Why is this piece of shit still included in windows?

Why is this piece of shit still included in windows?

Attached: Internet_Explorer_9_icon.svg.png (1024x1024, 217K)

Legacy support.

Legacy support for what? Broken web standards?

Yes

Many organizations have large infrastructures based on old technologies that might even require millions of dollars to replace. It isn't rational to abandon old systems in every case. One of the biggest values of Windows is backwards compatibility going back decades. I wouldn't expect you to understand that, since you only use your web browser to shitpost on 4channel.

You have no idea how much of this world runs on legacy, user.

Why did they choose to build on top of intentionally broken nonstandard technologies in the first place?

a lot of custom kiosk systems run on IE. world doesn't upgrade in a day

Vendor lockin. Industry support. Marketshare. Mindshare. Ignorance. Convenience.

>intentionally
>broken
>nonstandard
wat

Because I would need to update my wagie cagies .net webapp if it didn't and I hate working

League of legends needs IE otherwise you can't access the shop.

Pen testing

Because it has become an integral part of windows' internals. It's probably a huge risk/cluster fuck to remove.

kek is this actually true

at my company we only need to support ie11

It was for their old launcher. Even if you prevent IE from setting cookies in the Windows settings it'd essentially kill half the launcher since you couldn't access their shop and a few other sections in the launcher.

Because corporate updates websites once every few decades.

because its literally faster than chrome and firefox and i'm not even trolling, faggot.

It's been embedded into the Windows OS since Windows 98 (2000 for NT) and it's too troublesome for Microsoft to remove it. Also, since it's been so tightly embedded, many legacy applications use the IE backbone for internet access.

Micosoft say it’s offically for legacy web apps and “not a browser” anymore. That’s why they are porting Chrome Edge to older Windows.

Now we need to get schools, libraries, normies off of IE.

Path dependence the same reason people have to stick up with inferior dvds or stupid layouts on keyboards

How would you dl your favorite web browser on a fresh install nigger?
Do you happen to have an old floppy with netscape around?

>That’s why they are porting Chrome Edge to older Windows.
Why do they even bother? Chrome won.

It should be called Intranet Explorer because that's what it was actually made for. It's a very misunderstood program, and most people ITT are making assumptions about why it exists and works the way it does. Microsoft primarily makes their stuff for businesses running all the Active Directory and Windows Server shit. That's why it's still included in windows and why it's not suitable for most people's needs.

For people who think the "Blue E" is the internet.

This

Attached: IE.jpg (568x124, 20K)

>That’s why they are porting Chrome Edge to older Windows.
Why would they bother with that though? Windows 7 is nearing EOL, and barely anyone uses 8.1 anyways.