Intel has the ME Backdoor. Does AMD have something like this too?

Intel has the ME Backdoor. Does AMD have something like this too?

Attached: df97050a-e9d8-430c-9b9e-c4e01258ac3c.jpg (664x485, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah the "Platform Security Processor" or "AMD Secure Processor"
they were sucking open source cock just a minute before their new shit

libreboot.org/faq.html#amd-platform-security-processor-psp

Attached: psp.png (1065x680, 204K)

god damn

we only pick the evil we like the color better user
no such thing as "lesser" anymore
we can argue about performance for workloads or gaymen or whatever but in reality never assume any of them has your best interest in mind, because they don't

Come home, white man

Attached: riscv.png (512x512, 24K)

If you believe what Intel and AMD say about the ME and PSP respectively, then the PSP is a lot less suspicious. The PSP doesn't have the remote management features of the ME. So it's not always on and online, in fact it should not have access to the network at all. But it's still a potential obstacle to freedom because of secure boot. Also, you can disable the PSP after booting whereas the ME is meant to be always running (AFAIK it's still possible to disable it using hacks).

Of course none of this is verifiable since the PSP is closed source just like the ME. Which also means nobody can inspect it for vulnerabilities or backdoors, or to ensure that it really does disable itself when asked to do so.

>Of course none of this is verifiable since the PSP is closed source just like the ME.
This. Consider both brands compromised.

>RISC-V
>Not MIPS or POWER

Attached: 1539228123437.png (882x1025, 246K)

>POWER
OpenPOWER is """open""" only to business partners.
>IBM is using the word "open" to describe this project in three ways:

>They are licensing the microprocessor technology openly to its partners. They are sharing the blueprints to their hardware and software to their partners, so they can hire IBM or other companies to manufacture processors or other related chips.
>They will collaborate openly in an open-collaboration business model where participants share technologies and innovations with each other.
>Advantages via open-source software such as the Linux operating system.
Not sure on MIPS though.

Attached: (((Open)))POWER.png (996x164, 42K)

aren't both of those ass loads of money?

how to disable PSP?

MIPS is going entirely open

has anyone actually rechecked if the bios disable even worked for the periodic checking?
early on, I heard the recheck was every 30 minutes
has anyone disabled it from bios with their modified chips and checked if it shut down after the 30 mins?

In BIOS.

Where the fuck i gonna get my cpus from now

Nice. Any good hardware suggestions to look out for? I know about Lemote stuff including both their old netbooks and new desktop/server boards, but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

PSP

Purism and Raptor Computing

get a block of wood and a pocket knife and whittle your own CPU

What about the FX series?

Neither of them make MIPS. I was asking about MIPS. Purism looks good for lappys, as I doubt we'll be getting anything non-x86 for a while, and for raptor see

MIPS has only recently announced that they're going open so it'll be a while before we see anything.
Raptor is still mostly blob-free, the ISA being open or not doesn't affect your privacy.