Guys I've accidentally pulled the power cord from my HDD while the computer was on (I was trying to undust some parts...

Guys I've accidentally pulled the power cord from my HDD while the computer was on (I was trying to undust some parts of it). Is there any potential damage i might've caused?

Attached: 41G+6GaAMnL.jpg (500x346, 22K)

>dusting while the computer was on

You're retarded

I know but this is not the answer I was looking for. I've already ran CHKDSK and it was all cool

Thanks for your input

yeah they re made to be swapped out during operation

youre a dumbass

After it happened i just turned off my pc, plugged it back in, powered pc back on and it seems that nothing bad happened. I asked because it kinda made me paranoid

Sudden power loss might cause your header to scratch platters, and made your data gone for good. But there is a chance that nothing happen if your platters spin good enough and gracefully parking. You should check your HDDs health ASAP.

But if your disk is SSD, well, that's another story.

Only a retard opens his case door without turning the power off and pulling the plug. kill yourself retard

ran a HD Tune check and it`s all green

Lucky for you then, next time power off your PC before cleaning around sensitive components.

Yeah I know...thank you dude

Yes you may be pregnant now.

>Sudden power loss might cause your header to scratch platters
What? No. What the fuck are you thinking? Power loss alone would at most corrupt the filesystem/data if the disk is doing write operations at the time.
Heads don't just magically crash into the platters, that requires applying some force to a running HDD.

thx you made me laugh

you are not s.m.a.r.t.

technically, SATA standard supports hot plugging (not sure about hot unplugging, though).

no, if it's sata you will be alright, i do it all the time, sata suppoprts hotswapping

Just plug it back in and see what happens, and/or what may have happened during unplugging if it got any damages

don't worry, sata is designed to be hotswapped (unplugged while the computer is on). it'll be just fine!

Attached: 1514800270181.png (341x341, 73K)

It's not different from unplugging the whole pc / power outage.
Most of the times nothing happens, if chkdsk is ok then just forget about it.