RedGamingTech: Sources indicate Navi indeed delayed until October

youtube.com/watch?v=C-ADUTbE5S0

>RedGamingTech says multiple sources have indicated Navi October delay is now likely the case

Attached: 1457288237478.png (653x726, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/hardware/amd-says-india-has-become-its-biggest-pc-chip-market/articleshow/65599516.cms
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No bros...

Attached: 1536289335409.png (1543x1615, 3.75M)

I don't even remember any official sources saying when navi was going to be released so how is it delayed?

They are waiting to develop raytracing capability with driver.

>official sources
>not AMD themselves

Attached: Navi 2018.png (1913x1075, 613K)

JUST [spooiler]wait[/spooiler]

A 2018 navi probably wouldn't have been 7nm, so we're getting a better product

bros.. i've been holding.. what do they mean by this..

Just buy an RTX lol

roadmaps change all the time, goy. you of all people should know that, intelbro

>1660ti launching next week
>1660 launching the first week of march
this kills amd's chances of getting any mid-low end market money

>While the price of the GTX 1660 Ti is rumored to be $279, these early listings put them at around $400. Videocardz.com grabbed quite a few screenshots and some blurry images of these cards from the source.
hmmm

1660ti $280
1660 $230
according to hardocp a couple of days ago.

Will AMD lower the price of the 580 and 590 then?

Probably some cringy strix cards from europe sites.

HEY HEY LISTEN

AMD is fucking hopeless with GPUS.

Attached: 1482729083998.jpg (512x384, 31K)

>we're getting a better product
A better product than the one that hasn't been shown and didn't come out? No shit, idiot

This is literally from 2016. They probably didn't even start working on it yet

You can literally get the 2060 from a number of sites, including EVGA's own site, for $350

The 1660TI is not going to be $400, it's just retarded retailers being greedy jews.

it's all thanks to the fucking shitskin poolord
we need to nuke india and china

He's Canadian

you need to attack the problem at its source user
destroying any genetic lineage to him would be better than just destroying him
that being said, canada deserves a nuke for separate reasons

Well, maybe for once it'll have actually working drivers at release and not that broken garbage of vii.

Wasn't there always something coming in late 2019? Might be the navi apu or the console designs.

>priorities big bux EBYN2 instead of desktop pleb Navi
>muh AMD BTFO!
brainlet thread for brainlet people

Way too late.The midrange segment will be filled with 1660/ti's by that time.

Just sell RTG to Intel and focus on CPUs.

It's gonna flop badly anyway so who cares. It's still fucking GCN, anno Domini 2011. If they're not pouring any serious money into new architecture R&D then RTG is really in deep shit.

no thanks, Shlomo. AMD is gonna cash in with PS5 and MS chips.

>279
>midrange
Hahahahahah

Great, I guess I will keep using my RX 580 for another year ...

Attached: pcef4qh.jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

Yes? The 1060 6GB launched at $300

> actually working drivers at release and not that broken garbage of vii.
Not broken drivers - yes, but actually working is a stretch. It took them four years to polish Polaris drivers to the extent where they're comparable to the Hawaii.

>consoles
>cash in
lower profit margin the low end gpus on pc market

Raja walked in thinking he could just have the driver team fix everything like he did with VLIW. Turns out nuAMD is retarded and sucks at software. At least he pushed out the turd that is rocm

10-15% margins at the launch of this current gen, and they said >20% after like a year. For AMD that's basically the same if not better margin than their big GPUs. VII is supposedly straight up a loss, i.e. negative margins, but obviously using salvaged MI60s so a necessity

it's still pennies compared to data centres and workstation cards

The margins for professional products actually aren't as amazing as people think because there's an ongoing support factor that most companies usually don't factor in. B2B support in general is different from consumer customer support, you can't just blow your clients off and play ring around the rosie like oems do with consumers. And pro cards come with even higher expectations. When you do fuck up you get Nvidia v. Apple, which resulted in Apple dropping Nvidia almost altogether from their products. They probably didn't expect it because of how far they were ahead in mobile GPUs, and most companies provide excellent support to avoid big hits like that.

Meant for

GPU architectures take almost 5 years to create, it was under development well before this

Nice, looks like the price of my 1070 will still be high when I go to sell it since based on leaks it still smokes both of those.

100% right. That's why AMD aims for servers Frist with EBYN2 instead of low end/low margin GPU market.

>it's another shill thread
nuke india

Attached: 1487634985388.png (229x259, 113K)

But India is AMD's biggest market?

wrong. intel sells the most CPU's there
>implying poo's can afford dGPU's

>sourcing RedGamingTech here
I remember when nobody here talked about him so I started doing it and nobody gave a shit but then when AdoredTV came out it was all over Jow Forums like it was an obssesion. I don't know if his channel took off or not but when he introduced that faggy little kid I though it was over for him.

it's regularly around 270 in germoney but supply shortens day by day

economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/hardware/amd-says-india-has-become-its-biggest-pc-chip-market/articleshow/65599516.cms

>but when he introduced that faggy little kid I though it was over for him.
Elaborate?

no wonder amd is shit these days

Undercut/outperform them because the 1660ti is going to be underwhelming

Intel and Nvidia just incrementally update their archs too. New names don't mean shit

>underwhelming
According to what? If it performs better than the 580 and 1060 all the poorfags will upgrade to the1660. July was already late, but October is way way too late.

JUST WAIT

Barely better than the 1060 or rx 580. I don't think Nvidia will want it taking sales from the 2060, so for poorfags who are building their first pc and want the nvidia name

the scottish neet gave us false hope

Attached: just had enough.png (342x356, 136K)

In the early days of RedGamingTech it was just him talking about CPU and GPU architectures but after 1 or 2 years he took a backstep and introduced a kid that changed his format to a streaming-like gaming channel talking gaming stuff with a gaming video as a background. I thought his channel would't last much longer then I dropped Youtube. I hope his channel survived the adpocalipse.

Nobody who owns a 580 or 1060 will upgrade to a 1660 for 15% improvement. People are going to have to come to terms with the fact if you want a higher standard of performance you're going to need to pay more money than you did before.

The days of doubling your performance for the same money are long gone.

Ah, so he's a boipucci connoisseur.

>The days of doubling your performance for the same money are long gone.
You just have to wait 6 years

Not if you either starve the market or just starve Nvidia.

Plenty of people using the 1050ti will upgrade to this 1660, guaranteed. Plenty of people don't want to touch AMD cards (and for good reasons)

Yeah I guess I should have added "In a reasonable time frame"

I would bet by 2022 AMD puts out a card that's double an RX 580 for $200. Assuming their GPU division is still in business.

>building new pc
>poorfag with $200 for gpu
>only decent option is a 2 years old 580
What the f*ck happend? I remember back then you could buy a nice recent midrange card for that money ...

>poorfags wasting their money on overpriced trash twice

Their GPUs keep them in consoles and laptops so there will always be midrange cards I think. Hopefully they actually give their graphics arch some attention besides die shrinks going forward

>What the fuck happened?

Moore's law slowed down. Now to get major improvements they actually need huge R&D budgets to improve architectures rather than just shrinking the die

Rx 3080 will compete with rtx 2080.
Just wait

You now remember this.

Attached: 04300430543034.jpg (1080x1397, 154K)

Attached: lelfacegolden.png (327x316, 208K)

Hopefully the 7nm cards will greatly improve the perfermance per dollar. Maybe Vega 56 levels for around $230.

100 million ps4 consoles sold.

Pricing laughter aside, We all should have known it was bullshit based on those TDP values. AMD can't into efficiency.

An RX 570 is already fucking 150 W

Basically an AdoredTV tier channel

The scottish NEET lied to us again bros

Attached: 1488408453536.jpg (653x726, 138K)

FUCK YOU! He might still be right ... just wait ... I trust Jim ....

Attached: just had enough.png (342x356, 136K)

a-at least they'll release Ryzen 3 earlier right?

Attached: 1539718479152.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

amd cpus good
amd gpus bad

my 480 is still fine for 1080p60. I'll prob upgrade to 1440p144hz when navi comes out.

>Plenty of people using the 1050ti will upgrade to this 1660
>People are going to have to come to terms with the fact if you want a higher standard of performance you're going to need to pay more money than you did before

>>People are going to have to come to terms with the fact if you want a higher standard of performance you're going to need to pay more money than you did before

Good goy

I use amd. This situation is on all you faggots who bought nvidia.

Attached: 244ca03e4443734d22ef66ca82224ef03da0f8230a51ab9e5e29293dd63ee1f0.png (800x750, 132K)

>having to wait before you can just wait

>Missing the point he was making that the 1660 is more expensive than the 1050ti

Attached: brainlet 3.png (645x729, 32K)

why does Jow Forums care so much about the latest and greatest GPUs and which one got 5 extra frames in gta 5 when they don't want you to game on here?

Attached: 1548666402198.png (790x308, 17K)

NOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1506977173618.jpg (882x758, 324K)

because the majority of Jow Forums are actually /v/, there's just a vocal minority of codemonkey autists who can't stand that people actually like having fun with their computorz.

Jow Forums is full of people who don't want to lose face on an anonymous message board and so they pretend that they bought their GPUs primarily for something other than gayming, but then talk about nothing _but_ gaymen because "That's what most people are using them for"

yeah, okay.

It's expected to be on par with a 1070, aka 40% improvement. Will it get people to upgrade from a 1060 or 580? Probably not, will it get the people who had 960s and shit? Probably.

I don't care about the /v/ boogeyman and the muh toys argument, but I genuinely only need them for rendering and OpenCL.

I heard that the reason for the delay is because 7nm is getting used heavily, but that doesn't make sense because the only way 7nm is being used is if mobile is using up the capacity in place of Apple orders going down. But then the timeline doesn't make sense because the chips would need to be produced in advance now for the 7nm chips to be in the phones announced at Mobile World Congress. I also doubt Nvidia placed a large order of 7nm as well here, so it doesn't make sense it is being delayed for capacity reasons.

The other possibility that was floating around which seems more likely to me is that the initial tapeout for Navi went wrong somewhere and they need to redesign and redo it hence the delay. To me, it doesn't make too much sense that they would have problems with 7nm process since Radeon VII seems to have gone off without too much issues or delays as the pipecleaner product, so it seems to be like there is a design problem with the chip that makes it so it needs to go back. Any thoughts?

Maybe AMD wants to produce much more Ryzen 3 so they can release them earlier?

rx 580 is still solid mid range for 1080p
ppl are just looking at graphs and opinions without actually playing shit

WHERES MY 2400G UPGRADE

Of course it's bullshit.
But how are you going to farm clicks?

>wojaks
>goldfaces
>spam
>0 people quoting TSMC ER
The absolute state of Jow Forums.

>just sell your infinitely valuable GPU IP and axe yourself from lucrative markets like DC GPU
Said no one ever.
Actually way more than both.
Still a blip versus any kind of x86 revenues, but a noticable one.

Well if you read between the lines that not very suurprising
>AMD needs to put out one new high end GPU a year as promised to investor
>AMD rushes out Radeon VII and doesn't talk about Navi at all
Seems plausible that they meant to release mid end Navi Q2 and have high end Navi in Q4, but since they can't do it they rushed the VII and that means no Navi high end until 2019
As to why that delay is, could be anything from actual issues to waiting on pushing a new feature that they put in last minute.