Okay, great! Now we only have one last question: who in the software industry do you look up to or aspire to be?

>Okay, great! Now we only have one last question: who in the software industry do you look up to or aspire to be?
>Ri-Richard Stallman and Terry A. Davis.
>...Interesting. Good, that's all we needed to know... We'll, *cough*, be in touch.

Attached: 83BAB2FC-1F92-4AC8-9740-E8F324F02B38.jpg (1600x1168, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

motherfuckingwebsite.com/
bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/
thebestmotherfucking.website/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cool thread bro, here's your attention.

Thanks, I worked hard on it.

>not even a (You)
wew lad

>l-linux techtipps

Surely you aren't implying that the Jow Forums sticky isn't a good source of professional inspiration.

>who do you look up to or aspire to be
>two people who are either eating toejam or are dead

>John Carmack

>Not just naming off Bell Labs guys like Dennis, Ken, Rob, Brian, and Bjarne

Well Jow Forums that's fine and dandy for what would be a non meme response? What would you (seriously) say?

Terry is just a meme but why wouldn't RMS be a legit good answer to this question?

Because is is a self righteous know it all

Terry A. Davis was the smartest programmer to ever live.

He wrote his own compiler

because linus torvalds is the better answer

Davis and Stallman both accomplished incredible feats of computing. Both wrote compilers, albeit Stallman's is the more widely used one. The issue with Davis is that he was rightfully afraid of luminescent African Americans who work at the Central Intelligence Agency. Stallman is a zealot who's website reflects GeoShitties 1.0 vomit and not the mind of a great thinker.

that's what websites should look like desu. Active content was a mistake.

Karlie Kloss

it's not just the look. he writes like a conspiracy theorist on too much acid and redbull. rms should've taken more english classes

Yeah but his conspiracy theories turn out to be right about four times out of five.

rms is right but he sucks at presenting information. bob woodward is much better at showing the NSA botnet and he's taken seriously in most circles.

>he sucks at presenting information
he's always a very eloquent speaker. People just make fun of him for his autistic quirks. You get to be autistic when your smart, accomplished, and right.

John Backus. But never mind that, sounds like a HR faggot needs a good shanking. Lemme get my knife.

>>Ri-Richard Stallman and Terry A. Davis.
You must have single digit IQ to say that.

Linus Torvalds... before he cucked. I strive for quality at all costs, even if a couple of people need to be yelled at, because GODDAMMIT STOP SPAMMING THE NEW OPERATOR EVERYWHERE.

To be fair, both were exceptionally good programmers, especially RMS.
Not a wise choice regardless, but I think that you should at least recognize the accomplishments that RMS made as a developer. And even in regard to his FOSS advocacy which is pretty nutcase-tier, someone of his status and ability had to do it, and his work is actually quite influential and important.

I aspire to be like Papa Jeff

Attached: whoops.jpg (1200x800, 68K)

Lennart Poettering of course

"I want to sell products as well as Steve Jobs"
What they think:
"Ah, he's like most people. I too love apple products."
What I mean:
"His rhetorics contend Hitler's"

billiam wates

this

I too like Linus Torvalds youtube channel

Sebastian Linus, creator of Linux operating system

Attached: 1545600614650.jpg (853x960, 192K)

Should have just said Steve Jobs then sucked off the recruiter to seal the deal.

Attached: 1425101038604.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

what's the correct answer here

Bill Wozniak
Signals you're happy to let the company take all the credit for your work

>Stallman is a zealot who's website reflects GeoShitties 1.0 vomit
motherfuckingwebsite.com/

>who in the software industry do you look up to or aspire to be?
Lennart poettering

Are you fucking kidding me?

Attached: 1536010750238.png (809x303, 72K)

okay, this got ridiculous - both motherfuckingwebsite.com/ and bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/ have analytics, and thebestmotherfucking.website/ has some other third-party script (as well as google fonts).

That third party script in thebesrmotherfucking.website is also analytics, just not by Google.