/fdg/ - Flash Drive General

What do you use flash drives for?

Resources:
infogalactic.com/info/USB_flash_drive
infogalactic.com/info/Secure_Digital
youtube.com/channel/UCD4EOyXKjfDUhCI6jlOZZYQ
^- for high quality FD review videos

Attached: flashdrive banner 5.png (600x370, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820226776
amazon.com/dp/B01MU8TZRV
anandtech.com/show/10086/mushkin-impact-256gb-and-atom-128gb-usb-flash-drives-capsule-review
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just buy a usb 3.0 lmao. Which ever is in sale lmao. for your keychain one with a keyhole lmao.

this thread is shit lmao.

I keep cp and homework on my digidick, but I think I left it at the library! Oh my waifu will be so angry with me xD

I carry my Jow Forums folder always with me, so I can shitpost no matter where I am

Attached: wacistgirl.png (460x355, 186K)

I have a windows install with 1 HDD, no floppy, CP or SD ports and only a single USB still working

I call it my waifu and I give her the D:

why do bus-powered non-mechanical storage devices these days seem less reliable?
i have my old 2GiB one from 2008 that still works fine for lightweight transfers, but it seems i have to buy a new one every month because they keep getting corrupted, even when i remove them correctly

i have several universal serial bus digital storage devices that have worked for years and don't even drop a gig below their marking, even thought i run OS from them all the time

The fuck are you doing, formatting instead of deleting? And what the fuck do you need a 2gig for anyway? You can do a bluetooth file transfer to your phone for 2 gigs

This, I use stuccu (.co.uk but there's a .com too) for SSDs and also flash drives

Somebody post that image of all the various things normies call flash drives please.

nevermind got it myselg

Attached: flashdrive.png (500x494, 98K)

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16820226776

Is this a good one? I was looking for one with good speeds. I ordered two. If there's a better one please help

dude, go to office max, grab a handful, and run out screaming I'M ILLEGEAL YOU CAN'T PERSECUTE ME

you'll be fine*

*in california

I'm not by an office max

Based.

I'm gonna steal your idea.

Attached: d52.jpg (231x244, 8K)

i might be in the minority but,
i use flash drives to transfer data between computer systems

I have 8 flash drives

This, I've also got it on all devices I own that can be used to shitpost (except my phone, that has a lite version of it that is missing stuff like my flash & webm folders)
Still need to find a way to easily sync between everything though but I might just have to make a home server or something and do it through that.

Attached: 1540848451273.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Depends what you're doing.

I use my flashdrive to transfer large files faster than 1gbps ethernet.

A standard USB 3.0 flashdrive wont offer that type of performance.

Attached: 2018-12-09 19_32_08.png (397x364, 36K)

It looks similar to the mushkin I just ordered?

Your mushkin claims 100MB/s writes

Meaning in real world scenarios you'll be lucky to get more than 50MB/s

here it is in a real world write scenario.

amazon.com/dp/B01MU8TZRV

Attached: 2018-12-09 19_21_21.png (439x282, 10K)

That's not the same one at all

It literally is. It's in front of me.

Synthetic tests will never mirror real world results.

Attached: 2019-02-08 20.11.36.jpg (2268x4032, 2.61M)

He's saying that drive is his drive, not that it is the random mushkin you bought.

Oh ok. Well they come Tuesday I'll give it a test

If i get half rated speed that's entirely acceptable

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-08-19-19-48.png (1440x2560, 226K)

anandtech.com/show/10086/mushkin-impact-256gb-and-atom-128gb-usb-flash-drives-capsule-review

looks like it'll be decent, but with performance inconsistencies.

>using flash drives when local network file transfer is Gigabit+ easily these days
>copying data twice
>corrupted
>have to buy a new one
How did I not expect this to be brainlet central?

>>using flash drives when local network file transfer is Gigabit+ easily these days
gigabit sure.

But beyond gigabit is still stupidly expensive unless you're dealing with point to point connections.

2.5/5/10gbps ethernet switches aren't cheap.

I keep a Windows install/RE USB drive, a Linux LiveUSB, and a 128GB USB 3.0 drive with various software and some important info on it on my keychain. However, I've also recently added another drive for a dedicated bootable chntpw, because chntpw 1.00, which is the only version available on Fedora 29 Live is completely fucking broken, which was also the case for chntpw 0.99.6 on Fedora 28.

wasting space in my drawer. being a source of buyers remorse everytime i open my drawer and see a pile of useless usb sticks i havent touched in years

>lmao