/hpg/ - Headphone General

>Requesting purchase advice
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

>Jow Forums headphone wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __nakano_miku_go_toubun_no_hanayome_drawn_by_luminous__6b65a7100ba112bceecd4e3e909aebcd.jpg (2199x2787, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf
audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/audibility-of-distortion-at-bass/total-harmonic-distortion-thd
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no bulge
eww

ear speaker general

Attached: pfr-v1.jpg (864x864, 336K)

/nbg/ - No bass general

By the way since I forgot it earlier, my ranking of the headphones here would be L700 > Lambda Pro > HD800S > Audeze Sine.

Attached: 799B79B0-2D28-42CE-83BD-CF1A3FF3BE27.jpg (3972x2177, 1.8M)

>/HDG/ HD600 general

I thought new lambdas didn't need a dust cover

Kinda expected. What about a ranking of all things you've heard rather than just the one you own/have in the pic?

I have one for fun
Just the ones I own for now. I wouldn’t be able to rank everything I’ve heard because there’s too fucking much and I honestly can’t compare them fairly without a side by side.

anything else is a meme

Attached: D3S_8255-1200.jpg (1200x1710, 210K)

Ear bleeding trebble is truly the best sound signature

>he needs nigger-tier bass

Imagine being dumb enough to conflate excessive treble with not enough bass.

niggers are cool
therefore bass is cool
Q.E.D.

>niggers are cool

Attached: abc.png (600x592, 111K)

he wrote Q.E.D. at the end which makes it true

What is the experience of demoing in a store like? I'm in San Francisco for work for about 10 days and there are several hifi stores here and I want to demo some shit but i have no intention of buying anything while im here. I always feel awkward when I walk into a store and then walk back out without buying anything. The thought of making some wagecuck going through all the effort to put together a setup only for me to walk out without buying anything really makes me feel like a dick

Attached: San_Francisco_is_gone.jpg (1130x1428, 241K)

Nigs may be dumb but they did invent jazz which was the original “cool”. So they pretty much are the definition of cool.

That's not what I said

Attached: 1540851154895.png (517x600, 111K)

You listen to a bunch of headphones, understand that it's not worth it. That's it

They’re used to it. If you feel really guilty you can thank them and say you appreciate their effort, the usual drill, but most hifi shops understand if you try without buying. You could even go so far as to claim that X headphone is on your consideration and you’ll think about it.

Can anyone give me a cheap option to the ModMic? I’m a poorfag
Preferably wireless too to reduce cable clutter

>Preferably wireless too to reduce cable clutter
Don't be a poorfag then. You think this comes at poorfag prices?

>What is the experience of demoing in a store like?
sennheiser staff in san fran hovered over me and my friend while we listened to the HD800/HD800S like we were going to steal it. told my friend he was listening too loudly and that he will damage the HD800, my friend got into a heated argument about their flagship setup easily being damaged under normal operating conditions. dropped the HD800 on the table from a height, sennheiser rep went silent, and then we walked out.

they are pretentious over there, don't worry about upsetting them.

A part time job at Mickey D’s.

I can find chinkshit wireless lav mics for $20, surely there can be some more appropiorate for headphones

>sennheiser staff in san fran hovered over me and my friend while we listened to the HD800/HD800S like we were going to steal it. told my friend he was listening too loudly and that he will damage the HD800
Well it's not the rep's fault your friend is used to $50 gaming headsets. He probably saw you as that kind of person.

Sennheiser stores are just fucking autism. Like that shit in Orpheus rooms where you have to use their music. Like what the fuck?

Use that then. If there were wireless mics made for headphones then more people would be raving about it.

my friend makes well into 6 figures and has an LCD-X. I told the rep when we walked in that we were interested in buying the HD800. he was thinking of casually buying it too. I brought my $1k ZMF to compare with.

Sapphire will say absolutely anything to justify any retardation from his pet company.

yeah I was going to sign up for the orpheus audition but fuck that. other people have had bad experiences with that store too. sennheiser is super autistic about appearances to the point of condescension. axel grell thinks headphones with subbass are "boom boom headphones"

>my friend makes well into 6 figures and has an LCD-X. I told the rep when we walked in that we were interested in buying the HD800
Well he's in charge of looking over it so no one steals it. Your friend probably gave vibes of looking like a poorfag. It's his job on the line if someone does steal it or break it.

t. falseflagging staxcel

the hovering is whatever, he should have shut up and made one or two easy sales

>axel grell thinks headphones with subbass are "boom boom headphones"
I don't know about that. This is what he considers his magnum opus, the HD820, sold at the highest prices of all Sennheiser headphones outside of the statement Orpheus.

Attached: really.png (1228x712, 103K)

If you can somehow find an Orpheus that's not at a Sennheiser run store I would go for it. I did that and they let me play my own music for 2 hours straight while I shittalked it on /hpg/. Otherwise just don't even bother, you'll have gay boomer shit on TIDAL shoved up your asshole.

>Good headphones can reproduce everything. The better they are, the better they transport the emotions in the music. I don’t need boom-boom headphones for hip-hop, for example. I prefer HD 800 S or HE 1.
I wasn't paraphrasing him, I was quoting him.
eh I've never really cared about the orpheus it's a waste of my time

Yeah I remember that statement but that may just be generic defense of their totl product. Look at the 820 again. This has more bass than a DT770 for fuck's sake, particularly midbass bloat.

It’s interesting to experience it because it does have a way of instrument separation that I think is unparalleled. But it’s also ridiculous to look at, gets uncomfortable due to the heat after 20 minutes, and generally sounds like a massive disappointment and utterly boring.

it measures just like the DT1770 which is just an open back converted into closed. that bass hump is what happens when you do that. it's clear that they just stuck a cover on the HD800 and called it a day. not sure why you are defending axel grell or sennheiser, these people are scammers who whisper sweet nothings into your ears to convince you their products are worth buying.

Attached: dt1770.png (614x354, 37K)

Well fortunately I'm not interested in senns right now. Does anyone know of any stores in SF that have stax to demo?

audio vision might have them but they are also very rude. another user here had a bad experience with them.
>I've been to Audio Vision SF, the staff there were very rude and wouldn't let me touch their Utopias because I wasn't ready to lay down $3000 right then and there. I don't remember if they had stax but they might.

bird user help i restarted my PC and forgot about the IRC now i dunno how to contact again and the client is not letting me move the window

just use riot you goofball. you can even use discord/irc from it

Attached: 3F6C5ACC-2E87-41B8-A2B1-E24953AC1541.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

>floor user woke up
good thing I have to leave for a wedding

Attached: 1539410804974.jpg (944x719, 97K)

Attached: 4126E5A3-4090-46C9-94C4-53DA5530A340.jpg (4032x3024, 2.1M)

this is the absolute state of average sennheiser owner
>ratty earpads, because it's kinda hard on the wallet to replace when healthy
>taped together headband
>using ancient model from before he was born

Attached: poverty.jpg (1456x1941, 154K)

Those have the HD580 cup design, so they can't be that old.

Meanwhile in my home...

Attached: DSC_0307.jpg (2160x3840, 3.06M)

>so they can't be that old.
hyperbole, my dude, hyperbole! don't take the fun away!
>Meanwhile in my home...
Are these your real daily drivers?

Any good headphones for a big head with a detachable 3.5mm cable?

I use speakers most of the time, but these are in fact my only home use headphones. I've been meaning to try to restore them because they're nearly antiques at this point, but I'm regularly refreshing Ebay hoping I can cop a mint pair instead. Also I've been meaning to expand my gear but I wanna wait until after my upcoming move.

I still wouldnt know how to contact bird user again

>Budget
$150 flexible
>Location
Murrica
>Source
Galaxy S8
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Semi-Comfy
>Past headphones
HD600 (boring), HE400(fun but harsh), He400i, HE-500(current headphones and favorite)

Looking for something to compliment my HE-500 on the road if that's possible.

heh

Sorry, didn't know they broke off. Been a bit since I've been to hpg

HA-FX99X

u have my youtube right?
hit that up ;3

Max bass on your EQ

Attached: 1549551684387.png (478x456, 407K)

Attached: 6D0ED459-FEF7-4B9D-89FF-54C489A636A8.jpg (2581x2425, 1.6M)

oh ye

Like just leave a comment or what?

>glasses squeak under the pads
fuck you dad and your shit genetics

yes

>HURR DURR IT'S POPULAR SO THAT MEANS ITS BAD

No one ever gives legitimately good reasons not to buy or recommend this as a budget pair of headphones

ESPECIALLY the Sennheiser shills

Attached: 81Hajq6vPiL._SY679_.jpg (413x679, 44K)

i have a good reason. they sound like utter garbage compared to ksc75 and portapros and cost literally 10x as much.

>ksc75
lol

Attached: Koss KSC75 - raw.png (640x444, 60K)

ok

oooooooooooooooooooooof
using frequency response when i was arguing sound
nah nah nah here's the deal newbie
ok so frequency response will give u what range it can do, the big one u wanna see with the m50x is how clear they are
...they are not clear. they have heavy distortion.
the ksc75 have extreme clarity which is way more important than bass and treble fr.

>...they are not clear. they have heavy distortion.
innerfidelity.com/images/AudioTechnicaATHM50x.pdf
lol

yeah please go to your nearest microcenter and demo them
you'll see what i mean

i dont like m50x but they're far better than the ksc75

please go demo them.
you can just buy ksc75, they're 15 bucks. m50x are on demo at normal computer stores.
hell bring your ksc75 and your phone/dap and do a side by side.

no the koss is legitimately shit and the m50x is overrated but still is a better headphone

if you dont believe me the sr850 is a 30 dollar headphone and it shits on the m50

your comment hits very close to home. My friend got those AT-50s and I got sennheiser 599s, both about the same price, and I looooved the sennheisers more. They were much more comfortable and felt high quality.

Take it from someone who tried both.

I-i w-want to marry her!

Distortion measurements are a difficult thing. People have for too long just looked at random graphs from people of varied technical competence to determine things they don't understand and just parrot.
audioholics.com/loudspeaker-design/audibility-of-distortion-at-bass/total-harmonic-distortion-thd
KSC75 are a cheap headphone and they do have distortion that I will dare say is audible if you crank the volume too high, but they sound far better than the m50x still.
I own all pic related. I don't hate Audio Technica but the m50x are godawful. A550Z and MSR7 are much better picks if you stick to the brand.

Attached: ath.jpg (691x922, 165K)

>enjoying my king of upper-midfi

Attached: 1524327510156.jpg (513x769, 63K)

i mean i gave him a genuine reason but he just shit on it. so that's why nobody gives him "legitimate" reasons, because he has that nice buyer's remorse.

Enjoying your HD600s?

midfi, not mudfi

How do i eq to bring out the bassguitar in metal?

hehehehe

depends on ur ears and equipment, id tinker with the low end bars and just keep adjusting them till it sounds right, maybe toy around with the middle if you're trying to hear the strings being strummed

Midfi, not summit-fi

Based.

I have bose qc35

>anime girls aren't real
Why live?

ok do the same thing, just adjust them to a different amount for the bose

>How do i eq to bring out the bassguitar in metal?
>I have bose qc35
Are you trying to drown the songs?

AHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 10_ways_Android_is_just_better_-_YouTube_-_Google__2019-02-09_22-26-41.png (994x640, 1.02M)

What did he mean by this?

the fuck is that chink's gender?

I thought chinks were genderless aliens that reproduced by parthenogenesis?

It's a hapa

I own a i7-8700K but understands that the i9-9900K is faster based on objective data.
I own a GTX 1080 Ti but understands that the RTX 2080 Ti is faster based on objective data.
I own a HD600 but I don't see any legitimate reason to upgrade because nothing is better based on objective data.

How do you faggots expect me to suffer from buyer's remorse when there's nothing to remorse over?

Honestly, I'll just buy a good speaker setup next.

>download two different releases of one album
>between the two the left and right channels are reversed

Attached: 1508357344939.gif (529x720, 296K)

>I own a i7-8700K but understands that the i9-9900K is faster based on objective data.
>I own a GTX 1080 Ti but understands that the RTX 2080 Ti is faster based on objective data.
How the hell do we have the same gear user?

Also I bought the HD 600 and thought it was boring and returned them.

Welcome to modern recording. Also terrible rips if you're pirating.