/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread:

Attached: 1548296166293.jpg (707x1000, 505K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

working on getting a job and not being a NEET
goodbye haskell

Attached: 1547913356751.png (600x800, 141K)

why do all haskelltards post anime
you're giving anime a bad name

Attached: 1549310003146.png (1280x720, 891K)

Should I return at the first error or continue and print all errors?

I have a desktop application that must interact with an embedded linux based peripheral over some kind of communication method and I don't know shit about this. I mean it's not literally what I'm doing right now but it's something I'd like some pointers on.

Reminder to capitalize your sentences, capitalize your I's, spell your words correctly i.e. don't take idiotic shortcuts like "rite", "u", "ur" etc and end your sentences with a full stop unless asking a question.

use printf (always (it is professional debugging)}

>What are you working on, Jow Forums?
A program that clicks inside another program using pyautogui and opencv.
I thought I had it all figured out, I have to confirm the status of some checkboxes, and so I check if it's checked/unchecked as appropriate, and if not toggle it. It worked perfectly for 2 different checkboxes, but the third just doesn't.

Why are computers so stupid

pseud detected

Dumb ESL detected.

return early

What is golang good for?

>continue
After a fucking error? Insanity.
You're supposed to use GCC as a reference of what not to do, not what to do.

Literally nothing

Shitposting

It's like C but garbage collected and not fast.
I.e. 200% absolutely fucking USELESS, given that C was already 100% useless.

gatekeeping the brainlets.

Go is the most brainlet language.

nothing

It's like a language for dumb people, and most people are dumb, so instead of having to hire smart people, companies can use Go and hire retards and still get shit done, it is literally the future of programming.

containing all the brainlets*
it's late

It's okay I forgive you.

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js-rocks.png (1000x494, 368K)

>top of my class in theoretical Phyiscs
>need to keep looking up how to do the 'clever maths' for Project Euler solutions because I can't figure it out myself
t-this is normal if you're new to this kind of programming, right anons? I'm not retarded, r-right?

Attached: amiretarded.png (1014x720, 1.02M)

Project Euler is basically an extended exercise in number theory and """dynamic""" programming. It's not very relevant.

Sorry to break it to you, user

Attached: Screenshot_20190209-082231_Chrome.jpg (1080x2158, 1.08M)

cope
harder

>>top of my class in theoretical Phyiscs
nerd

Did I say I have trouble with it? I'm just saying it's not relevant. It's ultimately just a game.

I was listening to this
youtube.com/watch?v=MV_3Dpw-BRY
and made a fizzbuzz
fn main() {
for i in 1..102 {
match (i%3, i%5) {
(0, 0) => println!("FizzBuzz"),
(0, _) => println!("Fizz"),
(_, 0) => println!("Buzz"),
(_, _) => println!("{}", i)
}
}
}

Attached: 1538268566862.gif (500x691, 1.27M)

That's a cute fizzbuzz Akari-chan but you should learn a real programming language like C++26.

>this level of cope

the real akari poster uesrs C

>tfw solved all of project euler in two days using haskell

making mediocre programmers productive

microsounds is dead, the new akari poster uses Rust

Attached: 1540435921677.jpg (640x632, 31K)

i didded project euler in assembly i wroted of assembler and operating sysyem os myself hee hee

>what is golang good for?
working at google

>didded
>wroted
You should've done an English course instead.

struct TickEvent {
struct Pre : TickEvent {};
struct Post : TickEvent {};
};

>error C2504: 'TickEvent': base class undefined

public class TickEvent {
public class Pre extends TickEvent {}
public class Post extends TickEvent {}
}

>works

java confirmed better than sepples

Fake news

How do you force yourself to program every day?
How do you come up with new ideas when you already made everything you thought about?

>tfw computer science degree
>tfw forgot every thing you know about programming because you have no incentive and there's nothing you want to program
>tfw I also am unsure if technology is even a good thing further taking away all motivation
>have no idea how I'm going to get a job or support myself

I just woke up one day years ago and realize that not only is this stuff kind of lame. It's god awful. All of it.

you need a deadline

yeah programming is pretty lame

You're 100% a pseud. Fucking tech autists. I hope the English language is morphed and corrupted beyond repair in your lifetime.

>How do you come up with new ideas when you already made everything you thought about?
how the fuck do you run out of new ideas?
you must be a very boring person

This is me desu

I thought making games might be fun but even that's kind of pointless when Unity exists

I don't think you can describe someone who doesn't program for fun boring.

gr*mmarian detected

assuming this isn't just bait (it is), you can easily create a binary with similar efficiency to a C program and throw it on a remote server where it'll just werk. It's one of the easiest languages to use to write web APIs.

I'm sorry for not being a retarded monkey nigger.

tf is a pseud
is it a programming thing

and what's an ESL too

physicists are known to struggle with real math, it's normal user

>tf is a pseud
It's a term retards use.

>calls others retarded
>is actively retarding himself

Don't you dare call programming real math

i was thinking of number theory and abstract algebra, but sure, go ahead

The physics guy here, I'm fucking great at algebra and that but apparently really unfamiliar with number theory. Really hoping just doing a bunch of these projects will fix that and I'll get smart somehow, wondering if that's more or less the experience of anyone who now is good at these types of problems or if I need to do something else

or if I'm just retarded

I wish that was all project euler required
It's so frustrating that I can't program at all. I write out solutions to euler and then I just can't implement them. I fucking hate computers man. And that's just sour grapes because I failed out of CS into Math in college

>Spelling words correctly
>"actively retarding himself"
Ok retard

Attached: Untitled.png (461x555, 9K)

based meido throwing trash away

How does that help with getting new ideas?

Attached: 1528456178795.png (1278x720, 765K)

>I'm fucking great at algebra and that but apparently really unfamiliar with number theory
unlikely, considering the very obvious parallels between abstract algebra and number theory. i honestly can't even imagine what an extensive abstract algebra course that doesn't teach you the basics of number theory and eventually ventures into algebraic number theory looks like.

you'd be the first math student i meet that has any trouble programming. sorry bud.

>nothing you want to program
Can someone be this retarded? how the fuck do you run out of stuff to program? you must be a very boring person

>mental illness

Sure whatever dude but I'm getting first's in all my modules that are basically nothing but high level calculus so idk what to tell you

Attached: 1548845192985.5.png (1278x720, 708K)

Uncute

important question
does this image display more confusion than this image or is it the other way around?

# include

int main(){
for(int i=1; i

Attached: 1544216130543.png (300x200, 137K)

Attached: 1548845192985.75.png (1278x720, 613K)

Is this really an important question?

Attached: 1549247786077.png (535x466, 182K)

>she'd rather discuss haskell vs d

Attached: 1548277643973.jpg (500x700, 133K)

i'm not sure whether this is more confused or less confused than the other two either

yes, please help

more question marks = more confused
they all have the same number of question marks so they are all equally confused, but more confused than

Your sentences are all closely related furthermore the first two are rather short; please realize that there's appropriate punctuation marks within English that one should learn, specifically the colon, and semi-colon.

i disagree with your opinion

bad grammar in this post
well then you're wrong, faggot

i will not accept that the function mapping images to their confusion isn't injective.
go fuck yourself you shitnozzle.

the pressure forces you to. even if you can only come up with bad ideas that you don't consider 'ideas', having a deadline will force you to pick one and do it anyway.

that's Sir Jective to you, peasant

So you mean it's not possible for two images to display the exact same amount of confusion?
That sounds weird, or I've misunderstood injective functions.

He thinks it's not possible for two different images to have the same level of confusion

Studying web dev but I feel like I'm running circles. I obsess myself about mastering things. I should move from JS already fuck.

Also, is being a black woman a free pass? I keep seeing clueless ones getting jobs.

Mathematically unlikely

i expect confusion to be strictly and totally ordered

So you've analysed parallel universes and determined the possibility of different confusion-image assignments?

It depends on entropy in the image, how good and cute is the anime facial expression, and number/size of question marks.

Attached: 1549427519307.png (696x678, 174K)

porting my elixir program to haskell

write a neural network to predict the confusion level of anime images

i'd imagine the point in time in the confusion process can play a role as well, and the order of the question marks may induce an order on the points in time - but what is the order in the images i linked and how does the point in time relate to the confusion ? ? ?
do animes get more confused as time progresses? less confused? do aligned question marks indicate that the anime is less confused or that the confusion has reached a state where the anime is aware of its confusion??
?

i'm an anime girl and you're confusing me

i don't like you and will not collaberate with your kind any further to solve this problem
please leave

Single entry, multiple exits: yay or nay?

are you a mass shooter?