Why Linux users don't talk about the choppy scrolling on Firefox when using smooth scroll?

Why Linux users don't talk about the choppy scrolling on Firefox when using smooth scroll?

youtube.com/watch?v=IF4Dhnz7OWg
Youtube video for a better explanation (the proposed fix doesn't work).

Open Firefox and just try to scroll the Jow Forums main page with your mouse wheel with smooth scroll enabled or automatic scrolling (you can find it under preferences). On Windows is butterly smooth, where on Linux is a choppy mess.
I can't believe I'm the only one that noticed that annoying problem. The only few people that have noticed this problem and have decided to address it on bugzilla or Firefox Forum have been told to disable the smooth scroll. I can't stand that kind of answer from the last usable non-botnet browser.

>inb4: tranny SJW jokes about Firefox
>inb4: op can't inb4

Attached: firefox_7DjnObNN6L.png (1284x686, 962K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aL730w2Yt00?t=114
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, I'm not using Firefox anymore, so I don't have anything to bitch about.

This is why I use chromium

I fuckin hate smooth scrolling on PCs, I disable it by editing config if I have to, so I wouldn't notice.

it doesn't bother me all that much

This. I never have it turned on.

And that's a huge problem, honestly. Firefox should be the business card of Linux distros, since it comes preinstalled and the most important application in a modern pc is the browser. People switching to something else because Firefox can't do simple things like "Pixel perfect smooth scroll" it bothers me. A lot.

And it seems a problem from forever. Just look here: youtu.be/aL730w2Yt00?t=114
(ignore the pajeet part of the video)

Quantum sucks dick. I use Waterfox and Brave now. I don't care about your opinion of either, and I can guarantee I've heard all your arguments against WF and Brave before.

Mozilla made their choice, and I've made mine.

Don't use x11 and switch to wayland. No matter what wayland implementation i used, scrolling in firefox was smooth as fuck. It seems like even xwayland is better than using full x11.

I've already switched to Wayland or Xwayland. The problem is still here.

I don't know what Firefox is or does sorry

He doesn't read the inb4

Bad user

It's an evil demon fox who steals the Internet in its sleep, there is nothing to worry about.

Did you enable hw_compositing in firefox? It goes by layers.acceleration.force-enabled
It's disabled by default because firefox hates free software. You can check in about:support

I don't have any choppiness bothering me. Running Kubuntu 18 & FF out-of-the-box. I've played vidya on a 144hz screen so I'm not blind to choppiness, and there's no problem for me here.

Smooth Scrolling is a tool of the Jews

Works for me

Latest Firefox on Mint with Nvidia drivers.

I don't use smooth scrolling.

Seems smooth enough for me.

Attached: output.webm (896x503, 2.82M)

I will be honest with you: That's Firefox' last problem at the moment.

It would already help, if they at least stayed true to their words ("protecting your privacy"), meanwhile they are doing everything to make that as difficult as possible.
Sure, still better than Chrome, but that can't really be the standard to measure by.
Would have switched to IceCat ages ago, but there is simply no working Debian repository for that.

Really? I'm on debian and I got mine working. Granted it's one of the few things on debian I've gotten to work without much hassle. Is it just me or is debian stable like 20 years behind everyone else? Every time I have a problem installing a program it's because when I compile it tells me a dependency is missing or out of date, and when I try to install debian informs me I've already got the latest version.

I read once it was supposed to be in the GNUzilla repository, but there either was no IceCat package in there, or the whole thing was down. I don't remember.
What do you use?

I remember getting mine in there. Had to compile from source iirc but I got it working after my dumbass figured out how makefiles work and I installed some dependencies.

Do you have a cron job that takes care of updating IceCat, or do you do that manually?
One of the biggest advantages of switching to Linux - in my perception - has been that the system takes care of keeping everything up-to-date without any major work-load on you.
That completely goes down the drain, if you have to _manually_ compile from source every fucking time there is an update.

>Why Linux users aren't truthful when talking about issues?
Stockholm syndrome, mental illness, or maybe they are just garbage. Who knows.

Works on my machine
wait I don't use smooth scroll

Kde doesnt have this problem.

So you made the switch to linux but you still use firefox which is owned by mr.soros who is a billionaire who owns a big stake in netflix and many media outlets that sell ads? Just get ungoogled chromium.

lunix can do no bad because my freedumbs