Since its extremely expensive to get a HGST over yurop, wat is the second best option?

since its extremely expensive to get a HGST over yurop, wat is the second best option?
WD red?

Attached: file.png (466x466, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

conrad.com/p/35-89-cm-internal-hard-drive-recertified-10-tb-hitachi-bulk-huh721010ale600-fr-sata-iii-1616296?searchTerm=He10&searchType=suggest&searchSuggest=product
darrellx.com/buildapc/price-fixing-collusion/
alternate.de/Seagate/ST8000DM004-8-TB-Festplatte/html/product/1396956?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

toshiba probably

how is this one?
same price as the WD red

Attached: 410S394ZG4L.jpg (355x500, 30K)

>WD SHIT
>SEAGATE SHIT
>HGST GUD
wtf happened

Attached: 1310496497472.jpg (203x152, 16K)

deep lore: OP comes back 6 months later whining about dead HDD
deeper lore: OP buys another WD

Attached: S I M U L A T I O N D U D E.png (483x581, 341K)

Seagate.

WD Red or Seagate Ironwolf.
We usually buy them in bulk, they are both more than reliable enough for the price. Of course there are always edge cases where one fails after a few months but those are pretty rare. So should you get WD or Sg? Buy the cheaper one, there is no difference in reliability that I have seen so far.

I have it, mainly to store my gaymes. It's fast but very fucking noisy when it spins up.

>2019
>hdd

t. faggot that does literally nothing on his pc but shitpost on Jow Forums

I don't know of any vendors who distribute HGST disks (only amazon and co whose marketplace sellers resell), but since this is a europe hardware thread can someone recommend me some hardware vendors in europe? I'm mostly interested in used datacenter networking hardware but I'll take anything I can get. Bonus points if they accept bitcoin.

This

So this one is cheaper than both red and toshiba, what is this ironwolf brand about anyways?

Attached: file.png (1500x1500, 730K)

The only actual answer. Seagate is gambling your data away.

Just normal NAS drives just like the WD Reds. We use them and WD Reds at work. The prices (around here) fluctuate a lot so we buy whichever is cheaper at the moment. I also use them at home in my backup server and they are pretty fucking good for the price.

Christ, what happened to the hard disk market? I feel like I blinked and there were three left.
>Seagate
>Western Digital
>Toshiba, according to Wikipedia, but when's the last time you heard anything about Toshiba drives?
I sure do miss Maxtor. Never had any problem with them.
Had plenty of 2.5" Fujitsu drives shit the bed however. I think I went through four in the same number of years back when I was a macbook fag.
Man, fuck Seagate. I've still got three 3TB Hitachi drives going strong but they're loud as fuck.

This. Plus the 14TB seagates are actually available right now in the uk.
Yet another duopoly has been set up in the hardware market since wd bought everyone else. What's left with actual competition?

t. faggot with 10tb hentai collection

Toshiba is a very large oem distributor for Dell (maybe go too?) I just know they supply Dell with drives because I'm always ripping them out in 3-4 years when they slow to mollases or die.

please leave

conrad.com/p/35-89-cm-internal-hard-drive-recertified-10-tb-hitachi-bulk-huh721010ale600-fr-sata-iii-1616296?searchTerm=He10&searchType=suggest&searchSuggest=product

It reduced itself to a "duopoly" rife with price fixing.

darrellx.com/buildapc/price-fixing-collusion/

That's bullshit.
I have a lot of Seagate Disks and none of them has failed for me since years.

I got a 10Tb red and its working great. Make sure you 7200rpm and a good sized cache.

You can get a green and disable the park every 12 seconds idle feature with hdparm. You now have a red in every practical way.

8TB red is the price sweetpoint right now.

Toshiba & Seagate iron wolf

Regular Seagate can do 20tb a year write, those are rated for 200tb a year or something crazy

WD Blue Desktop (EZRZ series) + MUST increase head parking time from 8-16 seconds to 5 minutes and you got a cheap, reliable storage for 10+ years.
If defragmented properly (according to boot loading / superfetch order), you can even use it as a secondary system drive (loads W7/10 in 8 seconds)

Barracuda is 55TB

I brought HE12 from Senetic

Anyone have experience with Seagate Skyhawk in a NAS? They are designed for surveillance but shouldn't they work fine as NAS drives (in RAID 5)?

Just bought an 8TB Seagate Backup plus hub external HDD.
breddy good, but it has no on/off button at all.
Gave 179 Eurocuck money for it and it has an ST8000DM004 built in, which costs about 209 Eurocuckmoney as a naked internal SATA Disk.
So the external one, with power adaptor, USB cable, hosing with built in electronics and USB hub is like 30 bucks cheaper.
If you want the internal so bad, jusr shuck it open.

Attached: Seagate Backup Plus Hub.jpg (1000x1000, 55K)

It's an SMR drive though. That's not an issue if used for backups or as a media drive.
I still wouldn't buy them, as they should be significantly cheaper than PMR drives, which they aren't. WD my books aren't more expensive and use some HGST style helium drives.

Nope, the built in ST8000DM004 is a Barracuda HDD and according to Seagates own data sheet, it is a conventional PMR Disk and not SMR.
The 8TB Archive SMR discs spin with 5900 RPM, while the Barracuda disk spins with 5400 RPM
I used to buy the 8TB Archive disks from Seagate, and they behave totally different and you clearly hear and also see the differences when they write and erase stuff.
Here is the internal naked one that's built in:
alternate.de/Seagate/ST8000DM004-8-TB-Festplatte/html/product/1396956?

But i know that older batches of the same Backup Plus Hub 8TB version had the archive disks built in. But these archive disks are out of production and not listed anymore in any store i buy from and not either on Seagates website. Only as legacy products that are no longer available.

Sorry buddy but that drive is SMR, Seagate now calls it TGMR and it is in the spec sheet.

The drive is fine for write once read many scenario's.

Best to avoid WD(HGST) and Seagate, buy Toshiba much better.

There is nothing wrong with WD especially with their RMA process

I really hope this happens.

Attached: Pajeet.jpg (4288x2848, 784K)

>6 months later
Who cares as long as you still have warranty.

People that don't have a proper backup strategy. Also commonly known as a bundle of sticks.

While you are right on the Disk being TGMR, you are wrong on that TGMR is SMR with just another name.
Allthough TGMR provides a more densely packed data with narrower writing tracks than conventional PMR. But it is not overlapping like SMR does.
When i write something to the barracuda disk, it instantly writes and finishes when the file transfer is complete. While my SMR disks still rewrite in order to overlap with previously written data.
Seagate also specifies the Barracuda for Desktop use in AIO copmputers and similar.

I have a lot of Seagates (mostly the archive 8TB disks) and never had a single failure on one of them. So i am pretty satisfied with the reliability.

Or just don't buy shitty consumer grade WD drives with that feature.

or buy them because they're cheaper than the rest of the line-up, tweak the setting and save your cash