Hey Jow Forums

Hey Jow Forums,

What is the physically smallest laptop that I could install Linux onto that I could use as a portable text editor?

Attached: image.jpg (1024x367, 110K)

Once you get to a certain point, text editing becomes cumbersome. Just get a surface pro or go if you want portable good computing.

Full sized keyboard or not? CHIP works perfectly with Debian.

i'm betting there's some chink smartwatch you could install a proper distro onto, but the real question is why

What do you even mean by "text editing becomes cumbersome"

Yes, pretty dead set on a full sized keyboard.

I'm looking at a thinkpad with a 10.4" screen, but I thought I'd see if there was anything more modern.

Found this hp mini 5101. Anyone have any opinions?

Attached: image.jpg (250x226, 15K)

HP Mini 110 is better but still quite shitty.
SSD is must!

RPi zero and an LCD hat.

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1024x768, 79K)

dell mini 9

Blue pill is even smaller. Text editing is literally one of the primary tasks of the first laptop ever invented (epson hx-20).

Based old Akai samplers. Way easier to use than most modern gear.
Still own a S3000 and a couple of MPCs, the 1k with jjos2xl is way more intuitive and sounds better than any daw+audio interface and is my main tool for making music

Let's note j9 10"

Attached: img_0.jpg (800x600, 57K)

Any smartphone with a USB keyboard. Or Bluetooth keyboard.

losers on here don't know about Gemini PDA.

Monitoring thread

Any idea where the fuck i can get tact switches from, my buttons are acting up and i need to find replacement parts for the tact switches

Should note its for a 5000/6000 series, not sure the switches are the same, i need half a dozen switches.

grab a toshiba libretto 100ct and use netbsd or something

Probably a pinebook if you're not doing anything intensive. ARM processor. Just googled for cheapest linux laptop. Dunno if they're available.

Attached: Pines.jpg (869x444, 51K)

At what point do you just give in and get a typewriter

Attached: alphasmart.jpg (1500x1125, 176K)

NEC mobilepro 900c could boot Linux through a wrap-around deal, if I recall. 790 had netbsd bootable.
Hp 100lx if you're okay with doing DOS, since you can use AAs for battery.

Forgot to mention, 95lx is far cheaper (due to worse compatibility as it wasn't CGA compliant), but if you just want a text editor, that might not be a dealbreaker.

Ask in any synth forum or MPC stuff, I know they're a bunch of hipsters but there are some oldfags working there.
I have the same guy who repairy gear for years now, never asked where he gets the parts but most are just modded generic parts from random old tech. Old Akai doesnt use any rare/obscure parts like Roland. Thata why you dont see dead MPCs lying around, they're extremely easy to fix. I fixed the CF reader on mine in an afternoon (got it cheap because of that "issue")
My tech guy literally used parts from an old AT PSU to fix a dead MC-303 I found for pennies.

why hasnt raspberry Pi community made an 7 inch to 10 inch (whatever ends up being more comfortable) laptop that has raspbi as its core, an battery to power the raspb and a screen and a comfy keyboard for lightweight linux usage

They did tho

Attached: pitop.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

Attached: bricaiopng-back-the-sony-vaio-p-with-windows-8-1.jpg (770x578, 51K)

One of my friends used one of these in school because he had a learning disability and couldn't write legibly. It seemed pretty good but it didn't display as many lines as I would like, but it seems like a cool idea.
In modern times the only one I know about is called the freewrite but I get a vibe that it's made by shitters and isn't as practical as those alpha smart ones.

Here it is.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 137K)

How about you use a smartphone like normal people?

Does anybody know if a Toughbook keyboard can be fit to one of these (with or without modding)? I'd love to get one someday, but only if I can have it with non-weeb keyboard.

This. Surface Go is rather awful at being a tablet, but pretty darn great at being a highly portable computer.

Attached: 1525001163339.png (970x647, 949K)

>tfw I'm old enough in here to give the best answer on Jow Forums. I'm scared Jow Forums, it was comfy to be the teenage newbie and get schooled by gentoomen. Now I'm on the other side. I'm fucking panicking.
tl:dr; dragonbox pyra

Attached: PandoraFront.jpg (1806x1665, 1.44M)

>best answer on Jow Forums
>posts shitty emulation machine with terrible keyboard
OP wants something for text editing, not something that will immediately give him a repetitive stress injury.

>What is the physically smallest laptop that I could install Linux onto that I could use as a portable text editor?

Well..

Gpd pocket

Gemini pda

Thinkpad x120e
HP 2170p
Sony Vaio P
Sony Vaio UX

There's also the Planet Computers Gemini PDA.

Attached: 51FvqNZx8dL._SX425_.jpg (425x425, 24K)

Rii bluetooth keyboard for 25 bucks
Your Android smartphone with 8gb of free space
Debian noroot app from Google store
And voilĂ  !