Make it clear that all types of ad blockers, bots and fraudulent streaming activities are not permitted...

>make it clear that all types of ad blockers, bots and fraudulent streaming activities are not permitted. Accounts that use ad blockers in Spotify face immediate suspension or termination under the new terms of service, which go into effect on March 1.

Good fucking luck with that one. From a marketing perspective that's like punching yourself in the dick because your balls itch.

Reminder to backup your playlists if you're on there.

Attached: hurr.png (800x240, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19113960
youtube.com/watch?v=tdtGo2Ib9oI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using spotify
why? most music isn't even there

Slippery slope. Soon you won't be able to quieten down or mute ads, then they'll add some kind of captcha/commercial hybrid to make sure you're watching/listening to it.

The fallout from false positives and false ... false positives will be interesting to watch.

Or something more effective like tracking eye movement. Got distracted and looked away? Don't worry, we'll replay the ad from the beginning!

Thank God I use Apple Music. Don't have to worry about problems like this.

Nigger spotted

Attached: B9A6B28D-41CF-48D8-AEE3-C83CF97B5018.jpg (1059x986, 137K)

Attached: 1547805518742.jpg (103x131, 4K)

I use Spotify to check new music, and use RED to download it if it's any good.

Good.

Spotify has a pretty cheap paid option that removes all of that. To those who justify wanting the paid service for nothing by saying Spotify won't "take responsibility" or "assume liability" for their ads or those ads "might deliver malware" or are "intrusive" as a weak rationalization, you present a false dichotomy. There are at least three options:

1. Pay for the service

2. Suffer through the ads

3. Don't use the service

This thread is an object lesson in why basically every large service on the Internet is ad-supported. When people aren't willing to pay for 1-2 coffees for a month of unlimited music streaming are you really surprised that companies have no choice to use an advertising revenue model?

>posting a comment from hackernews

>news.ycombinator.com/item?id=19113960

>posting a 1:1 unironic comment from hacker news as good tier bait
lol this shit writes itself

sucks to be a poorfag, i get premium for free from my ISP

I honestly don't know what I'd do without HN. I start every day now with a morning review of tech SJW postings in order to build my rage levels high enough to get out of bed.

Time to ditch music streaming in favor of owning the music you listen to.
What programs do you use for your music Jow Forums? What would you recommend to people to help them build and organize their own collection easily? I use pic related + mp3tag + smloadr

Attached: 1200px-Foobar2000_logo_2014.png (1200x1583, 107K)

>What programs do you use for your music Jow Forums?
Spotify because i'm not autistic.

>time to ditch
shut up nerd, don't act like you even come near something as social as spotify. your autismal mp3 collection is going to impress anyone itt lmao

>People actually pay to listen to music
Lmao just make your own music you literal iq20 niggers

Attached: 1548189115072.png (420x420, 31K)

>iPhone filename
oh the irony

kek, dumb itoddler poster

>spotify files for bankruptcy after being sued for breaching privacy laws
Should be insta-death for anyone caught snooping on what users are running on their systems.
If these companies have a problem, they can behave like normal businesses. Put a price on your product, sell it to your users.
Fuck the ad industry.

get cucked proprietary fags

>oh no i can't freeload a service anymore
grow up

> Actually wasting time to make your own music.
I am just constantly composing new music in my head.
No need to make music, when what is in my head is perfectly satisfactory and unlike anything you could ever dream of.
But I guess if you lack the intellect, you have to actually play your primitive thoughts.

kek

>HN
I got a comment of mine hidden in that thread today (I still can see it in my profile page).

What a bunch of literal fags

only dumb zoomers use this shit

perfect FLACS only + riced up foobar with 300 plugins

Attached: google_play_music_logo.png (2000x2000, 83K)

thank god i use youtube-dl and piratebay

Attached: 1549594057862.jpg (1000x800, 85K)

They don't give a shit about free tier.
Maybe investors are finally tired of ten years no profit.

Dead

based

Attached: 1548358981266.png (596x799, 661K)

Why not use Deezer then? Music collection is mostly similar if not marginally bigger, and the interface is much more intuitive for me. The only thing that sucks is the lack of dark theme, for now

ADVERTISING IS FALSE FLAG
Who would pay for that shit?
youtube.com/watch?v=tdtGo2Ib9oI

Attached: zappa.jpg (636x421, 54K)

>Spotify is a swedish company

makes sense

good i hope this crashes these homos they pay nothing to artists

wait
so if i log and and use the spotify player in my browser (which has an adblocker), my accoutn will automatically be suspended/terminated?

lol idgaf, the last time i used normify was about 4 years ago desu

i pay for spotify lmao

i make new accounts every month and use privacy.com to generate credit cards for unlimited spotify premium

(You)
Did anyone ask you?

Just switch your VPN to a country that doesnt have spotify

Will it affect those who are blocking via hosts file? Cuz how are they gonna find out who's blocking the ads on local networking level.

If most your music "isn't there" then it's because your a degenerate NEET who listens only to anime OSTs

If you use Spotify you are getting exactly what you deserve.
>stream music as a service
>company fucks you over
Wow who could have guessed

Huh, so that's why I don't have ads.

Hmm, I pay for spotify premium, but I use a system wide adblocker on my phone. Could I be subject to a ban? If so, that's retarded, since the whole point of premium is no ads, and they're just losing a paying customer that way.

Attached: 1501631622001.png (741x568, 29K)

Oh no people who don't pay for the service and use ad blockers thereby decreasing the revenue I generate per ad are mad, what will I ever do?

Attached: ccc.png (431x450, 321K)

as much as lastfm is dead, I find it's algorythms for finding similar new stuff eons forward compared to shittify

They probably don't give a fuck and are doing this for placebo effect

>From a marketing perspective that's like punching yourself in the dick because your balls itch.
Ad blocking users are nothing of value.

>youtube-dl

SMLoadr my guy. do yourself a favor.

I get you, I didn't mean to discover new music, but check out recommended music from other places. I also think their algorithm is not ready yet.

>Having a camera plugged in ever
?

Attached: 1529962367799.png (569x802, 794K)

>SMLoadr
>Currently only Deezer is supported

nah you a faggot

>open up youtube
>type music you wanna listen
>????
>profit

if your gonna stream music anyway why the fuck would you pay?

yeah they will stop adblockeds just how they will stop piracy

spoilers: they can't do shit

lol mobile phoneless faggot. we all listen to music while commuting, and have a life outside. youtube doesn't even support background playback.

>youtube doesn't even support background playback

spot the iphone fag

Pretty sure this only applies to cracked versions of the Spotify app.
Not sure how they enforce this against host files and browser adblock.

Couldn't careless. I pay the service since it's cheap as hell.

Attached: 1540177353050.png (203x199, 24K)

>Not damaging your Temporal love so you can always listen to that high frequency screech as music 24/7

>He doesn't know
Lmfao

This thread again.
>Bad quality
>Jewish company
>Incomplete library
>Renting music
Why do you support them?

Attached: a7c772a26.jpg (564x460, 27K)

>check spotify
>not a single of my weeb songs is on there

wew

the quality of the sound is fucking terrible on spotify. though their playlists are good. if you know what you want to listen to use TIDAL

Apple Music isn't bad but you have to use terrible Itunes and it is dogshit on android.

>t. non premium
sounds fine fag