Is it a good time to go back to old school phones ?

Is it a good time to go back to old school phones ?

I want it simple but still have 4g for urgencies.

Attached: 7972391B-F0B7-4A4D-9E4A-209C8D07D6E6.jpg (805x456, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dumb-phones.com.au/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I have one, complements my work-supplied smartphone very well. I sometimes run Telegram web on it and the 4G hotspot feature works well.

Nah technology has got to a point where ill be dumping my phone for a 4g LTE watch...too bad the only real option at the moment is the apple watch.

I make it a point to try and leave the house without my phone and go on long rides with just my gearfit 2 and BT T2 [picture related] feels liberating man not broadcasting my location.

Attached: IMG_7303.jpg (3264x2448, 3.89M)

I'd give my right nut for a Nokia 6260 "remake", or a new, similar compact and free-turning clam shell phone with modern specs.
Getting real sick of 10" glass panels with no physical buttons.

Attached: nokia 6260 twisted.jpg (615x461, 37K)

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*

Attached: original.jpg (400x400, 48K)

These things are HUGE as fuck, and have zero physical feel to the keyboard.
The fact that kids these days WANT their phones' screen to be 5" *minimum* is exactly the problem here.

Attached: Samsung asian flip-smart phone 2screen.jpg (1197x788, 144K)

I'm slowly becoming a boomer, just ordered a clamshell from a company called servo

For about 30$ aud you can get a metal construction bar phone, quad sim, fm radio, music and video playback (it has a shitty little screen ofc.), other standard dumb phones utilities, all a delusional paranoid fa/g/got needs .

Unfortunately most of these companies seem to cater to literal boomers with arthritis, or those who can't wrap their heads around nu-tech.

dumb-phones.com.au/

Attached: oldmike.jpg (418x420, 24K)

What's the point in having 4G on a dumb phone?

Having it actually work now and in the future.
There's literally places that have gotten rid of GSM and 2G networks. 3G is already like 15 years old, and will probably be eliminated next, just to open up more wave space for new inventions.

>the only real option at the moment is the apple watch.
It's not a real option as it still has to be tied to an iPhone. It won't work purely standalone.

absolutely yes user just browse through some older feature phones that you'd like & pick one that would suite your style & needs there's literally hundreds of em still out in the market that have been unlocked & still work

Attached: Nokia N95.jpg (300x400, 25K)

>n95
Nigga, I still want one really badly.
How bad are chinks refurbs?

there is no old school phones
everything is chink made

I just bought one for a little less then 100$ from an american site called electricforces,it actually arrived in decent shape considering the age of the phone itself

only issue is apparently whoever had the phone didn't wipe it completely as there were massive amounts of music & pictures from their coming and goings

>Is it a good time to go back to old school phones ?
Not really. Most of these things can't easily synchronize your contacts, they are shitty music players, can't be used as decent web browser or video viewer manga viewer and so on.

They usually don't support SIP, riot, mumble or whatever else you use for actual modern and possibly encrypted VoIP / internet telephony, so they even fail at the basic use: Making nicely encrypted "phone" calls with anyone who possibly supports it.

Fuckall support for encrypted mail either. Or encrypted connections to your own machines. And more flaws. They often don't even have talk time like some chinese smartphone.

Anyone remember when everyone used to joke about phones getting smaller and smaller.
People used to think the future of phones were little pea sized devices.

Seems the need for larger screen space has put an end to that.
The ONLY good thing to me about smart phones is the ability to browse the internet. But honestly, I'd give that up in a heartbeat now if it meant I could get a phone that didn't come with all these data farming bullshit apps.

> if it meant I could get a phone that didn't come with all these data farming bullshit apps
You can. Put LineageOS or any ROM you trust on any rooted Android phone. Install extra apps from f-droid. Feel free to deny any applications network access.

We were never closer to getting SOME control on phones than now. Symbian and all that proprietary crap definitely wasn't giving you any user control.

I'll be getting a Librem5 as soon as it's released for just that reason.

Punkt mp02 is your dude. Pricey though.

Attached: MP02-specs-dimensions_black.jpg.original.jpg (237x445, 22K)

So you can use it as a hotspot for your laptop or tablet.

These are not the feature phones of old. They still have network connectivity and run some apps, and they use KaiOS which receives millions of Google funding.
You have the slow navigation and clankyness of a feature phone but it still leaks your data to the ether like smartphone

Attached: kaios google.jpg (728x454, 28K)

Also GPL infringement and an abandoned gecko engine.

nokia 8110 4g would be nice feature phone but its keyboard is shitty. and kaios.

KaiOS is a botnet

Your best bet is getting an old Nokia e71 or similar

I just bought a nokia 3410 to replace the one that was my firts phone and i sold it for pennies ages ago
about to pull the trigger on razr

I wish they brought out a successor to the P300

Attached: samsung-p300.jpg (500x556, 47K)

I'm wondering what kind of new phone paradigm will come after modern slab smartphone

Sounds like Kyocera DuraXE is right up your alley.