Kde>gnome

Why the fuck do people still develop for gnome we should all move to kde

Attached: 1535876513150.png (720x716, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jwz.org/doc/cadt.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Gnome is better than KDE

Attached: 1527926384559.jpg (650x366, 29K)

Gnome: better and cooler externally, but rotten internally
KDE: ugly windows style externally, but better code quality and performance

Budgie is comfier

Op here, I'm a kubuntu user, is there any huge difference between kubuntu and kde neon? How good is the support for both os'

Neon is based on LTE edition that gets better support and compatibility while having the latest updated Plasma.

So is kubuntu no?

Both are shit, use Xfce or LXDE

Only been using Linux for a couple months, I wanna stick to ubuntu for the time being

Xubuntu or Lubuntu my man

Since I don't run a potato I have no need to stick to lubuntu, kubuntu it is then.

>KDE being stable
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, I'm not even sure why people suggest any kind of ubuntu to new people. I'm an arch user and whenever ubuntu starts giving me trouble, I usually can't find an answer.
I always suggest like fedora or something for new people

Why the fuck do people still develop for kde we should all move to xfce

>kde
>unstable
When this feetfaggot propaganda will die? I have exactly zero (0) issues with kde. What do you even do to it to make it crash?

gstreamer is really good and glib (+ associated stuff) is "good enough"

except for the ui part but ui is the devil any way you go

plasma 5 is pretty stable

Xfce>KDE
LXDE used to be my favorite but you just can't beat the seamlessness of XFCE

Pinged wrong person, but KDE for me has always been unstable as shit, on 2 different computers from vastly different times (2008 vs 2014, I have my computer from 2018 which I haven't tested KDE on)

>ugly windows style externally
KDE makes it retardedly easy to make Windows look any way you want.

Attached: Screenshot_20190208_100412.png (1680x1050, 267K)

>my bloated DE is better than your bloated DE
OP is a fag

my linux experience improved by leaps and bounds when I stopped trying to use a DE

>Why the fuck do people still develop for gnome we should all move to kde
Because both are shit
xfce>windows>kde>gnome

>ugly windows style externally
it's like you're a windows user who doesn't understand that any good DE allows you make it look like nearly whatever the fuck you want unlike the "customization" that windows provides

>kde
>better code quality and performance
With so many rewrites, options, complexity I don't think so

wow i wonder what those rewrites are for

>wow i wonder what those rewrites are for
jwz.org/doc/cadt.html

no thanks, I don't like unstable software

Last time I tried KDE it installed a TON of random KDE themed software like kcalendar, kcalculator, kemail, etc. (not sure if those were the exact names) and it all broke down when I tried to uninstall some of them.

is this still the case? I may try it again if it there's less random things included

why is black science man holding a knife in a threatening manner

>t. feet cheese worshipping tranny

Sound like your package manager is shit

>any good DE allows you make it look like nearly whatever the fuck you want
>any good DE
Glad we both agree that Gnome is no good de.

kde is a fucking clusterfuck they need to burn the whole house and start again. I like it but is just fucking beyond repairable.
Gnome is just more polished right now.

Install dwm.

Thats normal with a lot of distros and package managers. With apt you have to use the --without-recommends flag.
I just reinstall my distro when changing DEs. Takes a little longer but you don't get dependency hell.

Seriously, the last time you tried KDE was KDE 4?
Plasma 5 is radically different.

Gnome: Ugly by default AND you can't rice it. Front-end written in spaghetti javascript. Rotten performance.
KDE: Meh by default but has 10x as many options. 1/3 of the setting options are deprecated or conflict with another. Written entirely in C++.

They said he raped a woman in an elevator, or it might have been a different atheist, I don't remember, whatever it was it was probably fake, you can't trust atheists, faggots, trannies, and reddit scientists

Using GNOME right now desu and the only bad thing I can find from it is the godawful file manager. I can still use thunar and dolphin, but the filepicker is still shit and for some reason, dolphin doesn't display some folder thumbnails.

kubuntu is hit or miss. It was shit at the start of 2018 and got better by the end.

>kde
>Meh by default
That's not good
It should be good by default
Or at worse, bare by default like Xfce
Meh by default is bad
>but has 10x as many options.
Great, more buggy options that give the illusion that some magic combination of options will eventually work
This is stupid, and the reason why KDE is shit and gives a noob broken vibe
The perfect balance between options and customisability is Xfce
That's why Xfce is rock solid and aesthetic
>1/3 of the setting options are deprecated or conflict with another.
There, complete shit
>Written entirely in C++
That's barely better than being written in C
In fact no, I prefer C like Xfce

The DE is one of the most important parts of your computing experience and should be prioritized.

KDE Neon has the best DE experience of any distribution. Therefore, install KDE Neon.

Is this Neil DeGrasse Tyson? LoL

kde is so great

Attached: this feel.png (230x235, 39K)

Don't worry buddy, I got you

Attached: 1542285945407.webm (1280x720, 1.32M)

I didn't even mention xfeces and neither did the guy before me.
Bare-bones isn't much better than "meh" OOTB. You have to spend equal amounts of time configuring your setup.
>Great, more buggy options that give the illusion that some magic combination of options will eventually work
>There, complete shit
You just have to think a little. You shouldn't try to rice your desktop all at once.
>This is stupid, and the reason why KDE is shit and gives a noob broken vibe
>noob broken vibe
Most people don't know how to customize their desktop. Just dismiss every "riced" KDE desktop you see that still has widgets unlocked.

>The perfect balance between options and customisability is Xfce
>That's why Xfce is rock solid and aesthetic
For how long? You guys are going to be playing catch-up with the whims of the gtk/gnome devs til you're deprecated.

Op here. Holyshit I thought the thread would be dead by now.
Anyway I'm torn between kde neon and kubuntu. I mean like kubuntu is more official right? and has better support from canonical I would assume meanwhile neon is unofficial.
Idk I'm pretty confused and all this linux user infighting whenever I try to get some information is pretty frustrating too

kde looks like THAT?

Neon is being developed by KDE devs. They say that it's meant to only be a KDE testbench.
I tried Kubuntu 18.10 for 20 minutes last week. It has better defaults than Neon IMO. But the only core difference is the version of Ubuntu that they're based on.

He's a typical fan boy trying to paint kde in the worst possible light so he feels like he's worn the argument

Attached: CjpwhpkUkAEugLb-1.jpg (549x634, 35K)

>better code quality and performance
Nice bait made me reply

KDE is official by KDE

DE is bloat

There's kubuntu 18.04 too so there isn't much of a difference in the version I think. I think I'll go with the official kubuntu 18.04 , I'm still a Linux noob, been using Linux for a few months and it seems like the better option.
Also I tried customising regular ubuntu gnome de to look more like Windows and i just gave up and decided to go with kde

My only issue with xfce is you HAVE to rice it. Default xfce is butt ugly.

I'm looking for official noob friendly ubuntu kde variants. Not regular kde variants.

Neon = rolling release KDE on top of Ubtuntu LTS
Kubuntu = Ubuntu LTS that happens to use KDE
If you want the latest and great KDE, Neon is the better choice. That said, it is a much more minimal distro than Kubuntu, and requires the user to manually add stuff that is already present in Kubuntu (like qapt-utils).

Why not both? Peppermint uses the LXDE session manager with XFCE panel and window manager. It’s breddy gud

nigger

Tbh all I want is ubuntu with a kde environment. Since that's the distro I'm most familiar with rn.

>kde
>"""performance"""

Go back to /b/

use Neon it’s great

Compared to gnome, kde is better when it comes to performance

Is neon Gonna be supported for 3yrs like kubuntu?

both are shit

can we customise trackpad gesture on kde to make it like macos ?
If so I would switch instantly I cannot figure out how to do it on gnome

incredibly based and redpilled

Yes

Yes in the KDE settings

Hmm Wikipedia

Attached: wikihmmmmm.jpg (1080x786, 232K)

Another reason why I'm abandoning gnome

>pkcon refresh && pkcon update
wow that was hard

Gnome has this great thing called GSettings. You change a setting and it is immediately available in all applications that subscribed to changes of that setting. No need to press apply or okay after every change. I like KDE but everytime I open a window in KDE the content is too big and scrollbars are shown. In KDE you always have to resize everything manually so that the content fits.

I think that's a non issue in kubuntu