20 YEARS

Attached: DyKqWkhVYAcp3Wz.jpg (1200x674, 81K)

Attached: atv.gif (650x366, 2.58M)

I got mine for xmas 2000 and it still works. Thanks mom & dad, I miss you

>dreamcast
>gamecube
>og xbox

yeah some real heavyweight contenders there

GC and xbox were in the same generation as the PS2.

Attached: 1549697816708.png (689x473, 97K)

No shit, so was the Dreamcast. That graph is 6th gen console sales.

You can thank seXbox for Kodi, pleb.

dc - 1998
ps2 - 1999
gc - 2001
xbox - 2001

Attached: 897E4683-C191-47EB-A845-D87A752742B7.jpg (500x461, 20K)

Attached: a.webm (650x366, 298K)

My original fatty died years ago, I still play my slim one on occasion.

:( -hugs-

Wow I thought the xbox sold way way more than the gamecube, I didn't realise it was so tight. Kudos Nintendo.

>hugs
WTF fuck off fag

I remember sitting in my grandparents' kitchen reading my (deadbeat) uncle's magazine about deets on the PS2. Reading that article made me save up. I was able to allocate all my allowance in time for release.
My mom took me to Beat Buy to get the Gran Tursimo 3 bundle, and I bought Tekken Tag Tournament as an additional game. All with my own allowance.

Attached: BFA_12433_1537874.jpg (1344x2016, 174K)

Fuck. It's Saturday night. I'm not supposed to feel these feels. :(

insecure tiny dick manlet detected.

i bought a playstation with my pamphlet run money around the ps2 launch as well
... only i couldn't afford a 600-something dollar ps2

Attached: index.jpg (299x110, 6K)

Dreamcast was hardly competitive though. Nobody would have admitted to only having one when everyone else had at least a gc.

>that brief period where the PS2'd 30~ bar was lower than the other two at 15

I still haven't bought a PS2, PS3 or PS4. My only console ever was a PSX
It sucked waiting for the GTA games to be released on PCs though

are you fucking retarded?

AHH, the feels.

Attached: fuck.jpg (720x720, 75K)

i got a ps2 in 2004, but i didn't get any consoles after that

No shit
Playstations have always had the best games

>PS4 and Xbox One are 5 years old

Attached: 1547074415427.jpg (235x282, 22K)

20 yrs and still better graphics than most of the 2019 pc games

Are you two not into gaming? If you are, why wouldn't you get the newer consoles?

i was when i was younger, not so much anymore

My dad won a playstation 2 in a contest at the LA county fair so we got ours several months early. I remember it game with the game "orphen" which was god awful, even when i was like 6 years old. Also mine didn't play ps1 games, i figured it was because it was an early release console. I was jelly of my friends that were able to play ps1 games on theirs. Good times tho. Ended up dying in 2009, 10 years after.

all ps2's can play ps1 games
the only reason why a ps2 could play ps2 games and not ps1 games is if there's something wrong with it's ability to read cd's (not dvd's), and that will affect certain ps2 games as well (discs with a blue back are ps2 format cd's)

Attached: 1481052366949.gif (500x275, 365K)

Dreamcast was ironically the best though

Mine would give me the red screen of death. Like i said im pretty sure its because i think i got one of those early test consoles, something always felt a little off about it.

DC would have been a nice competitor to the N64, but it was too late for that
the ps2 absolutely destroyed it in every way

do you still have it? i'm curious to see if the sticker on the back has any unusual information on it
or what it says about the firmware versions on the main menu (if it can do that still)
maybe it has a non-final US bios, which wasn't tested properly with US ps1 games or something

Sadly no. Once it broke i sold it on ebay like a dumb dumb. I still had the box and everything too, such a mistake.

best gen

My PS2 still works fine as well. Last year when visiting parent's place I took it out and played through Killer 7.

that kinda reminds me of one time some old friends of my parents' visited when i was 14, and knowing i was into computer stuff, they brought over a couple old machines
one was a huge full-tower 286 machine with not much hardware in it (no hdd, iirc), nothing special
and the other was some kind of office terminal in a big keyboard... a "commodore 64". it was in the box, but had no accessories at all, not even the power supply, at the time i considered anything that couldn't at least run DOS games to be useless, so i didn't keep it, naturally, i didn't know what a C64 was or what it could do at the time

still runs like a champ, though I mostly use my ps3 to play my ps2 games these days. hdmi and all...
Though my ps2 library is the most extensive.

God that was the best Gen.
Fuck it imma replay Dark Cloud.

Yeah that was basically the same thinking i had. It was 2009, the playstation 2 craze was already dead and the fat ps2s were selling for like 20 bucks on Ebay. I thought it was worthless. Should have kept it and fixed it.

>First was a CD player
>2nd was a DVD player
>3rd was a Bluray player
>All just in time for the relevant market crazes
Games are hardly the reason those sold so well

>bluray
>market craze
na man, most people went from dvd to streaming

dreamcast's label and animation not being consistent (inside bar) with others triggers my autism
it just looks wrong and captures my attention

the text was too large, but yea, should have adjusted the scale a little so it would fit, it wasn't far off

I grew up

Attached: 1537381481089.jpg (640x634, 57K)

I want to play San Andreas with my buds from middle school again.
Fuck now I'm sad.
Is going really about missing being a kid?

Attached: tenor.gif (220x283, 27K)

Microsoft just had the money to shrug as such flop and keep going.

SA is still the most expensive game i've ever bought, at $109
totally worth it

Fuck, this hit the right feels

I... I'm going to give my folks a call today

Attached: 1521826274081.jpg (793x786, 52K)

is the homebrew scene still alive?

Attached: F907E34C-D723-4522-8A3C-CAD3B21C7838.jpg (1024x768, 468K)

nd was a DVD player
rd was a Bluray player
this. at least in europe both sold so well because they also were the cheapest players on the market for quite some time.

> try not to cry
> cry a lot

Attached: 1545713273070.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

kys attention whoring fag
nobody cares

>I still haven't bought a PS2
you should
i did
only for nfs hp2

Were you born in this century?

>your ps2 is now older than most of Jow Forums

Oh shit

I got a GC for mine, and THAT still works, but my SNES died 18 years ago

No way fag
I'm gonna play bidio games forever

Holy shit

>95% of households worldwide didn't have DVD players.
>PS2 is almost the same price as any decent DVD player. It plays DVDs and shuts the kids up.

Well duh.

>buy new console
>it must be connected to internet all the time, and you must make own account and store everything you do on it

there are some games i would like to play - bloodborne, rdr, but i dont need another botnet desu What do

Lol guys they didn't die or anything. I joined an ISIS cell and I'm not allowed contact with dirty infidels.

don't quote-flood

Can you just burn swap magic on a CD/DVD, or are they some special kind of disks?

>I miss you

Attached: 4C880184-5F69-4A14-86FA-FC000C288AFE.jpg (400x400, 20K)

Cringe

People still make games for it

No I don't connect my PS4 24/7, stop making excuses. You're one of those botnet larping assholes

I know you are trying to be edgy but as someone who just finished an upscaled persona 3 I'm going to have to disagree.

Nigger the PS3 was released in 2006. Full HD and blu ray was highest quality shit you could get and really expensive
There were no Full HD streaming services in 2006
Daily reminder: 2006 was almost 15 years ago.