MIRC Security flaw BTFOs Boomers

Boomers who haven't discovered Discord & use Windows 7 because they can't get with the times have yet again been subject to a security flaw in the ancient boomer chat program mIRC.

>Fixed RCE vulnerability affecting all versions of mIRC
That may not sound funny to you - but now stop and consider that mIRC's been around since 1995. That's a long time to have such a fatal flaw.

Attached: irc-boomers-on-windows-7-btfo.png (1491x1287, 474K)

Electron has had countless flaws over the years. mIRC has had like 3?

>fatal flaw

piss off nobody died, muh deadly type confusion bugs, lethal rop chainz, homicidal logic bugs

patch and get on with your life

Nobody with a brain uses mIRC.

>mIRC
Nobody uses that shit, there are better FREE clients.
Discord has had many remote execution vulnerabilities also.

who uses mirc anyway? use hexchat like a normal person

(((Discord))) is run by furfags who scrape and sell user data. I would take an insecure IRC client over that shit any day.

Attached: 1541748747257.png (378x370, 120K)

>mIRC
Use weechat

Reminder that the only acceptable chat protocols in 2019 are Matrix and IRC using a FOSS client.

boomers BTFO

Attached: itoddlers-btfo.vp8.webm (540x304, 234K)

For me, it's irssi.

There's still time to mend your ways

Attached: repent.jpg (443x455, 40K)

irssi, eh?
/set ctcp_version_reply mIRC
/save
problem solved
/ctcp version you
you're using mIRC now.

sic [which is less than 250 loc] doesn't have this problem :^)

well it's for windows and nobody with a brain would use windows so

Literally what is the point of this feature

Security by obscurity?

This doesn't mean IRC is insecure. Only mIRC. Besides, it's literal pajeetware.

Install hexchat

> spent many a night getting shitfaced while chatting on mIRC. Back then I had redhat 5.x/windows95 (or was it 98?) dual boot. There were things that I didn't have working quite right under redhat...

Until we know the details of the vulnerability, which doesn't seem to have been released yet, you're getting far too worked up.
It could just cause application crashes for all we know, and yes that would come under RCE.

Tried distros of that area in VMs for the fun of it last week, it makes me wonder why I bothered switching from Windows 98 to GNU/Linux back then. No module auto-loading and other problems.. with modern distro's it's ridiculous to look back to the days where installing Linux involved selecting what exact network card you have and so on. Even getting the mouse working was problematic. Windows and mIRC seems almost wonderful in comparison.

Attached: configure-01.png (1651x1356, 226K)

>doesn't mention xmpp
even though the stream design sucks if you're using a phone, matrix has a shittier client that won't be mature relative to the competition for a long time.