C# is so fucking beautiful and consistent

c# is so fucking beautiful and consistent

Attached: csharp-e7b8fcd4ce.png (512x512, 13K)

I prefer Java

Pajeet

ShitOpinionFactoryBeanBuilder2 shitOpinionFactoryBeanBuilder2 = new ShitOpinionFactoryBeanBuilder2("I prefer Java");

Attached: 1531216967598.png (118x188, 36K)

I don't. Also, Oracle is actually a worse master for Java than Microsoft is for C#. I feel dirty for saying that, but it's true.

There is not a single person in the world who actually used both Java and C# and prefers Java as a language, except for fanatical haters of Microsoft who somehow don't hate Oracle.

C# is hella comfy
Visual Studio is fat but fun in bed
Microsoft is a cool daddy that stopped drinking and beating me with a belt

Visual Studio needs a bit of lube called ReSharper.

I do

Attached: 1548897321647.png (489x424, 129K)

what version is it now, 9, 10? It's gonna implode on it self soon.

I mostly have worked with c#. I am not learning how to do android apps. And I just want to say that I miss Visual Studio.

>consistent

spot the consistency problem

~~~
public static IEnumerable Fibonacci()
{
while (true)
{
yield return await FibonacciAsync();
}
}
~~~

i thought visual studio was slow.. android studio makes visual studio look like the fastest thing ever.. android studio is also cluttered as fuck and unintuitive

1. Can't use await in a non-asynchronous method
2. Can't use yield in an asynchronous method

Although I'm not sure if this will be true after the introduction of IAsyncEnumerable in C# 8.

You are right, but so much for consistency. Async broke the language, since then it is garbage.

Also after working more with it I find the ecosystem and the runtime inferior to the java. (you can control execution of Promises/threads easier in java with several suitable threadpool implementations for example. Not to mention jvm remote debuggability, jmx. Try to debug a dotnet core app in a remote machine in docker)

The language would be more pleasant if not for the inconsistent half-implemented features.

Pathetic Java clone since the beginning

Only finds use in dull and uncreative corporate stacks (inb4 Unity, which only gets used by fake game developers)

>It's gonna implode on it self soon.

How terrible of them for adding performance features like Span and convenience features like record classes

Attached: 1532897808846.png (331x132, 40K)

Luckily Java is the peak of creativity :D For long Java was a synonym for stagnation...

Still Java is better in many aspects, but worse in others. Both are useful tools, not a dead horse like coding in C or C++ these days, or the JavaScript the kids play with nowadays.

Android studio was so bad I would prefer to use Xamarin.

more like it's ok and not a pile of shit unlike most other things because it was made by people with more than two braincells

From what I understand, .NET Core is the part that is cross-platform so what does that offer exactly compared to .NET Framework? And where does Mono fit in all of this?

Attached: 1522078695100.jpg (1290x1052, 155K)

>Only finds use in dull and uncreative corporate stacks
What kind of bizarro dimension do you live? Java is the COBOL of this millenium.

Lmao, C# developers interpreting my insults of C# as a defense of Java. No, you missed the part where I said they are the same shitty language.

>For long Java was a synonym for stagnation...
because java devs are waiting for C++/haskell to do things first so they can just leech the work
>Still Java is better in many aspects, but worse in others
good job, you just define what a tool is.
>Both are useful tools, not a dead horse like coding in C or C++ these days
because node and v8 are not written in C++ and your OS is not written in C.
because you can have higher-level tools that automagically map to asm instruction which are given by god to make our machines work by themselves.

kys

>Async broke the language, since then it is garbage.
Care to elaborate why?

do I really need to install the visual studio IDE? I thought installing dotnet and vs code is enough for webapps and simple programs