*blocks your path*

*blocks your path*

What OS are you using user?

Attached: Linus_Torvalds.jpg (600x819, 266K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/minexew/Shrine
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GNU/Linux.

>User agent is literally wangblows

Lmao

Fedora

Android

*tips fedora*

Windows 10. Yes yes, ik, but I'm too poor and low Iq to afford anything better. Also i code in Python. No, this is serious. I need help.

Pleb
Btw I use arch

save up and buy ubuntu

the ones with kqueue and dtrace

Papa linus pls come home

Windows 10 Enterprise and Server 2019
Pfsense for network appliances
Ubuntu on my Thinkpads

TempleOS

my operating system is GNU

How are you posting? Pls don't tell me that you desecrated the temple with a false profets network patch.

Attached: 68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f785439673063542e706e67.png (640x480, 14K)

Win10/Win7/WinXP
Linux Mint/Lubuntu/Kali Linux/Android 6/7/8

I've been trapped on maining osx/macos for like 12 years now. I want my *nix but I also need programs like adobe suite and several DAWs.

I got this macbook pro for 1/5 of the msrp, but once this thing dies there's no way in fuck I'm giving another penny to apple. Is hackintosh worth it?

beyond security, why would anyone voluntarily run an apple OS? its limited to like 5 "apps"

what?

Devuan

Gentoo

ChromeOS.
Everything is a webapp anyway. lol

Source Mage

linux and mirage on top of muen
moving to sel4 as soon as scheduling-context capabilities are verified

High Sierra, of course

The best one

Attached: Fedora-logo.svg.png (2000x2000, 112K)

A true right-wing OS.

>mac os
>security

Atari TOS.

Linux at home, Windows 10 at work

no?

Hi, Mr. Linus. I'm using the Gnu operating system Mr. Linus,

GNU + Linux.

You see Linus, what you're implying I'm using is Linux, but it is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Apple products do have better security. This is coming from somebody who uses windows/linux/android. Apple doesn't sell your data, Microsoft and google do. This is just a fact. Plus apple has very high standards when it comes to secure development, and it's easier to plan for security when they know exactly what hardware they are developing their OS for.
t. Infosec major

What is MacOS to BSD then? Is MacOS the kernel?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as GNU, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather a set of free components of a fully functioning GNU+Linux system made useful by the Linux kernel. The Linux kernel, GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Pen and pencil.

Attached: brain.jpg (763x771, 54K)

I really want people to turn templeOS into an actually capable OS, just for his sake.
We'll call it "CIA Nigger OS".

Attached: 1547886398544.png (480x360, 228K)

>What is MacOS to BSD then?
A fork of BSD.

Only if it was completely forked. Terry wouldn't have wanted you faggot niggers changing things that G*d told him needed to be a certain way.

On the contrary.

Attached: NPC man smile.png (589x559, 60K)

>windows/linux/android.
only one of them is free. Ofcourse you shouldn't trust a binary blob of an OS with your data. Same is true for Apple tho.
Also, how is "Linux" less secure? If you run an OS on the kernel, could aswell secure it with it.
>inb4 Systemd/Grub/etc. exploit you can easily fix by not using it or compiling/setting it differently

>Apple doesn't sell your data
You're right. Being part of PRISM, they give it away for free.
Please end this meme.

GNU.

Never said linux is less secure. I just said i use it. Its higher on the security totem pole than windows and android for sure.
Apple is much less likely to give up your data to a 3rd party because selling your information isn't a form of revenue for them, don't try to talk about things you know nothing about.

>Apple is much less likely to give up your data to a 3rd party because selling your information isn't a form of revenue for them, don't try to talk about things you know nothing about.
Nigger are you retarded, they hand it over to the US Govt. which is just as bad if not worse.

windows 8.1

Attached: 27.jpg (500x688, 92K)

>implying it isn't the spirit of Terry influencing our work to bring out God's will

Windows 10. I'm sorry ok? Leave me in my misery

gentoo GNU/Linux

macOS (and iOS, watchOS, etc, etc) is based on Darwin, an open source operating system developed by Apple. Darwin has a lot of BSD code.

The government doesn't have a backdoor into any apple products. And there needs to be a warrant issued by attorney general before apple is required to give up data, which isn't as easy as it looks on CSI. Compared to android or windows which have about a billion security vulnerabilities, apple has the upper hand. This is fact. Linux is a little bit more of a grey area.

>implying it isn't the spirit of Terry influencing our work to bring out God's will
Wait did we just reenact the Shia/Suni division following the death of the prophet Muhammad? If that was intentional I'm genuinely impressed by that post.

do you understand what prism is? they also got into that one mudslime's phone in a day so their encryption sure isn't stopping much.

windows 10 and ubuntu

Linux Mint Xfce. I've been distrohopping for a long while, but no distro has really appealed to me, and I honestly don't really like using GNU/Linux; I only use it because I don't like Windows 10 or OSX and I won't pirate any OS.

>I honestly don't really like using GNU/Linux; I only use it because I don't like Windows 10 or OSX and I won't pirate any OS.
What DO you like though.

I liked using XP, and I suppose also Windows 9x. I haven't truly enjoyed using computers for quite a few years now.

Yeah im talking generally. Prism is for special cases. In general you aren't going to be spied on as easily by a 3rd party. Anyways my original point is that apple naturally has better security than android because of how the hardware and software are developed, not saying that one is better than the other, im using an android right now.

Desktop: Win10/Mint
Notebook: Ubuntu
Tel: Android 9, note 6 pro(pro cuz notch meme)

pic unrelated (for now)

Attached: 6ql2iwarvti11.jpg (640x487, 23K)

I was honestly using arch linux on laptop and desktop, but I'm making the change to openBSD finally on my laptop

slackware linux

>liked using XP, and I suppose also Windows 9x
I haven't used XP in a decade or so now I suppose but I don't see what really changed so much between the versions that you would just not like Windows. It's almost the same basic functions with some small features sprinkled on.

I'm a simple man who likes simple things; Windows became too big and fancy with too many features. What attracted to me to GNU/Linux was the chance of a simple system, and it turns out that was a myth. Not even the noob distros like Ubuntu or Mint or Manjaro have clicked with me. All too high-end and fancy and non-simple.

Microsoft Windows 10
Google Android 7.1.1

Attached: 1536195275318.png (1105x1053, 90K)

Ubuntu LTS

To me it sounds like what you want is Linux with the ease of use of Windows. With how Linux is not being designed by one group of people with a specific philosophy you'll pretty much always have something you'll have to do in a more difficult/manual way like compiling programs vs. just running an executable.

You're might just be stuck using Linux with it's difficulties because you really can make it the most stripped down and "simple" but something like OSX or Windows will be more "simple" to use but have more stuff than you care for.

That or you just don't like computers in the first place.

macOS, but on non-apple hardware.

Isn't the current LTS kinda shit

Your analysis is correct, you're a smart guy user. I'm using Mint Xfce stylized sort of like Win9x with a lot of unused extra stuff. I used to quite enjoy using computers, but somewhere along the way computing and computers just got too 'big' and fancy for me and I find it hard to achieve a sense of comfort and simplicity. I suppose the Internet and the way it has wormed its way into everything has a lot to do with this.

Oh, oh, do me now.

Why, Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise of course

Genode on seL4.

rn windows 10 but on my laptop i got debian. Btw, why the fuck KDE as a DE is so fucking beautiful but so fucking glitched?

Bedrock GNU/Linux

Based

MacOS uses the XNU kernel.

Windows 7. Nothin tops it.
[spoiler]also fedora on 2015 xps[/spoiler]

He might be using this: github.com/minexew/Shrine

Attached: 15334748865920.png (867x720, 284K)

Is fedora more stable than Ubuntu?

W10 for games
OSX at work
Debian for freelance jobs

Haven't had any issues so far.

I changed from ubuntu to fedora, because of ubuntu's instability. Havn't distrohopped for years because of fedora.

OS X Leopard.

Attached: im-spiderman.jpg (640x709, 44K)

Linus Torvalds has turned gay now.
He loves sucking a nice big fat CoC

GNÜ :DDD

>*blocks your path*
Excu-
>What OS are you using user?
Excuse me.
>What OS are you using user?
I'm walking, not using a OS.
>I m-
EXCUSE ME.
*continues walking*
Stupid snowautists.

>walking while not using an OS
>unironically

Attached: 1530461542028.jpg (915x1200, 121K)

Linux :3 (Kubuntu)

>computer is painfully old, doesn't like standard WinXP

Attached: notspeccy.jpg (899x550, 94K)

macOS

Windows Vista :^)

Debian Stable on t420, Suse tumbleweed on my x220, FreeBSD on my Vikings workstation. Lineage on mobile.

>500MHz
Try NetBSD, AROS or Haiku OS.

Ganoo + Lineux

gentoo with kernel version 4.14.83

GNU/Linux/KDE/Firefox, or as I started to call it, GNU+Linux+KDE+Firefox