Richard fucking stallman

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Richard Stallman smart computer man
>Richard Stallman not smart enough not to figure out that people say "linux" as an abbreviation for GNU/linux
>smart computer man has autistic fits of rage in public and hates how people say "open source" instead of "free software" when they mean the exact same fucking thing and he just wrongly assumes everyone sees them differently
Richard Stallman may be a computer genius but he is an autistic, incel retard who lacks basic common sense and was raised in a time where learning the lower levels of how computers worked was much easier than it is now due to most learning resources starting from the top and working their way downwards rather than starting from the ground up.

Attached: geniustard.jpg (640x360, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In short, he's most Jow Forums users but actually made (a few) useful things

gcc and ...?

The kernel is the OS.

Attached: linus_corrects_rms_8560.jpg (806x938, 337K)

Okay, he's most Jow Forums users and made maybe one useful thing at most

Attached: 1542572059667.jpg (1440x964, 128K)

redpilled and based

Attached: 'puter head.jpg (640x544, 69K)

I hope you know that this is fake

Dude, he stole emacs source from a magazine, bud.
He didn't do shit on gcc. He had a bunch of grad students write that up and he slapped his name on it like all other academics do.

>open source" instead of "free software" when they mean the exact same fucking
They don't. Shut your mouth if you don't know what you are taking about.

Yes, Android and Debian are 100% yhe same fucking os

youtube.com/watch?v=umQL37AC_YM

Yeah, they do. Users have access to source code in both situations; hence, they are the exact same thing.

Open source can still be proprietary (aka non free). Stop being retarded and check definitions before making arguments.

Based. The man does not waste his time on useless shit.

>tfw RMS will never come to your usergroup and ask you to install GNU/Linucks for him

>tfw I will never taste his feet cream

fraudulent and homosexual

I am truly blessed to have witnessed him sperg out irl. It was spectacular.

Greentext it

Fake or not it has valid points
like if a distro was built with non GNU software it shouldn't be called GNU/Whateverthefuck Linux
or KDE/XFree86/ssh/Gnu/Linux

>XFree86
I hope you realize it is dead

Ironically you sound just as insufferable as him. Fuck off.

Attached: 1537491078878.png (640x640, 901K)

yeah I know
Who even use XFree86 let alone still uses it?

>RMS saunters onstage
>Waddling like he's 9 months pregnant
>Kicks his shoes off and gets comfy
>Rock hard
>About 10min in some FSF members who organized the speech enter the auditorium
>Stops speaking and asks why they interrupted his lecture
>Hackerman explains they had some leftover GNU plushes from Ohio Linux Fest
>Oh fug
>RMS interjects for a moment all over the FSF volunteers face
>Gets so worked up he's out of breath for the next 45min of the lecture
>During Q & A one of you retards ask if they can have his DNA's source code
>Stallman calls it an inane question and refuses to answer
>Wraps it up with an incoherent plan to revolutionize the music industry for some reason
It was glorious

Dumb ass. Providing an open source implies that the user is free to modify the code anyway he or she wants.
You are just butthurt because Stallman is a fruitcake.

The tech community isnt aware of the crimes of the jews.
Linux was the cool part
We can do without the gnu thing