Red pill me on Java. Why does Jow Forums hate it so much...

Red pill me on Java. Why does Jow Forums hate it so much, while it's still most popular and highly paid language in the world right now. Why do corporates love it?

Attached: jW4dnFtA_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Because this place is ridden with stuck up neckbeard hipster fags.

Jow Forums hates it because it's OOP, and is pretty bloated compared to c/c++ or other lower level languages.

corporates love it because it's a new language, and it's easy to code in.

It's ugly, it's not fun to use, it's slow to adopt new features (not as slow as C/C family langs tho)

Java used to be prone to bad performance and bugs because of the inherent tradeoffs of being a cross platform virtual machine, but those issues have long been taken care of, these days the JVM is one of the most performant platforms and Java code tends to be in stability than more recently trendy languages like js/nodejs, python, PHP, etc.

Java really shines on large projects that have a lot of developers. Java is verbose, which sucks for one man projects, but is actually great for code that must be read, understood, and extended by dozens of people besides it's author.

Java has also taken over many CS courses as the generic language or common language of choice, so go figure when every company finds it easier to use Java as their platform.

The reality is that most people aren't proficient enough to create a project that isn't Java that actually benefits from being on a different platform/language, instead, most people that dislike Java are just unfamiliar with it or simply dislike the way it feels.

Attached: 1544462615504.jpg (640x448, 68K)

>php
>recent and trendy
stopped reading there

>java
>new
Is 1996 new?

It's too strict on types. Therefore it takes too much time to make a simple program that does some I/O.

Also all information you find on Java is outdated (this is also true for C and other). People will still scale with 1 thread per socket connection which is the wrong architecture.
People will still use threads for concurrent programming. The entire code base suffers from ConcurrentExceptions.

We need to be enlightened on how to do things right in Java, but that information is yet to be found.

Other than that, it's ok.

personally the only reason I hate Java is Oracle

The Java versions that are not used anywhere (10+) are pretty good

Is javafx any good? Red pill me on java uis.

because you really dont have to be actually smart to code for it,Java coders are replaceable AF.
Also , hardware is so strong these days, it allows a lot of fucked up code to go ver. 1.00 $.

it has interfaces and cpp fags are jealous of it.
The closest they are gonna get are concepts and even then bjarne managed to fuck it up too.

Java forces OOP usage and the runtime is shit. OOP is not bad on its own, but when it is used in a stupid manner, especially by the entire Gupta bloodline, it tends to be hated.

>node.js
>language

kek

I agree. It's actually a great language and provides loads of the benefits that the basedboys harp on about Rust providing allegedly for the first time ever: it's fast -- often only twice as slow as C -- and memory safe and provides usable, helpful abstractions.

The only thing that ruins it is the Crapita/Infosys-tier JavaBeanFactoryEnterpriseConstructorFactoryConstuctor shit but that isn't part of the core language, just some idiots who write some associated libraries/software that you don't have to use if you're not in aforementioned Crapita/Infosys purgatory.

Jow Forums fears that they are replacable (which they indeed are) so they learn code language 'butts' and claim that 'butts' will replace java soon even tho java still have better features and is more logical than 'butts'.

Attached: hmm.jpg (800x800, 28K)

C++ literally has interfaces though. It even has multiple inheritance from regular classes, not just interfaces.

>corporates love it because it's a new language
lol wut? It's 23 years old my dude, it's only 11 years younger than C++. The real reason companies love it is:
>Maintained by billion dollar corporation
>Said corporation provides support between LTS releases
>JVM guarantee that compiling once will allow it to run on any platform that the JVM will run on.
>Specifications are created and enforced by aforementioned corporation.

There's probably other reasons, but they're the ones that come to mind.

defining everything virtual and equaling to zero is not an interface.
It's an abstract class with no implementations.

FPBP

>It's an abstract class with no implementations.
So, an interface.

There comes a time in every child's life when he grows up and realizes that not only does popularity and "success" not have any bearing whatsoever on whether something is actually good, but it often means the opposite.
Perhaps this is your moment?

Brainlet

No argument then. Before you continue I'll just say that C++ has duck typing via templates, think again before saying Java has something C++ doesn't.