How do I make a living if all I know is LaTeX and to a lesser extent ""C""(I can't do anything on c at all)...

How do I make a living if all I know is LaTeX and to a lesser extent ""C""(I can't do anything on c at all) ? I'm against academia

I have a worthless degree if that helps

Attached: hodaka_yoshida_4.jpg (1477x1000, 320K)

Other urls found in this thread:

writethedocs.org/)
techwhirl.com/)
reddit.com/r/technicalwriting/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you Luke Smith by any chance?

There are a lot of jobs that do not require extreme technical skills:

>Would you like fries with that?
>Welcome Mr. Jones. Uber says you are going to the bank.
>Sit down on the couch, ma'am. Tell me about your father.
>"Top 10 Things To Do With Leftover Lemons. Number 6 Will Shock You!" - By OP

Alternatively, you can get a better degree. Or work on your C.

Can I get paid for my latex skills? I just need to be livable (`$25k a year)
>work on your c
I really don't like programming and I can't even struggle through it with a goal in mind because I can't on moral principle support technology by working in it. My degree is computer science and I took exclusively theory classes and even then I basically forgot all of algorithms and programming at this point

>Can I get paid for my latex skills?
Let me put it to you this way: A handful of people make a living doing makeup videos on Youtube. The other 99.9999% have to get real jobs.

being against academia is a poor excuse for being against your own education
learn to program, knowledge of specific programming is mostly irrelevant
for example: knowledge of LaTeX is worthless if you have nothing worth writing

>Sit down on the couch, ma'am. Tell me about your father.
This sounds like a nice job but doesn't it require a degree?

bump
I too have a computer science degree and I can't find a job

Try flipping burgers.

Learn more C

Attached: 1547601084872.png (376x341, 102K)

Based

>I'm against academia
Do elaborate.

i'm an eastern european mid-late20s cs/math-let uni dropout neet loser who lives with his mom and has benzos addiction, scrambled together self-tought /gd/ & /wdg/ questionable skills and i'm self-loathing myself here about not having enough nerve to go through basic 3 year fully taxpayer-cripplebucks-sponsored CS college course routine to learn algorithms, linear algebra, computer logic and all that shit to become some sort of *nix kernel / embedd systems dev wizard, while i can get cozy codemonkey/designer job in 2 weeks when i have to, while burgers have pushed themselves through intense 4 years mental hell in college/university with pajeet/chink tutors and still can't do shit afterwards. i dunno. is education in the 'prestinge western universities' really that much of a scam?

Maybe a technical documentation job? You might not find one requiring LaTeX skills specifically, but there are many places that use XML-based document preparation systems like Docbook, DITA or S1000D, and your LaTeX knowledge will put you well ahead of most people that have only used Microsoft Word.

For example, when I got a job in aerospace managing documentation, I had never heard of S1000D before, but I had used LaTeX throughout university, and the process wasn't all that different. You still write a source document with markup (XML) instead of a WYSIWYG editor, and then compile it to an output format (XSL) such as PDF.

Not OP, I'm a southern European, university isn't that bad, I liked the stuff I learned there and I ignored the rampant marxism there. But if you have serious lack of self esteem, self faith and confidence issues then university is mostly a meme. I have skills and knowledge but it's hard for me to advertise them and nobody believes I know what I know. I'm also very bad at socializing so I always end up being the weird creep of the group. I'm a virgin too if this wasn't obvious and I live with my parents still

I didn't mean it like that . I posted this before and people told me to just be a professor or something.
How can I direct myself towards that ? All I have is a CS degree and LaTeX knowledge .

After studying it for so long I think I'm qualified to say I hate programming and hate modern technological "development". But maybe my cs degree is a misnomer because of the theory focused path I took. I guess I'm more of a logic major / mathish person

Anyway. I've tried many times and couldn't really figure out programming. Most likely because I had zero desire to. I don't even desire a high salary or any garbage like that. I used C when programming was required and kind of used C for a final project research thing but overall I think I'm done

>How can I direct myself towards that ? All I have is a CS degree and LaTeX knowledge .
That's exactly what I had, although I also had more experience with various programming language and programming projects to show.

If you're not super in to programming, you might want to look more in to the technical writer/technical communicator side of things, managing documentation for software or hardware systems, which requires some knowledge of programming without actually requiring you to do any. Then you just want to look for job listings that emphasize "XML knowledge" more so than Microsoft Word.

There's communities of technical writers like WriteTheDocs (writethedocs.org/) or TechWhirl (techwhirl.com/) and there's a technical writing subreddit: reddit.com/r/technicalwriting/

>I'm against academia
>I have a worthless degree if that helps

hahaha omg what an entitled pos

??

You need a degree to be a psychiatrist so you can write prescriptions, but you dont need a license/degree to be a psychologist. You just wont be writing scripts

You're the same retard who was asking about using latex as a general purpose language, right? Just become a technical writer, like the other user suggested.

Nah I don't think that's me

>he has a cs degree
>purposely chose not to learn shit
Your fault, I'm a chemical engineer with a minor in cs and yet I'm getting thrown jobs left and right for data analysis. Just review your notes and apply for a job

Did you even read my thread

I don't like academia either, shit anime

What

Yes. CS is a useful degree

user I'm pretty unable to do that.

You know the math and data structures assumingly. Just stop using C and use a language like Python or Java

user. No. I don't know shit.

No videos or blog post in more than a week. Is he dead?

Yes

University in the West, Mitch like everything else, has become a way to suck money out of people. They over saturate markets with skilled labour because they don't care about your prospects after you've paid for your education. Thus having a degree in itself isn't worth a shit anymore.

I hope so