I want a music player. Any recommendations?

I want a music player. Any recommendations?

Attached: 51E-wJ-lKvL._SL1100_.jpg (1100x1100, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m6-m7-m9-a-big-update-for-the-m6-m7-m9-firmware.898833/
youtube.com/watch?v=QdZ2-9qZipY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Use your smartphone. 20h+ battery on music playback (unless yours sucks?), no extra device to charge, can download music directly and play back any remotely common format.

use your phone, retard

Hire your own live band.

Attached: 1544391383394.jpg (900x720, 120K)

Use your phone + good pair of BT/wifi headphones/earbuds. BT is cheaper and gives you 99% original audio quality and wifi is as good as it gets.

This removes your phones DAC from the equation when it comes to sound quality so it doesn't matter what phone you use.

>20h+ battery on music playback
If it's only doing that, sure, but your phone is almost guaranteed to not only being playing music.

No. I've tried it after my Zune finally died and it's inconvenient for how I go about my daily listening.

Right but what he's saying is it essentially won't noticeably affect battery life.

Even if you use bluetooth headphones with 20+ hour battery life and controls on the headphone itself?

Is there a noticeable audible difference between 16/44.1kHz and 24/192kHz to the naked ear or is it just a placebo?

Not as much as MP3 320 vs 16/44

Miiii verga es chiquita y muy feaaa....

Attached: lnm.png (960x514, 678K)

>phone 20 hour battery life
lol no

Botnet

Apple Watch
You can get the LTE version if you want to stream, otherwise just sync what you want or have it act as a controller to the music on your phone

Attached: watchos5-series3-apple-music-library-animation.gif (450x500, 342K)

When accounting for unavoidable factors like hearing loss due to aging pretty much, yeah. On average most adults 20-30 years old can't heat sounds above 16-18 kHz.

Abiding by the nyquist theorem that states that you only have to sample a sound wave twice to accurately replicate it that means:

44.1kHz sampling rate = 22.05kHz true max sound wave frequency reproducible.

no hi-res PCM is not that much better than CD but DSD 5.6mhz is quite a jump

OP check out the shanling m0

t. DSD fag

Attached: Firefox_Screenshot_2019-02-03T01-54-16.400Z.png (986x2392, 711K)

retard

>he thinks an all in one can be better than several specialized devices
LMAO@ your life

your phone you fucking idiot.

Yeah stay away from iPhones, Android smartphones can easily achieve 20-40 hours of battery life due to how energy efficient they are.

Or just use BT earbuds/headphones with playback controls and save $1,000 for something else.

see

If I used it a lot on top of that, I'd carry a power bank and/or stationary recharge it some time during those 11h of shitposting or whatever I'm doing to drain the battery otherwise.
But I really don't usually have that much time to use the phone hands on, do you?

How does it help to have ~ the same kind of device but with a worse UI? It'll still run off flash memory and have wired or BT headphones or IEM.

LMAO@ your brain damage

unironically sony nw a45 (or a55 if you can find one for the same price)

Yep. Audio playback is so trivial an all in one computer (desktop, laptop, smartphone) can handle it fine.

I went with a Fiio M7, I've heard decent things about the M9. Shanling M0 and Hiby R3 are also supposed to be decent.

If you go with an M7 just make sure to get the latest firmware (1.0.4), gives it some features such as you can use it as a bluetooth receiver for spotify or streaming since it doesn't otherwise have wifi.

I've used this before with Rockbox and enjoyed it. It was just not a very sturdy device.

Attached: 819E1X2kC0L._SY450_.jpg (333x450, 15K)

not even close like 5 to 6 hours max playing music

I want to get this (Benjie T6) but I hear the latest models can't be rockboxed and there's popping in between track changing. Anyone can confirm?

Attached: 9661162.jpg (700x700, 115K)

iPod Mini or Video. Upgrade it to solid state storage and install Rockbox.

FiiO M3K Mini
HIDIZS AP80
HiBy R3

>oh no google knows about my kpop and video game sound tracks!!!!!!!!!!

Totally wrong. I often leave music going all night (~8hrs) for a tolerable 20% battery hit on my OnePlus 5t.
This thing can easily last me from Friday night to Sunday night when I go somewhere with no power. A 10Ah battery pack gets me through a week comfortably.

You’re not a poor fag are you?

Attached: 81543F58-0734-4E3F-B9DF-3126575F2E42.jpg (650x433, 55K)

Amazing device desu. Just breaks easy.

>using a phone to listen to music
Not with the shit DACs those things use, even worse if you have to use bluetooth or some kind of adapter because no headphone jack.

Why should I buy vinyl when only a fraction of my weeb music has that format?

Sony

just spend $10 more and get the agptek rocker

tiiiienes que volveeeer

Finally someone who knows their shit.
You didn't answer about the sampling depth though. I can't be bothered to look up ambient noise levels but I doubt that the SNR will improve significantly when you switch to 24 Bits per sample, especially if it's 24 bps nonlinear.

both are literally the same shit only rebranded you fucking idiot

Astell&Kern AK240

AIMP3 is the way

>the latest models can't be rockboxed
They can, you just need to do some small Linux CLI fuckery to modify a line in the firmware.
>and there's popping in between track changing
Some do have that shit, some have noise floor and some have both, maybe it's a QC issue. Mine doesn't have anything like that.

my nexus 5(tm) has 12hr+ battery life, just tun off all useless sensors and disable some apps

I jog a lot. I have a Sansa Clip. Look it up, it's great and cheap.

Phone?

1.0.5 is the latest

Link me bro

It looks unnecessary thick, especially if you have a phone a full charge should last you the day with music unless you play candy crush all the time.

Lookin like a motherfucking lathe

pls share weeb music

Most recommendations here suck. I bought the cayin n3. I like the cayin n3. Let me tell you why:

>has good screen
>has hardware playback buttons
>has 2 way bluetooth
>hibylink
>small but not too small
>USB DAC.

Attached: Cayin-N3.png (800x707, 233K)

It's all placebo.
This is right.
Furthermore 24 bits gives a dynamic range which is ridiculously large, I think its 140dB or so from 20lg(2^24) without dithering. Your gear will max out long before the bits maxed out. 16 bits give 96db of dynamic range. BTW it's dynamic range not actual volume.

>cayin n3
How's the software?

>tfw my Zune HD will die some day
>tfw there's no homebrew or anything to get it to play FLAC or expand internal memory

Attached: Dsz0whsVYAEh3m8.jpg (852x433, 70K)

>no fm radio

The guys behind CD weren't jerking off when they standardized on 44.1k rate and 16 bit samples. 16 bits gets you 341 quantization levels per decibel if you use a 96db dynamic range. That's way more than you need (I have a very hard time distinguishing between a 0.1db difference, nevermind a .0029db difference), and since the loudness wars fucked dynamic range forever, you're unlikely to hear even half of that outside well mastered classical music.

their forum seems to be fucked at the moment but here:
head-fi.org/threads/fiio-m6-m7-m9-a-big-update-for-the-m6-m7-m9-firmware.898833/

Yeah I found the same, thanks! Emailed support to get the latest firmware and that worked for me in the past.

anyone remember this absolute classic?

Attached: creative zen xtra.jpg (1624x2411, 1.83M)

FWIW, I updated the link they sent me for 1.0.4 to 1.0.5 and it seemed to work. Anyone else who's looking:

m7pack.fiio.net/M7-ota-1.0.5.zip

Also dubs on dubs for the m7.

Any not-troll, not-fanboy, not-meme, and esp. not-chick replies?

Attached: 1546753989805.jpg (320x311, 17K)

See

you're hitting all but the meme categories, nibba. you're a brainlet to thing this is acceptable, search deep inside, if you find more than two neurons, try and figure out why you're disgustingly, objectively wrong.

My old as shit Galaxy S4 barely used battery at all when playing music from SD card, while browsing internet killed it in couple hours. I refuse to believe most new 3k+ mah androids can't have music running for whole day without any issues.

If you're a streaming retard, then yes, it will drain battery significantly faster but that's on you being a dumbshit.

You type like a 70 IQ retard. Pretty sure you're the least qualified person to call anyone in this thread a brainlet.

Your opinion of his IQ, level of retardation, is irrelevant to his reply and the person he's replying to. You 'argue' by name-calling, sulky child-on-the-playground tier.

I didn't argue about anything.

>Pretty sure you're the least qualified person to call anyone in this thread a brainlet.
This is a claim, or opinion, not a fact. Certainly not supported by anything. Most definitely not contributing to the thread or being on topic.

It's an observation. You're not contributing shit either so why argue?

Fpbp, fuck all you nerds. Get the VLC player on Android and ur golden.

GUYS. GUYS. Why don't we all just make our own music players out of raspberry pis?!

Try fitting a board of the regular ones in any encasing in your pocket and not cause a fucking burn or eventual impotency.
Dunno the specs of the pi0, there were some dudes makes a foss phone out of it and that shit fits in pockets, so could be done, I guess.

DSD sounds no better than PCM at high resolution. Any differences in sound are down to how DSD functions and was built as a stop-gap format in the 90's. You may be able to tell apart a DSD from a PCM (sourced) file if you are tuned into these differences, but analogue audio that was transferred to DSD and then converted to at least 24/96 PCM sounds no different than the source DSD file.
You've been memed.

Attached: 07.gif (500x333, 194K)

wow that sounds like some pussy ass quitter frenchman talk. I'm gonna go build my PiPod and rock out to some fucking slayer

This with Poweramp and you're altyn.

Attached: Screenshot_20190209-195231.jpg (1080x2160, 179K)

I have an ipod with rockbox and is pretty nice

There is basicslly jusy no problem there, but you can't stop audiophiles from imagining issues with things not being special and premium enough, so there's also the BT solution initially mentioned by another user. Never mind a lot of phones advertise brand dac.

there is a noticeable difference in the DAC on many phones to a dedicated audio player, hell even an iPhone with a 3.5mm jack is leagues better. the exception being the LG V series (the ones with the quad DAC), those are amazing

No, only very few phones are so crappy you can hear the difference and even the it's not possible on BT, plus the vast majority of phones is just fine. Yes, a random xiaomeme low end $150 chinaphone has a fine 3.5mm jack.

But it's never enough special for audiophiles and they're not big on scientific blind testing or such. It's usually just susceptibility to marketing wank. Even if there is also the odd measurement that is confirmed by someone else, it's usually not amounting to a difference that would pass tests with humans.

nah
myself and several of my friends had the galaxy s6
some of us went to iphones later (6s) and some of us went to the LG V30, one went to the oneplus 5t
every one of us noticed an immene difference in sound. maybe it's not even the DAC, maybe it's just the amp, but there are absolutely popular phones with god awful 3.5mm outs.
also radio / CPU interference is noticeable with a lot of modern phone jacks.
youtube.com/watch?v=QdZ2-9qZipY
it isn't just iphones that do this but this is just an example

use your phone with a decent DAC/amp, unless you have battery life or storage space issues

I bought a Sony Walkman as a replacement for my dead iPod Classic (may She rest in peace).
It's okay. Sound quality is pretty good. It has a built-in DAC and amp, and you can even use it as a standalone USB-DAC which is pretty neat.
The software isn't as smooth to use as an iPod wheel, but it's very straight-forward and logical for the most part.
Has a Micro SD slot so it has expandable storage. I think it supports 256GB.

My complaints are:
- no USB audio output so I can't plug it into my car's USB port like I could with my iPod
- "Shuffle All Songs" is hidden under a menu entry called "SenseMe" that I only clicked out of curiosity
- the touch screen is resistive so it's kinda like using an old smartphone at times, taps don't always register and the like

>carry an additional device to make your phone work as a DAP to avoid carrying both a DAP and a phone

does this look like a hassle to carry?

Attached: file.png (437x432, 150K)

Yes

>This removes your phones DAC from the equation
yeah by replacing the integrated DAC in your shitty bluetooth or wifi headphones
no thanks

Lg v40

i bought a benjie t6 just about 4 months ago
you have to unpack the rocker firmware and change the version date and then repack it, its quite simple to do, then you can flash it to an agptek rocker and rockbox it
im not sure if anything else has changed since then
all instructions are in the forum thread about tje benjie t6

Sheena Ringo's LPs are all over fucking $400.

Just buy a phone with a good DAC, such as an LG V20.

does it support inline controls

Not as terrible as I was expecting. The capacitive buttons may be a bit small, so hit them only with tips of fingers. I can quickly find artist, browse folders, and hibylink makes up for the search function. It may be a bit slow loading screens because I filled all of 256gb up. Handles 25000 files fine. I did send an email to cayin asking how I could modify the firmware (change wallpapers) no response yet.

I have what you posted, I backed it up on ks, it's pretty cool but kinda laggy, and it doesn't have any kind of last.fm scrobbler, but it's fine.
Also I dropped it a month ago without the case and the back opened but it doesn't have any cracks or dents, it's pretty sturdy but I guess the glue was weak.

Just tried, doesn't appear to. I know that if you pair Bluetooth headphones, you can use the headphone buttons. Or if you play phone audio over Bluetooth, cayin can control playback. Personally I don't use inline controls, hiby link is good enough when on-the-go, + 3 buttons on the side of the device.

Apparently I didn't have enough Apple/Samsung maymays to witness this. So themany cheap Xiaomeme and other cheaper chinkphones are simply better then, or what...?

And if you get radio inference picked up on your cable in particular and are very sensitive to it, the alternative to a more shielded cable, strong amp and high impedance phones would be just BT. The wiring of your BT chip going to the IEM or ear speakers won't pick up that much interference, and you're probably good.

Well there's OMTP and CTIA so it may just not support what you have

It's a "Jack of all trades and master of none" situation though.