There are people on Jow Forums RIGHT NOW that like and defend Win 10

>there are people on Jow Forums RIGHT NOW that like and defend Win 10

I know, I know, you're now "one of them". But let's try something. Say 3 good things about win 10. Maybe, just maybe..

Attached: 12354235234.png (679x406, 350K)

you're not*

nice try microsoft

It's not Linux.

1) it's free (you can download it on their website)
2) there's no adware (get Pro N and opt out of the garbage)
3) you can play games in it

>describes Linux
Try harder.

LTSC just works

>works
>plethora of software
>compatible with almost everything useful
>games
>third party software is generally professionally made, and maintained
>It's hard to fuck something up
>Pretty easy to use, and understand

My friend likes Win 10, how do I prove to him that it's total garbage? He says he likes the way it looks (how could anyone like that cheap chinese tablet look is beyond me) and the functions it provides.

>describes Linux
Try harder.

It's got some quality of life features that would be hard to get away from. Installation is a breeze for starters.

not your personal army

Windows ten is very functional though

I don't "Like" windows 10. I put up with it because it's the only realistic option for any new PC as getting Windows 7 on new hardware is a bastard. Not to mention the impending lack of support. Anyhow I'm going to cheat a bit and rattle off some stuff that Windows was good at as far back as probably XP
>Software RAID solutions (0, 1, 5, 10) easy to setup and versatile. Able to be recovered on any windows machine
>Seamless remote desktop capabilities with very minimal setup required to use
>The epitome of JUST WERKS.
I've used various Linux distros throughout the years. Was using Ubuntu MATE as my daily OS and overall Linux is just a pain in the dick. If something doesn't work how it should, you're spending an hour or more troublehshooting, or worse, going on the forum for help. Half the tutorials for Linux to be more usable are how to setup WINE. If an OS's capability is defined by how well you can run normally Windows native applications, it's shit.

Attached: 1546985905696.png (465x996, 137K)

you wish

Trying hard to fit in? You don't even know what that means

good bait freetard
literally opposite of linux

if I have to spend more than 5 minutes of my mortal life fiddling around with an OS then its dogshit and I don't care how many memes you post

Unlike linux, everything works
Really comfy
Gayms

>if I have to spend more than 5 minutes of my mortal life fiddling around with an OS then its dogshit and I don't care how many memes you post
>*proceeds to spend hours of his life reverting privacy settings that were changed by updates, downloading alternative browsers, dealing with malware infections, installing dodgy registry entries and running shady scripts to disable ads and telemetry until the next update*

10 is a nice number
The word "Windows" reminds me of the outside
I like the default theme's shade of blue

>meanwhile freetard popping veins from his skull trying to install some shitty program made by other freetards with no quality control
got any more freetard? What you say is exaggeration and only has to be done once, what I say is daily occurence

Your not required to do any of that you know
It's funny that you mention downloading an alternative browser as I would be doing that shit in Linux anyway since I'd rather have something chrome based

>what I say is daily occurence
nope, clearly you know nothing about any operating system other than the one using you. and when I want to install something I just use the package manager. shit just works desu

It's fast.
It's stable.
The live tiles are actually useful.

and you're not required to shit yourself while using gnu/linux but it seems that many windows useds insist on doing so regardless

only thing i like is active directory

1) Supports professional applications such as adobe creative cloud, sony vegas etc

2) Almost all of the annoying features like cortana, lock screen, built in apps etc can literally just be turned off or uninstalled one way or another

3) Can play video games, and with that all of the obvious benefits that come with gaming on pc over gaming on console. And yes I know steam on linux can run alot of windows games fine now, but that's still in beta mode and will never be guaranteed to support EVERY single steam game, since they are adding support one game at a time, and new games are being released on steam all the time

1) Plays all the software I need.
2) Works out of the box.
3) Is compatible with everything.
4) No need for tweaking.
I could go on and on.

funny how every windows used apparently needs to use photoshop for their livelihood whenever the topic of gnu/linux comes up. what bs

>works out of the box!
>no need for tweaking!
>no, having to turn off ads and disable telemetry doesn't count!!

Why would anyone need to defend Windows 10?
Do linux fags honestly believe their never ending temper tantrums pose any sort of threat?

We're trying to help you.

i've been using gahnoo slash loonix since i was 10 user, but these threads are still "find a flaw" tier garbage
stop it

"you don't actually NEED to use photoshop anyway, open source ms paint clones are all you need"

Cope

As someone who uses linux and windows it can go both ways
Linux can have a great out of the box experience and Windows depending on version *can* be a nightmare if you don't know your hardware to get drivers.
On the flip side Linux can be broken for certain systems while Windows just recently with 10 has gotten a hell of alot better getting everything functional with no user intervention

>Caring about other people's software usage.

it runs linux
retarded boomers & corporations know how to use it (even if it is shit)
& it's not aero

Windows user (since 10)
>Fresh install, turn off all ads, privatize as much as you can, delay updates and turn off auto-reboot
>Install your programs/games of choice
>Install Anti-virus if your copy of CommonSense Pro has expired
>Begin getting work done and or just enjoying yourself
Linux
>Choose one of 50 different distributions of the SAME FUCKING KERNEL
>Install it assuming your hardware is actually supported. If not you're going to have to rely on the FREEDUMB drivers made by other Linux losers whose time is worthless
>Spend time ricing it because Linux is hideous to look at stock
>After ricing everything to your authentic Autistic perfection, finally figure out the OS is good for nothing besides watching Chinese cartoon, shit posting on an Belgian waffle pressing forum, and running Htop and screenfetch for those epic 1337 Desktop threads
>Finally realize how much time you've thrown down the well that is known as Linux for absolutely no gain
>Go back to aforementioned forum and shitpost about why Windows users should defend their OS

Linux users are so insufferable.

Attached: 1515965163158.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

Actually based

>linux
>games

>superior VR support
>superior game support

I only use it for gaming anyway.

It's not free anymore (unless you mean DOS and Windows 1-3.1 that are now in the public domain). Windows 10 is full of adware. They literally inject ads into the start menu.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've been using Ubuntu since they stopped supporting windows 7 and you try to tell me that using Linux is hard?

>good multimonitor support
Okay I can't think of other two good reasons

Zoomers and pajeets

it just works. unironically.

Linux isn't hard. It's just annoying, and with best case scenario you still can't use Adobe, play all the games as fast, or use most software. Even software with native support like davinci resolve lacks some of the features available on Windows, and trying to use wine is a crap shoot for each software.

this kek
also being on a tablet/laptop device, Win10's interface is really good.

Honestly I'd LOVE if windows worked "out of the box" but it simply never does for me. I've had 4 computers and every single one has had driver problems requiring hours of fucking around.
I know people say linux is bad with drivers but it's actually better than windows in my experience and it confuses me greatly.

I use Linux at work, you know to make money.

come on guys, it literally has ads by default on the start menu, and ntfs sucks

>s-stop defending Windows REEEE
Meanwhile this board is the worst bunch of GNU/Linux apologists and defenders I have even seen.

Pic related
>inb4 b-but it's only in n00b distros XD

Attached: 44n5d6hgfagz.png (742x828, 151K)

Linux is better with drivers than Windows, exceptions being the proprietary Nvidia ones and some obscure hardware. Some new hardware needs a while for support, I suppose. I find Linux having more hardware be plug and play compared to Windows where drivers need to be installed separately.

Only option if you like playing videogames, since wine doesn't work too well on many modern titles and native ports are often terrible quality.
But the situation is definitely improving, with many indie titles being on par or straight up running better on GNU/Linux

Attached: 1463647523456.jpg (2400x1642, 128K)

if you're that braindead try ubuntu

fuck windows 10

based and windowspilled

I agree that windows is dogshit.

Pretty much this

Windows 10 is shit it doesn't even have wine

>2019
>install Linux
>reboot after install, X doesn't work
>google to learn you need to run Xorgconfig and set a few dumb things like keyboard language
>X works now, but it's just plain X, it's absolutely hideous, and the mousewheel doesn't work
>install a nice looking DE, restart X, it looks nice now
>decide to watch a video before installing more programs and configuring more stuff
>sound doesn't work, now what?
>some more googling, turns out ALSA is muted by default... well that's dumb
>reboot computer next day, X starts vanilla, no DE
>need to google which file to change so the DE is launched automatically
>fast forward 5 years, every single task has involved this cycle of hitting an obstacle, googling, finding some really fucking dumb typically Linuxian reason why something doesn't work or has a shitty default setting or has a glitchy driver

>installs bare slackware
>surprised to see basically nothing set up for you
why are you hitting yourself?

Lower barrier of entry is not a bad thing. I'm not sure if I would have picked up computer stuff as a kid if my only experience with PC was a linux terminal. It's also infinitely easier to solve windows problems because 99% of time, someone else encountered it before you and already asked about it.
Of course now as an adult and programmer I can compile the source code myself, I don't need Yahoo Answers, only the documentation, I don't need GUI for everything and even make scripts to ease my life and experience. But if I were to install an OS for any member of my family it would be Windows since it means overall less frustration on both sides. I'm not gonna push my FOSS beliefs on someone else like a religion, enlightenment cannot be given, it must be taken etc. etc.

1) Helps NSA keep people safe.
2) Helps corps deliver better advertising.
3) Helps promote brain-relaxing activities like gaming and social media.
user why don't you want the world to be a better place?

It can't get any uglier
It can't spy on you any more than it is
You can run an xsession in it

1)great library of software available
2)good interface features
3)works

based

>if i have to spend more than 5 minutes fiddling with my OS then it's dogshit
>waits 20 minutes for system to stop being a brick during updates
>spends another 10 minutes every 6 months searching the internet for the new procedure for killing cortana since microsoft keeps making it harder
>spends unholy amounts of time clicking through installers instead of just telling it 'apt install this that the-other-thing' and walking away
why do windows users assume that their present experience is the best experience they can get?

Attached: I+like+this+comp+_8518c1e47d8ff0feb5509dadf380b3b5.jpg (960x540, 45K)

This, so much this

LTSC doesn't have any of those problems, and there's plenty of 'package managers' for Windows already.
Why do freetards willingly chose ignorance?

>there's plenty of 'package managers' for Windows already.
>willingly chose ignorance?

windows 10 is botnet haha peenus weenus

Hyper V is pretty good
My wife can use it without having to ask for help
It just werks®

>plenty of 'package managers'
And all of them suck

just installed xp sp3 yesterday, plan to try win update later, ask me anything

I like the search function

They're called /v/irgins
What about it?

Describing Linux. Op says to describe winshit, guys
I know most software doesn't work in Windows and most games need to be ported over but there's at least something good to say, isn't there?

>LTSC
Can you get it for (((free)))?

It turns people away from Microsoft, helping bring about the era of Linux desktop, that's one pretty good thing.

Audio just works.
Games just work.
I don't have to configure and compile the kernel to use my GPU.

IT
JUST
WORKS

I just like games and photoshop.

And I'm too lazy to go through the hassle of getting it all to work on linux.

It just werks, and I'm a gamer. I have no need for obscure trash like Loonix.

you don't even need to install third-party AV in most cases with W10 because of Windows Defender.

Linux: init system drama, display server drama, DE drama, package manager drama, sound system chaos, distro wars, license drama, open vs proprietary driver troubles, UNIX philosophy drama, BSD vs GNU vs others

Windows: telemetry drama, update drama

If you're not paranoid or afraid of change, it's obvious which ecosystem is simpler and more comfortable to adopt

1. GPU status monitoring in task manager
2. allows me to transfer install from one machine to another just by logging into my microsoft account
3. Finally added the ability to re-route specific applications through a specific audio device without using 3rd party software hacks.

It boots fast
Vidya
Stable

>allows me to transfer install from one machine to another just by logging into my microsoft account
cringe.

*it keeps retarded niggers away from linux forums

Attached: 506f26b4.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

1. It has gaymes
2. Has proprietary apps I need that can easily be pirated (mostly Adobe)

Windows is fucking terrible right now and would probably even worse in the future but because of these two I just have to stick with it.

You should let them know they don't have to try so hard to fit in. Else they might end up trying harder.

pen support
better tablet os
plug n play gaming

It destroys itself so I don't have to

I keep Win10 dual-booted alongside my GNU/Linux installation exclusively to play Fortnite.

To all people who responded with "muh gaymes"
this is a technology board

Still free if you do a little bit searching, I got 10 Pro 2 months ago via their upgrade tool, true story bro, I ain't lyin bro, u want some brah , step up brah, who you calling a liar, I'll fuckin have you

Pretty much this.
I installed linux on my laptop alongside windows and the only thing it's good for is browsing the internet while saving on power.
For everything else windows is required.
Also
>install linux
>need to install some other shit to enable sound
>have to remember to run said program every time I boot linux and need sound
How can a modern OS not have a basic feature like sound out of the box?

werks on my machine

>works on my distro
Fixed
I did not go with Ubuntu because it's as bloated as windows so it would pretty much defeat the point.