices, so you'll have to buy a new one like a good goy.

>tapes in cases sound better than taps without cases.

FLAC

Attached: 033.png (300x322, 70K)

DSD

If you want lossless go for FLAC. Lossy on the other hand you want to go with opus encoding with .ogg container because it has better support than their own .opus file.

Flac because it will preserve sound quality pretty much forever:
mp3: ~1-5 years
ogg: ~20-50 years
flac: ~24.000-120.000 years

Pay people to perform live every time you want to listen to a song

FLAC makes a real difference on my top tier headphones
she has god tier aging genes too
wtf is this
do you mean the mp3 songs I've been listening to on my PC since the last decade have gone worse? They sound the same to me.

>the mp3 songs I've been listening to on my PC since the last decade have gone worse?
Yes