Whats the best ide?

Whats the best ide?

Attached: [email protected] (1220x390, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slickedit.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nano.

My chalkboard

I mean, for real projects not jus fizzbuzz

awk it is then.

qtcreator

IDEs are bloat. Avoid them

any modal editors.
Ever since i switched to vim i cant even imagine what its like having to take your hand off the keyboard to use the arrow keys or the mouse. Must be annoying as fuck

Keyboard puritans think they're faster without a mouse because they're delusional.

i can tell youve never tried it.
Its also not just about the extra speed, its much more comfortable too.

In terms of providing a complete, powerful development environment, Visual Studio. It's the only thing Microsoft has gotten right on the developer-ecosystem front. I'm not a big IDE user, personally, and a handful of my coworkers aren't either, but others use stuff like Eclipse and VS.

I can't stand modal editors personally. I prefer an editor that stays out of the way for the most part- one where I can write code without putting thought into the editing environment itself. My current editor of choice is a version of Sam that I tweaked a bit.

acme or vi and shell

fuck off

no matter what IDE I use I always end up using notepad++ again, I can't stand it but IDE are such shit text editors and that's where i spend 90% of my time

notepad++

intellij

I'm a professional working in a corporate company.
From my experience it largely depends on what you want to achieve. Visual Studio has by far the best debugger I've ever worked with. Its integrated graphics debugger and ability to step backwards in code as well as changing stack/heap variables *during* the step-debugging is unparallel. But the thing is bloaty as fuck so if you don't care much about hard disk space you can use that. But there's also the fact that it's MS-Windows so the fact you can't do UNIX programming effectively also sucks donkey balls.
There's JetBrains Pycharm IDE which is actually pretty good for JAVA, CSS, and HTML too. Their debugger is really great but not on the level of Visual Studio. It has an intellisense-like feature that is pretty solid.
There's also Eclipse. Eclipse is good for just about anything, but it excels in Java. In my opinion it beats Netbeans but only if you want large projects. If you are going professional with that I think you're best off with the Enterprise Environment edition. The Oracle release is pretty good for that but just make sure to change the JRE/JDK to OpenJDK because Oracle has this nasty thing where they will bill you if you use their distribution of Java to release your programs in products.
There's also things like QT but I've never tried it.
VIM+GCC+Make is a joke. It's viable if you *must* do remote development but proper IDEs like Pycharm and VS have a remote development feature where you can use SSH to to develop remotely (with intellisense and step-debugging and all).

This

The one you have with you :^)

How common is windows in professional environment?

Light Table

i like netbeans but i haven't looked into its plugins. it seems that eclipse is better because of the plugins alone. i'm fucking around with python and java (android) and having a single ide for both would be quite nice.

Please elaborate on how vim + gcc is a joke.
Vim (or any modal editor) is literally better in every way when it comes to writing code vs traditional text style editing with the mouse.

Ofc big IDE's like VS have pretty nice debuggers but you can always write your code in vim and debug in VS.

intellij if it's made for your language
VSCode otherwise

Sadly this

Emacs, it even comes with its own operating system

>IDE
aka I dont know how to program and I need my mommys hand to guide me through the libraries Im not familiar with.
Fuck you

Not him but things like lightning fast code completion(project wide) and cleanup. Plus really good git mergetools and the like just make it outrank vim by such a massive amount.
This is coming from a sysadmin who exclusively used Vim, but felt like it just couldnt keep up with big IDEs in a group setting.
Also note that most big IDEs have full Vim keybindings (or like 90%) which make them a breeze to use.

notepad++

To add on to that, people here who say things like: have just never worked in a code base where someone else than you have written code. You need code completion when working with classes someone else has written if you dont want to waste a massive amount of time.
Also YouCompleteMe and Syntastic for Vim are cool and Ive used them alot. But when the projects get big, or use a language that YCM doesnt fully support (think Java for writing a REST API) it just gets clogged down to a halt.

When working with CLion (C/C++) IDE theres just nothing like hitting create class, where the IDE creates a boilerplate .cpp, .hpp and adds both in the CMakeLists.txt.
Hitting refactor where you have a method name and it searching the ENTIRE PROJECT for thát method and changes them too. Not to mention doing package/directory level refactors where it just changes the include or imports in all the files needed.
Stuff like that just saves so much time, and after having done it manually for about a 100 times Id be sick and tired of continually doing that process over and over again.

>My programs consists only of a main function and the stdio library, the post

visual studio
c++ builder/RAD studio

i like codeblocks

emacs
fuc off pleb

pleb detected

IBM RAD

geany

I have to agree with these user 100%. I used to program mostly in Vim but PyCharm got me into using an actual IDE several years ago. I pretty much use Python and CLion with IdeaVim enabled for all my programming. I typically just use Vim for things like configuration files.

jetbrains ide

SlickEdit
slickedit.com

Its as full features as MSVS
it began in the 80s, so it has strong pedigree

costs only $100, buy once and own it, not $100-$300/per year like JetBrains shit

PyCharm.

I'm also considering using CLion, because Jetbrains IDEs are great, but I don't want to pay for it, nor use a closed-source IDE for when I work on the Linux kernel.

>RAD studio

All the features it has are now available in Jetbrains IDEs, or *shudder* Visual Studio

Does ide stand for intelligent Desktop Environment? I think it's gnome

>mass-reply
Rope yourself, dumbass.

jetbrains IDEs with vim plugins is best of both words, other IDEs has shity vim emulation, but theirs is pretty good

C/C++:
- CLion (paid, unfortunately)
- KDevelop
Everything else:
- IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition
- KDevelop

Vim plug in for VsCode(not an IDE but...)is great too.

I've been using netbeans because that's what came pre installed in the development environment at work.
It gets the job done.