>2019
>not using Slack to keep in touch with your circle of friends

inb4 Jow Forums tells me that IRC is "as good as Slack or better" and that they have "friends" even though they only know them online

Attached: slack-logo-vector-download.jpg (512x512, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/slack.html
gnu.org/software/librejs/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/librejs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No.
stallman.org/slack.html

>having friends
fuck off outta here

U my fren user :3 uWu

>slack
Why?
Companies use zoom or skype
Normies use discord and flavor of the month messaging platform
The logo isn't even what you posted, which shows not even you use slack anymore

LOSER

>slack
I don't work for some shit house startup.

what does your work use?

> bait.jpeg

this, fuck normies

Yes

Thanks for the warning, user. Saved me some time looking up details on this abomination.

What..? Companies use slack, it's pretty popular. It's rare that anyone uses zoom. I've only seen it in colleges. Haven't seen anyone use Skype in a while

based and stallmanpilled

>It's rare that anyone uses zoom. I've only seen it in colleges. Haven't seen anyone use Skype in a while
I've never seen zoom being used, I've only seen Skype being used for interviews.

wat

kek

I already use telegram.

but user, irc IS better than slack

irc is outdated garbage

this

>muh non free javascript
Does this cuck really refuse to use 95% of technology because it isnt FOSS? Imagine being this autistic

He's right and forced JS on non-webapp sites is cancer anyway.

All modern websites are webapps. If a ststic html files has js in it for no reason then sure but its not web 1.0 anymore almost every website requires js to function correctly. Also leave Jow Forums its not foss

Most don't offer any functionality that justifies requiring scripts and would've been just as usable in plain HTML5+CSS.
No, ads do not count as functionality.

You legit dont know anything about web development if you unironically think this.

How deluded do you have to be to think that e.g. news websites or blogs need JS just to toggle text being visible or load images?

You clearly don't know what html5 is. You're also confusing "most websites" with "websites you use yourself" and the dictionary disagrees with you about the meaning of "modern."

This. Even news sites are doing this shit

XMPP is a established and mature extensible protocol that js superior to all else.

>No, ads do not count as functionality.
even ads would be ok without this jabbascript fuckery. Why can't a site just throw up a jpg of the advertiser's logo that links to their page? That can be done in basic html. No scripting required!

Discord is better than slack for personal friends.

Slack is for businesses and schools.

Most mainstream ad providers abuse JS to try to filter out automated clicks and other abuse, as well as sometimes attempt to evade adblockers.

>Discord is better than slack for personal friends.
That's for gaymers and it's not private

Html5 isnt a programming language. If you want to sell products on the internet you use javascript because its a programming language and you can actually solve problems using it.
No one cares aboit your static blogs.

You are completely ignorant what a stupid question

>Html5 isnt a programming language. If you want to sell products on the internet you use javascript because its a programming language

Attached: pqafkb6d9ba01.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>im going to manage user, carts, and progress payments only using html5 and css

Attached: 1546521046006.png (1000x432, 165K)

So you don't know what a website is, either. That's quite an impressive level of ignorance.

>If you want to sell products
see
>No, ads do not count as functionality.

Real ones use discord. Although it’s a botnet we all give up a little to use the best platform on the market.

What do you mean "private"? Discord servers are as private as Slack ones. You can also do private messaging across the entire service, irregardless of the servers your friends are on.

Are you talking about how secure your data is on Discord? Because Discord and Slack are the same thing when it comes to that.

Yeah dude why not just let bots spam your user create endpoint directly without solving a captcha because lol dude who cares its web 1.0 man

Not him but discord openly admits it sells all data that passes through its network. They're willing to sell your company's chat logs to your competitor.

Slack's HQ is in SF. You think they're any better?

>your user create endpoint
With advanced HTML technology you can actually make a website without the hassle of maintaining an entire user account system and database. This synergizes paradigms to greatly reduce development time and costs in addition to streamlining the user experience.

What is he your fucking sugar daddy or something? Who cares what that fat fuck thinks.

The backend software dos that, you twat. No notable website implements that in client-side JS.

You can do that on the backend.
>ban all datacenter ips
>ban all tor nodes
>whitelist only ips from the g20 countries
>custom email challenges on registration

A custom email challenge is actually a good idea
They use ajax to send to the server have use sessions in js not web 1.0 form submits you dont cunt and html5 form validation is shit and you cant handle errors with html5 dumb cunt you need to be able to deserialize object responses from the sever

>Slack's HQ is in SF. You think they're any better?
Their customers are businesses and schools. You think they would be able to get away with selling trade secrets and information involving students?

Holy fuck you actually are retarded.

Yeah.

sure, fag

np

try and it fucking works

install LibreJS

gnu.org/software/librejs/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/librejs/

>friends

Attached: fren_0.webm (800x480, 1.86M)

the slack pop sound gives me anxiety

Most big boy companies use Skype, Teams, or Jabber.

Most Stallman worshippers are basement dwellers, once you get a job, at least in IT you'll see that that fat fuck's words don't mean anything and that you can't work with just free software. Try telling your boss to switch to free software, they will just make fun of you.
I was a brainlet like you before I got a job and now I use slack to communicate with the developer team at work and I couldn't be happier. Fucking freetards I swear.

Also Jow Forums isn't free software, what the fuck are you doing here?

>Teams
My company does that.

>With advanced HTML technology you can actually make a website without the hassle of maintaining an entire user account system and database. This synergizes paradigms to greatly reduce development time and costs in addition to streamlining the user experience.
fuckin how?

yeah, you typically call the backend with ajax calls.

>yeah, you typically call the backend with ajax calls.
Or simply interact with the standard web tools: links and forms. JavaScript is needed only for real-time interactivity, which is unnecessary for the actual functionality of most commercial websites.

>corporate techbros make bloated irc ripoff and sell it to dumb mbas who don't know any better

hard pass

We use zoom and slack. Hangouts sucked ass, zoom works fine.

>links and forms.
limited in their usefulness.

For one, the full-loading of different pages can interfere with sense of cohesion one might desire from a webpage. For some use-cases this matters, others not so much.

For another, doing anything even remotely complicated with only forms and links can produce shitty, hard to understand and hard to maintain code. As if PHP isn't any more of a disgusting abomination.

It's also desirable to perform what intensive operations you can on the client-side. JS has its valid use-cases. A little bit of elegant js/jquery can go a long way.

Let's face it, if it's not closed source, proprietary protocol, mobile app even if it runs on desktop only, and almost all features removed or inaccessible, it's outdated garbage.

>whitelist only ips from g20 countries
and then spammer just issues a command on his botnet to only use IPs from g20 countries. Good going

>anti-javascript people are this stupid

How are websites supposed to make money without providing ads? Do you think bandwidth is free?

mine uses slack

Wait till you see his position on pay toilets.

Yes goy, if somebody doesn't give his software code away for free you have to boycott it.

On a serious note, you realize that (((Stallman))) is part of a people that consider themselves to be chosen, and to be above all others, a people that brought upon us the plague of Bolshevism in order to render themselves as masters of a supposedly egalitarian society.

We use Slack and Bluejeans

based

>Bluejeans
now that looks competent

The place I work at uses slack. idk how well it would scale upwards, we only have 20ish people and it already gets pretty cluttered especially with private conversations.

why is he always right

we should have listened

why didn't we listen

>DA JOOS
Why are Jow Forumstards so aggressive about showing they don't understand the boards they invade? Stallman has been the patron saint of Jow Forums forever and nobody gives a fuck if he's jewish.

>not using telegram in 2k19
Imagine that

I don't understand how anyone could be stupid enough to use slack. Unless you are creating a meme-startup and want to maximise hype and thus rip off some VC. But you shouldn't do that because it's a waste of your precious existence.

>Stallman has entire sections dedicated to what's bad about certain software companies
holy fucking BASED

Does Slack sell data about companies to competitors? Do you have any proof?

>once you get a job
I certainly hope not

I don't know...? There are plenty of other reasons not to use it.

t. web"""""programmer""""

Only a matter of time before the Trump administration starts cutting the neetbux.

>implying I live in America or would ever do so

Use Matrix with Riot you fucktards.

Everywhere is slowly running out of money anyway, so it can't be sustainable for that much longer.

privacy wise im sure its as shit as everything else but why use slack i have no more friends since they are all on discord now anyway. just me chillin in my empty mumble server till i kick the bucket. feels bad man

I don't understand why anyone would use shit like slack or discord over plain IRC, or, hell, even just make a fancy front-end to the standard IRC protocol and link to it that way. It's just needless at this point.

We use it with 900+ people. It's fine. The only thing that's an issue is there's too many channels and a misuse of @here/@channel. Which is fine since I just mute uses of those and don't join channels that I won't be in for more than a few minutes.

>Use Matrix with Riot
Too slow and too buggy

Control of fragmentation and marketing. Brand recognition. If they still kept the IRC gateways, Slack interface and brand wouldn't be as much recognizable because of the flourishing number of software to use it.

>proprietary shitware
No thanks.

>telegram

no default e2ee, proprietary server.
might as well use slack, dude.

this

>I don't understand why anyone would use shit like slack or discord over plain IRC
Because not everybody is a turboneet like you

Of course I use the dick swastika app

Attached: 1547672377673.jpg (796x417, 37K)