Is openbsd good ?

Is openbsd good ?

Attached: 1537539913576.png (800x689, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/report-of-fbi-back-door-roils-openbsd-community/
marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129296046123471&w=2
youtube.com/watch?v=CbofrUzYpOE
twitter.com/blakkheim
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes sir

Depends on what you need, but yeah it's definitely good.

use trueos

no, it's unix

>being this retarded

yeah i like it a lot. battery management is shit but i think apm-c should fix that

you cant spell based without BSD

used it once, no comments

Bsd in general is very nice

Been using it for years. Stable as a rock, not for gaymers.

Who's hand does that belong to

Is it true BSD utilities lack functionalities?
Is it true most BSD are not POSIX compliant?
Is it true it was denounced OpenBSD is backdoored by the FBI since years now?
Is it true big companies astroturf BSD license on the Internet?
Is it true BSD license is sponsored by companies to suck dry developers of their work?
Is it true BSD has shit hardware support?
Is it true BSD community advice buying a whole different machine because has shit hardware support?

Attached: bsd rationalization.png (507x692, 93K)

no
no
no
partially
no
partially
what

Not really. I can see it being useful for servers where security is primary. Debian is generally considers to be highly secure for servers but maybe OpenBSD can beat that? Why don't more server operators use OpenBSD? Is it because it's a jungle out there and academic, experimental projects like OpenBSD simply don't work in real work applications?

Are there different flavours of BSD that don't suffer the fatal flaw of simply being unused, unmaintained, academic, experimental bollocks? Can i actually use this shit to run a server?

Attached: 7235878e276853c952714a10596452a72bd5b3155c30b9193466c32c6cbad34a.png (643x537, 231K)

Why you lie cnet.com/news/report-of-fbi-back-door-roils-openbsd-community/

when are you going to stop posting this

you can't run 32bit applications on 64bit machine, so no.
there are 0 advantages over linux if you're a freetard. also even shittier hardware support.

For servers is good, for desktop I would never use it.

It's chaotic good.

>For servers is good, for desktop I would never use it.
It's funny because almost the opposite is true.

OpenBSD is great for firewall as long as you're not an ISP needing to to TB/s.
OpenBSD is great to learn UNIX.
And it's actually one of the nicest desktop *nix.

It's also fine for small servers, which I think is fine for 95% of people. It doesn't scale very well though and it has an old file system. I would not use it as a database server, for example.

To me it lives in the same plan as FreeDOS, ReactOS (trying to build the best Windows 2000 ever developed) or Haiku (trying to build the best BeOS ever developed). OpenBSD tries to be the very best UNIX with a 90s design.

The only case I'd consider using it is on a server where maximum security is essential, as said.
For every other scenario, it has pretty much nothing to offer over Linux in practice. It doesn't have as much hardware/software support and runs slower (the latter being however justified by focusing on security rather than performance).
>b-but the c-coc
Stop throwing autistic tantrums. Who gives a shit.
As of now, it still hasn't noticeably impacted the codebase, in practice. There is of course the possibility that it will in the future, but there is no reason to cripple yourself by using functionally inferior alternatives until then.
I won't switch to OpenBSD until that happens and it starts offering practical advantages over Linux on a workstation.

To be fair I've only tried it once and it was long time ago. I remember the lack of software ported for it being one of the main drawbacks for me to use it daily.
>And it's actually one of the nicest desktop *nix.
How is better than Free/NetBSD?
>It's also fine for small servers, which I think is fine for 95% of people. It doesn't scale very well though and it has an old file system. I would not use it as a database server, for example.
I agree with that, I would use it for a small web or file sharing server.

NetBSD really showed off with the sanitizers support desu. Sad that OpenBSD is so behind in this.

what 32-bit applications are you using that aren't proprietary shit?

Out of curiosity, what software was missing that you cared about?

At that time I was playing video games quite often, so Wine was a must for me.
Other than that, Virtualbox which it was the only virtualisation software I knew how to use.

Why do you ignore the parts that matter?
marc.info/?l=openbsd-tech&m=129296046123471&w=2
Also
>After De Raadt stated his disapproval of the U.S.-ledinvasion of Iraqin an April, 2003interview[10]withToronto'sGlobe and Mail, a multi-million-dollarUS Department of Defensegrant to theUniversity of Pennsylvania'sPOSSE projectwas cancelled, effectively ending the project

I don't really know what Docker is but all the answers in pic related are true

kek, that's my post from a couple years ago

>How is better than Free/NetBSD?
It's not even a contest.
To start with, almost all FreeBSD developers use macOS...
FreeBSD is pure server, OpenBSD is more general purpose. It doesn't have a lot of stuff, but what it has works out of the box, because OpenBSD developers ONLY use OpenBSD for EVERYTHING (it's like a cult in this regard).

BaSeD

It is not Unix. Why do so many retards think this?

There is at least one ISP that uses openbsd

youtube.com/watch?v=CbofrUzYpOE

They are cool I registered my domain with them a couple of weeks ago.

No. Grow up and stop trying to be a unique snowflake.

>literally has BSD in the name
>brainlets still think it's somehow Unix

It's UNIX you fucking imbecile

Yes

Attached: virginFreeBSDdev-VS-CHADopenBSDdev.png (1105x968, 311K)

Can you watch anime on OpenBSD?

Yes

I saw many users on the OpenBSD telegram group chat who watch anime, and there is also a developer (probably not the only one) who watches anime.

twitter.com/blakkheim

Attached: its_unix.png (698x365, 451K)

Can someone answer me?

Thats actually a red flag.

I'll be trying it out then. Seems like a better OS for watching anime than FreeBSD for now.

Stopped where he claimed untrusted java binaries. Like this shit can run anything else than openjdk. Also surviving a DoS with linux was a challenge for him. Maybe he is just too retarded for set up a linux box, or simply wanted advertize their shitty service for bsd fanbois with overused urban legends.

Osomatsu-san is a recommended title for BSD people.

>Is openbsd good ?
I haven't tried it so idk but lincucks seem to hate it, so its probably good.

Holy shit, that thread is full of COC-defending nu-males. Anyway, here's the pic.

Attached: IMG_20190209_162447.jpg (2518x1024, 274K)

It's sad that OpenBSD hasn't ejected the cucks in their ranks (afresh1, phessler, probably others). At least daddy Theo keeps them in line.

Attached: bsd_3.jpg (492x600, 31K)

Unix-like != Unix.

didn't work one my hardware

Unix-Like. Just like Linux you autistic /b/tard go back to /b/

>mfw i am actual op and based.

pc. 64 bit encryption engaged and he still sucks.

out.

This. After a 5 minute install you have a fully functional workstation with working X, audio, login manager, etc. Just install your favorite WM/DE from packages and get to work.

I like it a lot so far, seems like a true right-wing operating system. The whole installation process and getting to my basic setup was one of the best I've seen so far. doas is pretty cool too.

Attached: 2019-02-10-003813_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 185K)

The fuck it's not. There are two flavors of Unix, System V and BSD. It literally is Unix, you goddamn simpleton.