What does Jow Forums think of one plus...

What does Jow Forums think of one plus? Been heavily considering upgrading to 6t but since its chink should i worry about privacy?

Attached: 71vhRI-8eJL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 12K)

> What does Jow Forums think of one plus?
There are no apps that even use this processing power & RAM and all the other fanciness.

Basically, just get a Redmi Note.

> should i worry about privacy?
As far as we can tell, China isn't peddling your data yet, and generally not assassinating foreigners.

Google and every second damn app on the regular store should give you reason to worry. There is a little more you can do about it on an Android than on an Apple, but yup, privacy is a huge problem.

I like my 1+6. Battery easily lasts 2 days with wifi/gps/bluetooth/cell coverage on. The stock Oxygen OS is fairly close to vanilla android, and the camera is plenty good enough for a phone camera.

I upgraded from a Note 5 back in June. Hopefully this will last me many more years to come.

>China isn't peddling your data yet, and generally not assassinating foreigners.
user... you're wrong on both accounts.

I think they are cool phones, but have no real use aside from people who want flagships and review brags. Most 200 dollar phones are "good enough" these days to do most of anything outside gaming on max.

Unless they make a good budget version I'll stick with doing a phone refresh of a 200 dollar device every 2-3 years

No headphone jack. Get the 6 instead

The privacy scare on OnePlus a while back was a joke. It was literally just a system app that sent aggregate anonymous usage statistics about the news feed app. People made a huge deal about it because there was no way to disable it. Well there is now. Considering Gboard collects actual phrases you type by default, I don't see what all the fuss was.

1+ has the best aftermarket support of any manufacturer on the market, you can literally pick from 50 lineage and AOSP based ROMs if you really don't trust the chinks. They also seem to have decent quality control, I went through 3 returns on defective pixel 2xls before I decided to go with a 5t and it's been flawless.

wires are gay

OnePlus One was and honestly still is a god tier phone
Currently using a OnePlus 5T and it's alright but I don't think I'll get another OnePlus phone for my next device.

they're so fucking fantastic in theory but for a brand who's slogan is "never settle", i seem to always have to settle for some bullshit in some way

>1+1 - yellow band screen, bootloops
>1+3 - camera literally dead on arrival, complete hardware failure, returned
>1+6 - dogshit camera software with greasy looking photos and 1 full second delay when taking them

i always want to like them but there is always fucking something.

Good phone, but takes some time getting used to the size. I had an iPhone SE and upgraded to a 6t.

I like the build quality of their phones. Im using OnePlus X with lineage atm. I like it very much, but my next upgrade wount be 1+ most likely. No headphone slot is a dealbreaker 4 me.

I guess sound quality is gay too

>op5 - Jelly scrolling because of upside down screen

i dont like the no headphone jack meme or bluetooth headphones but the new version of bluetooth supposedly has no quality issues

i just upgrade from a op2 to op3 pretty decent device has 6gb ram and good rom support

download gcam instead of the default camera app and find a config file for the oneplus 6

Attached: 1508698467314 (1).gif (480x270, 1.94M)

i have a 1+6 , it never lags but screen on time isn't that great, can't fault it otherwise

I was skeptical about BT headphones, but got some Sennheisers with AptX and it's good enough. If you're okay with 320 kbps mp3's, it's just as good as wired. The only flaw is there is some background hiss. If you listen to really dynamic music (e.g. classical) it might be a problem. But 99% of the shit most people listen to is compressed enough that you'd never hear the noise.

the only reason i dont like it is that you have to charge them so i dont see the point, the cable doesn't bother me. I know if i got bt headphones id always forget to charge them Ive had two smartwatches and gotten rid of them due to forgetting to charge them so cant use them kek. I'll stick with my cables

Attached: 42174883_p0_master1200.jpg (826x1169, 107K)

Yeah, that's why I got over the ear headphones, because they have 25hr battery life. They can also be used wired if the battery dies. They're still pretty small and compact for cans, and fold up nicely. Wanted more compact buds initially, but like you said, battery life is garbage.

Attached: SENNHEISER-hd-4.5-BTNC-1.jpg (1080x720, 66K)

Would if I could. Can't find the 6 in stock.

just buy on ebay or amazon there will be new on there

E bay is spooky I don't want to get fucked.

i dont get this meme ive been using ebay for like 10 years and only issues a few times. paypal always resolve issues aswell

OK fuck it I'm buying a op6 when I get home from work.