So again, why was MPEG4 adopted as the standard video output format?

So again, why was MPEG4 adopted as the standard video output format?
What happened to wmv, flv and avi?

Attached: mpeg4.jpg (200x200, 8K)

>proprietary garbage and trash containers
I have no idea

>mkv doesn't exist

mkv is only a container format you fucking retard

why do you hate mpeg?

Go back

It’s like you don’t know what MPEG is.

>wmv. proprietary lock-in
Microshit
>flv
Flash shit adobe cucked same issues as wmv but worse
>AVI
huge file size, not bandwidth friendly
There are your answers OP

>wmv
MS' own patent covered, closed garbage. Nobody ironically or unironically liked it ever.
>flv
is a container designed to be used with flash which is dead
>avi
is another container from an age long forgotten.

Is everyone here fucking retarded?

MPEG4 is just a container file format

You're on Jow Forums.

.mp4 =/= MPEG-4 you fucking retard. MPEG-4 is a whole bunch of standards. Shitty marketing has made everyone think that MPEG-4 is just the h.264/AVC codec and the .mp4 container format and then further confusing those to be the same thing, whereas those are just part 10 and part 14 of the MPEG-4 standard.

>avi
>700.0 MB
every fucking time. was there a transcoding application in the old days that would code avi according to file size?

I assume it was so they would fit on a CD-R

>be me and pirate neon genesis
>it’s in h265 despite it being 1080p and not 4K
>won’t play on my set top box because of this.
Grrr

i remember pirating dbz and each episode would be a 50mb rmvb
*cracks open can* those were the good old days *sip*

That was basically mandated by scene release rules back in the day, everything was split into 700mb files to fit one one cdr.

wasn't random that files were 700 MB, people transcoded with the goal of making it fit on a CD. There's only so many movies you can put on a 60 GB HDD..

The most pathetic part of this is that ... I went through my "CD" collection of burned divx files a while ago and it was all unwatchable trash quality. Seemed great in 1999 but now.. it's just trash. same with mp3s from that area.

Good taste

I remember playing .oma files on my walkman player. I remember it because the damn thing still works, even if you can't shove files onto it without JSymphonic and an encryption key file.

>was there a transcoding application in the old days that would code avi according to file size
autogk
scene and their file sizes mang

So you're saying that rotational velocidensity is real?