The death of Windows

Seriously, Microsoft must be putting a lot of money on marketing to stay afloat
>inb4 autosage this thread too

Attached: Windows_Sucks.jpg (233x280, 14K)

All professionals in 99.9999% fields use Windows. Stop fantasizing, OP

>All professionals in 99.9999% fields use Windows
Who is fantasizing again?

Let's play a game. Name 10 professions that require Linux and not Windows. I'll wait

5 different servers
5 different supercomputers

Wow, what an answer. Meanwhile, I can name any random profession of the top of my head and 99 times out of 100 each and every individual working in it uses Windows.

CERN jobs
HPC professionals
NASA
High frequency trading
WallStreet stock motherfuckers
Automation and robot builders
Big pharma chemists
System administration (because fuck you)
Scientists working with supercomputers
Google motherfuckers
Fuck you fuck you fuck you

Attached: 1459369395593.png (1366x768, 657K)

Is Google professional ?

Imagine being this delusional. I'm starting to think that Jow Forums is more retarded than /v/.

Can you prove all of those use windows? No? I though so.

Attached: 1510339516086.jpg (267x297, 13K)

Physicist
Astronomer
System administration
Engineer
Biologist
Mathmetician
Chemist
Security analyst
Driver programmer
CIA Nigger

Linux doesn't exist and mac is only the influx of people who got into tech for the money.

Attached: Trippy.gif (540x750, 1.94M)

>NASA
Lies. 99% of their computers use Windows, lol

Hey, a reply with a random pic. That'll show them Mr dubsman!

>99% of their computers use Windows
Can you prove that honey? I call bullshit on your statement

Attached: Space_Station_office.jpg (4288x2844, 2.37M)

I get tired of looking for pictures sometimes.

Attached: annina.jpg (666x1168, 123K)

Is that CDE on the thinkpad? Based Linux

Delete this post right now or I'll be forced to report you.

Linux users get more delusional by the minute.
How many times did we have Year of the Linux....?

Like three or four times this decade (at least), Windows on the other hand is going down

Attached: 1486275780382.png (209x450, 51K)

Well, I just got GPU passthrough working on Gentoo, so for me it is this year.

>Linux users having to study quantum physics in order to play games without tearing
Can't make this shit up

Attached: windows-10-mascot-720x720.jpg (720x479, 50K)

lol delusional

All of which probably only use Linux in very specialized circumstances and the majority of staff uses Windows anyway

Is linus as in "Linus the youtuber" could so can you

>SUCK IT WINTARDS I PLAY GAMES OF THE LAST DECADE WHAT DO YOU SAY ABOUT THAT HUH

>installing Steam is hard

Attached: 1438640288555.jpg (400x400, 84K)

Linux is so great you can't even run binaries between two systems, you have to go with flatpack or some gay shit to even remain consistent within the ecosystem.

based penguin in space

Well, I get more FPS in Linux and the same FPS in windows only games in the VM, so it was well worth the ~5 hours it took.
There are easy to follow guides, give it a try.

>can't even run binaries between two systems
But you can?

Must be why flatpack is so popular

he's not wrong. binary compatibility is shit between distributions.
im hoping for systemd to solve it by becoming the defacto system space.

Nah, that solves a problem similar to missing DLLs on wangblows

Attached: 1461126328240.jpg (848x960, 59K)

Not even the same ballpark. I can take any binary made for win32 and run it fine in modern Windows.

Nigga why you lie?

Attached: 1464808074365.jpg (279x314, 22K)

Microsoft hasn't released a decent Windows since XP Media Center Edition from 2004. XP was the perfect minimal operating system that gave you everything you needed and nothing that you didn't. Microsoft ruined Windows by adding too many features.

Was that related to them using the NT kernel right? What went wrong? It was sold as the cure for cancer and it turned literal cancer.

Nostalgiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Attached: windows_xp_zune.png (1024x768, 331K)

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Literally the only way to get this minimalism nowadays is creating your own custom desktop environment on Linux

Attached: royale.png (1024x768, 994K)

>Microsoft must be putting a lot of money on marketing to stay afloat
True. Also Mac is not as accessible since it's hardware dependant for the most part, and FOSS is still kind of garbage.
Microsoft sucks, but it sucks less then what's available.

WindowsXP was pure aesthetic. Absolutely glorious operating system. Windows10 literally looks like was designed with the rectangle tool in paint.

Xp interface sucks, compared to more modern systems.

This. Shitdows10 was 8.1 with a bunch of shit bolted, hacked, screwed and otherwise taped onto it.

Windows 10 is a fucking nightmare. Cloud and everything you do being sent to Microsoft whether you want it or not. Your desktop used to be separate from the internet, not any more. Annoying excessive UI that doesn't do what you want it to do, with big buttons that aren't actually helpful. Simple activities being obscured by whatever bloat Microsoft UX teams thought was a good idea to push on everyone.

Reminder that the U.S. government has their own in-house BSD-based OS and Mac-compatible software and have begun phasing out all Microsoft software in their departments since ~2015. Notice how President Trump uses a Mac and iPhone? It's because they can run this software. The government is fully aware of how fucked Microsoft's security is and isn't taking any more bullshit.
>but apple is fucked as well
Yeah, no shit. Most of the Mac-comp. software is just security stuff.

I'm trying to choose my words carefully here and my break's almost over. Stop using Tor and keep an eye out during the next Presidential Election. I highly doubt he'll be running again but if he does, you'll get a glimpse. If we can stay in our department for the next term, we can get civilian versions released very soon. Don't use Ubuntu next year.

By the way, give me a smirk when you read this.

i've been on macOS for around 5 years (iOS developer), with Linux in my spare time.

Haven't used windows in all those 5 years, but just installed it last month again. Its fucking glorious compared to Linux and much saner and easier to use than macOS now.

Its fast, reliable, has great applications for professionals and looks wonderful.

When the fuck did this happen?

larp more pls

I don't know. I just use Windows for games, media consumption, web browsing, emulating, software testing, and everything else. Linux is cool sometimes though.

>darpafag is back
You shitters haven't made much progress since 2016. Just use the hardened OpenBSD systems that you made in the first place.
>civie versions
That browser is ass and you know it. You fags control the certs and block any open source plugins. How the fuck are retard zoomers gonna be able to use it? Fix your shit first.

Attached: 1540529155954.jpg (227x199, 12K)

I wish he runs and wins again and Microsoft gets fucked

x86 SGX windows mobile

>Kernel is compiled with SGX enclave support

W H E N?

Can I trust the enclave against the IME? Is is wired into the same registers?
Obviously will be, we're talking Intel here, but in the off chance I'm wrong...

Attached: 1548248514804.jpg (521x512, 23K)

you don't know what gpu-passthrough is and you sound like an underage retard, but i don't approve of it anyway
wine+dxvk only loses ~10fps and allows you to ditch the entire botnet for good

based retardposter