OLD THINGS BAD

>OLD THINGS BAD
>NEW THINGS GOOD

Attached: 1549737456131.jpg (220x229, 4K)

New things are usually improved

yeah why did we ever think using more than 512MB was a good idea

Attached: 1523300523631.png (959x539, 997K)

>NEW THINGS BAD
>OLD THINGS GOOD

bluepilled cucked sjw shit: more than one core
redpilled minority oppressor: single core

>THINGS I LIKE GOOD
>THINGS I DON'T BAD

Whites are the minority

another retard being retarded on 4channel.
that's the same shit they were saying about horses and cars.

go fuck yourself.

This thread, along with the meme, is old, and it's bad.

engineer here.

Improved can just as often mean "cheaper to make" as "better"

of course, for the most part Jow Forums shit legitimately does get both better and cheaper as time goes on, as much as I like muh sansas and 7 row keyboards..

Find one practical use of Ada over Rust.

ORANGE CRAB BAD

Attached: 1544709762837.png (944x539, 57K)

Wrong, since long before you were born 'value engineering' has existed, the purpose of which is to make things shitty, but not quite so shitty that you won't buy them.

Before iPajeets wrote all the code 512MB of RAM was a luxury typically found in supercomputing centers.

>but not quite so shitty that you won't buy them.
Oh, enjoying that pentium 1 CPU with 64 Mb DDR1 RAM?

The npc normies think the opposite of this. They're hipsters.

Old good, new bad.

I use a Thinkpad X61s. It's max comfy.

You're missing the point though, all the frameworks and abstractions created to allow people who don't belong doing knowledge work to code have bloated everything without adding any function.

Everything on today's Internet existed in the 1990s except now it's in HD.

>ALL THINGS BAD

Attached: bad.png (500x462, 134K)

/thread

The thing is, it would run period software just as good as modern hardware runs modern software. Software "engineers" somehow got it in their head that there is an acceptable amount of slowness that programs are built around. So software rarely ever seems to run any faster, it just has more bloated shit in it to make it run the same.

haha people dont just make things again unless theyre gonna do it better... except maybe loser incels inlike you

Attached: downloadfile-3.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Old things that have lasted until even now are good but most old things are shit and have been superseded long ago.

this but unironically

>computers are faster than ever
>better fill it with more bloatshit to make it run as fast as it did before
what did they mean by this?

It's not about the number of rows but how the keys are made. Nobody likes chicklet keyboards, at best they are tolerated.

>formally verified
>an actual standard
Rust is like Swift, a beta language foisted on the public.

Just for an example...

Old Macs:
>real keyboard
>plethora of ports
>easily swapped and replaced battery, if you want unlimited battery life just buy a shit load of batteries
>fans to keep it cool so you can "create" "content" at max speed
>matte screen so you can see your work outside of darkened rooms
>will boot and run any OS supported on the platform

New Macs:
>chicklet keyboard
>two ports, both too new to plug anything into without a dongle
>sealed-in, glued-in battery, even if you take your computer apart replacing the battery is iffy at best
>no fans, computer stays throttled most of the time, no 60FPS 4K for you
>super shiny screen which is unusable unless you're in a photographic darkroom
>T2 security chip stops not only other OS's from working but stops professional audio and video hardware from working even if you get the right set of dongles to connect it all

OP here, I meant to post this thread as but I had a bout of dyslexia and fucked it up.

Nobody cares and it's too late now.

Attached: w.png (720x920, 162K)

>it just has more bloated shit in it to make it run the same.
Most people call those features.

You guys consider basic graphical user interfaces to be "bloat"

The scariest part is knowing it's mostly ineffective gains and placebo and yet keep on buying useless upgrades.

Attached: 1544355192199.jpg (580x435, 25K)

ummm i have money to spend i might aswell get something better??

Today's GUIs add no appreciable function over the ones which ran from a 512K ROM.

Cheaper and faster is kind of inherent as shit advanced, the main qualms people have with modern stuff is shit tier design marketed towards the widest consumer drone audience possible, often times removing or worsening features for no purpose.
For example, old cars got worse mileage and rode worse but they were much easier to maintain and more reliable. Or Jow Forums related could be laptops being hard or impossible to repair or upgrade compared to laptops just six years ago.

Attached: 7A73BEA2E60945B79F44620919FFEF71.jpg (500x353, 102K)

While the technical specs advanced the software side has degenerated at an equal pace, leaving us with computers no more responsive, capable, or useful than those available thirty years ago.

Did you know that the only proper completely conformant ieee floating point implementation was done on the Apple IIgs? Today's Intel can't do it, IBM couldn't do it in the 90s, nobody can actually make a computer which conforms to the most important computer spec out there.

>tfw fell for the 256 KiB RAM meme

Attached: 1508450657020.png (633x758, 293K)