>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti | If you can't afford to spend 350 dollar on a CPU go with AMD.
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3400CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 for older or less demanding titles
>RTX 2060 thanks to 6gb VRAM is only good as a short-term solution; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56
1440p
>RTX 2070; consider 1070/Ti or Vega 56 ONLY if on sale
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerate and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4k)
>RTX 2080
>RTX 2080 Ti is better, but very expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: inteli9hardboiledeggmaker.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bequiet.com/en/casefans/449
shoppingexpress.com.au/buy/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-8g-rgb-gaming/GV-N2070WF3-8GC
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rB2xvn
pcpartpicker.com/list/pbvjMZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fry's has a $20 discount on the CORSAIR CARBIDE 400C. Think it's worth it for someone who has the BIG haf 922?

No one?

>CORSAIR CARBIDE 400C
>Only 2 3.5" bays
>Closed front meme
But
Why
Though

Seems kinda cheap to me, but I don't mind the look. My case right now is heug. I'm also looking at the cooler master h500

>Only
>Two
>3.5"
>Bays

all of the new cases seem to be like this and the only thing we can do is buy 2tb SSDs

What's generally the best Freesync monitor in the $100-$200 price range?

Or use a server case. Until HAMR comes out it's basically impossible for anyone with any backups to move to so few bays safely.

How much will you get from selling 4690K + Motherboard + RAM? How much will it cost to get a Ryzen 2600 + Mobo + RAM?

based boomer

I'd probably be lucky to get 200 if I'm honest

From eBay prices:

4690k = 80-100
Z97 mobo = ~50
16gb ddr3 1600mhz = ~80

If i were to sell it as a combo I won't be able to get the full price of those items and I can see some good bundles with similar specs going for around 150. To put that into perspective a ryzen 5 2600 alone costs 150 that's why I think it's better off if I spend 100-120 on a (admittedly bad value) i7 4790 to slot into my existing setup than having to spend 300 or so on a whole new setup. Ryzen 5 (150) + b450 mobo (~80) + 16gb ddr4 3000 mhz (~100) would be around 300-350.

It's shit deal for me I know but I'm strapped for cash for the foreseeable future.

How do I achieve positive pressure?
My case already has two front intakes with 41.8 CFM and 1200 RPM each
So my intake pressure is 83,6 CFM at max speed?
And if I get one rear exhaust with 46,5 CFM and 1200 RPM, would that ensure positive pressure at all times?
Even though they're 3 pins and I can't control their speeds?

Pic related is the exhaust I plan to get

Attached: AR201511100058_g2[1].jpg (900x900, 136K)

>higher is better

will prices ever go back to pre-2018 levels? srsly considering switching to console gaming...

This pic is fake
my 8700 gets 59c load when I stress tested it for 20 minutes with a hyper 212. Ambient temp was around 28. No way these guys got such shit results.

>n=1

Negative air pressure gets you better temps, you just have to clean your PC more often.

What?

>only 41.8cfm from a 120mm fan
Ew

They came with the case

Get proper new ones, they'll make a world of difference.

How much CFM should I ideally go for intake?

Would the Pure Wings 2 be good? bequiet.com/en/casefans/449

Attached: fan.png (1009x423, 31K)

Looks like ebay sells 4790s for ~$140. For $150 you can get Ryzen 2600, or 1700. Both of them will outclass the i7 by huge margin.

If you sell the Z97 for $50, and get a AM4 x370 or B450 motherboard for $70.

That's $10 extra for CPU and $20 extra for mobo.

Then sell DDR3 ram for ~$80 and get the 3000 Mhz ram for ~$100.

Total upgrade would be $40 extra over the 4790 and now you get much newer platform, much faster multithread cores, much faster RAM speed, and future support for Ryzen 3000 series.

If you don't have the extra $40, then save it up. I think its a waste to upgrade to a dead platform.

You get diminishing returns with cfm, ie 2x the cfm over a card doesn't equal 2x the cooling. It also depends on how much noise you can tolerate. Is 30db all you can stand, or is 45db fine since you have closed back headphones on which give -25 to -30db attenuation anyway?

Since noise doesn't matter much to me, my server case has 7 Sunon 3161/MEC0251V1-000U-G99's, 108.2CFM each, 5.4W power draw, 44.5 db(A) at load, 12VDC

also, if you're planning on saving up for the extra $40, might as well save up tiny bit more for potential Ryzen 3000 build.

Alright
Yeah I don't mind sound that much either
I'm looking into fans with higher Static Pressure now
How much mmH2O is ideal for pushing air through filters?

I should note that I'm running a gtx 1070 and R5 2600

Ebin fans

I use a half dozen old cooler master sickle flow fans, they're absolutely great at cooling and make no noise beyond a very gentle hum. I'm sure there's far better fans out there now

Alright, I'll check them out

NVMe worth it even for an extreme setup ?
16Gb RAM enough for how long ?

did i fuck up buying this for $729 AUD?

shoppingexpress.com.au/buy/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-windforce-8g-rgb-gaming/GV-N2070WF3-8GC

Not really
Depends on what you do. 16gb hasn't been fine for me for years, but it could also be fine for 10+ years depending on what you do.

I don't live in the US so a total upgrade will cost me between 100 GBP and 150 which isn't worth it. If I sell the 4690k for 100 I'll only be spending around 30 GBP as net spend.

I'm on a limited budget. Seems like you'd rather have the 32Gb rather than expensive Samsung B-Die 16Gb I've been told to buy (Z390 platform). What is your use case ?

Lots and lots of CAD and CFD, along with some video and photo editing.

Mech. Eng. ? What's the CPU you're using for your computation ?
I haven't graduated yet, I'm not aware of the industry standards. Would you say a proper workstation in the world of Electronic/Electrical and Applied maths has to have 32Gb ?

Then be a better good boy and earn more of those good boy points.

More applied mathematics side of shit, although it's more of a hobby. I can't stand doing this stuff as a job, that is more pure mathematics for me. I'm just using an old xeon (E5-2680v2) since it was cheap at the time, and works with DDR3 ECC RAM which is super cheap.
Honestly it really does depend on what you're working on. 16gb is fine for small projects, 32-64gb is required for larger. You rarely work at home though, at least from here and from what I saw in my 1 year internship shit.

How is this possible?

Attached: dirt 4.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

Put previous thread on OP and stop changing it fucking shill

SO I'm trying to juice this X3470 to the max, but it looks like it throttles. It has a 4,1GHz OC, but I only get 600~615 cinebench score.
it is paired with a 7970 just to play games like the new Apex, Fortnite or other casual games (I use it in a public place for people to play for free so I need these kind of games).

Are these temp drops a throttling issue? Aida64 doesn't say it is but I don't know why would that happen then.

Attached: file.png (1366x728, 44K)

AMD GPU work very well with that specific anti aliasing method.

it's a game that uses the actual raw power of AMD cards, look at that Vega 64. The problem is that using what AMD has it's very difficult to program or something like that I read some weeks ago about an user asking the same.
So, if every game was that well optimised, then the VII would be competing against the 2080 ti and whatever comes next.

But that will never happen because 90% of people have nvidia so amd will always get shit on.

I just bought this for a friend. (520W seasonic PSU), for 50€ new. IS it reliable?
I'm trying to put something together for him. I'm working with a Dell Optiplex with an i5-3470, 8gb's of 1600mhz ram (DDR3) and an Rx 570. Can I be sure that this PSU won't blow up in a few years time? Warranty is out of the question, since my friend doesn't have access to such services/it would cost him too much (lives in Bumfuckistan).

Attached: seasonic.jpg (1500x1049, 261K)

Been running this build since ~2013, and it's too slow to play some of the more modern titles at 1080p/60fps like I'd like. I was going to wait and see what AMD offers in response to RTX, but now that Radeon VII looks like shit, I think I'm going to hold off another generation for a full upgrade and just do an intermediary upgrade right now. Should I just get a used 980 ti off eBay so I can play shit like Nioh, Monster Hunter World, Final Fantasy XV, and REmake 2 at 1080p/60fps?

Attached: specs.png (802x586, 76K)

Yes, Seasonic is one of the best brands together with Corsair and EVGA.

EVGA's good line is rebranded Super Flower anyways.

Thank you.
I've had this PSU myself, but only for a few months because I fell for the SFF meme.

Attached: 1534065043126.jpg (640x640, 113K)

How is Radeon 7 bad? It's the same shit as a 2080 for the same price, what in the actual fuck. Anyway, as someone who plays MHW all the time the 980ti is only a good buy if it's cheaper than the 1060 6gb. This game is terribly optimized. A 2080ti can't achieve 60fps on max settings at 1440p, and the first map, the Ancient Forest, has a bug that I don't see anyone talking about that tanks your FPS, making it the worst map in the game.

Attached: 20190204092059_1.jpg (1920x1080, 292K)

>It's the same shit as a 2080 for the same price
That's exactly why.

>980ti is only a good buy if it's cheaper than the 1060 6gb
It is, but used 1070s appear to be even cheaper so I'll probably go with that.

Hello good Sirs,
I'm looking for a monitor for a graphics design and for some light gaming. My budget is 7000 rupee. I used to have a professional 5:4 screen before it burned, I don't like big gaming screens for normies. Is it possible to have anything can display 1920x1080 and some non-standard resolution, cheaply? Also power saving so when the sun goes down batteries don't delpeted fastly. Any advice, I must go on tracks now, I might respond slowly.

Attached: 14145039150.jpg (500x500, 27K)

What were you expecting? They said it'll be 25% faster than Vega 64 and it actually is. The great crime is being a AMD card? It's not like you faggots were buying the high end anyway. AMD never claimed and there hasn't been a single credible rumor that hinted at Vega 7 being a competitor to the 2080ti.

It's loud, runs hotter and a little bit less powerful than 2080. 2080 is slower than 1080 Ti which is also at same price, by the way.

1600x1200 crt

>What were you expecting?
Something as strong as the 2080 at 75% the price because AMD didn't fall for the ray tracing meme, but instead they released a card that performs exactly the same as the competition at exactly the same price but with less futureproofing and features, giving 0 reason to buy the thing. And I already wasn't going to buy an RTX card because they're overpriced to begin with.

Hey, maybe someone can help me here.

I'm looking for build around Ryzen 5 2600/2600X, it's intended for gayming at 1080p, but I was hoping someone could helping me suggest a build that'll be able to game on 1080p for the next 5 years

It's a technical draw from the three cards, all at the same price.

Your expectations were not aligned with reality, that's why you got disappointed. Nobody to blame but yourself. And RTX in it's current implementation will only resemble ray tracing of the future. We're only working with shadows now and with a huge performance hit, so these "features" are more like gimmicks, much like PhysX. "Futureproof" has only been shown when it comes to Vram, and not even exactly that since newer models allocate Vram more efficiently. I myself don't believe neither of those are "futureproof": 8gb has been plenty for quite a while now and it appears it'll continuing being so. If we follow your logic there would be more reason to upset at Nvidia for delivering a newer graphics card with less VRAM for the same performance. That just goes to show how gimmicky "futureproofing" as a concept is. But the price concern is something that I concur. It doesn't seem like we're getting anything remotely reasonable for the foreseeable future from either companies, and I sincerely doubt AMD will try to compete at the High End GPU and CPU at the same time.

No.

Okay so i want a new monitor
Philips 436M6VBPAB(4k, terrible freesync range, 4000:1 contrast + terrible 1000 nit mode, HUGE)
or anything from this image?
Looks like getting more than 3000:1 static contrast is hard, and a lot of them have backlight bleed

Attached: Snapshot_Prisjakt_10-02-2019.png (989x2239, 1.34M)

>RAM prices are still more expensive than 2016
Still holding my money

whats your prorities when it comes to a monitor? what are you going to use it for...

Mostly getting eyecancer from reading manga, watching movies and some gaming. So i think i want freesync so i can watch movies without the extreme terrible 24 -> 60 stutter on everything
And i think i want a lot of static contrast, so i can actually enjoy the black level of whatever i consume.

>need a new PC since my current one is 8 years old
>waiting for the Radeon 7 for prices to drop
>7nm and 16GB HBM2 and it's still slower than a LAST GENERATION 1080ti while costing as much or not more than a 2080
How trash is AMD's 7nm? Not a chance in hell Nvidia will lower prices at this point, guess I'm waiting and praying on a cheap 1160ti to hold me over until RTX3000-series (or maybe Navi, if they don't shit the bed again).

Attached: 84534563636.jpg (700x700, 68K)

Okay fags I'm looking for some advice on a pc build of ~$1200 AUD. Doesn't have to be a gaming pc since I'll spend half of my time compiling/coding shit or general browsing. Only games I play are MC or GTA 5 with mods so if it can run those without lag it'd be great.
Currently it's au.pcpartpicker.com/list/rB2xvn
Looks a tad expensive so looking to cut it down by a few hundred dollars

>Mostly getting eyecancer from reading manga
any monitor and panel type
>watching movies
VA or ISP
>and some gaming
TN
>So i think i want freesync so i can watch movies without the extreme terrible 24 -> 60 stutter on everything
??? The fuck you talking
>And i think i want a lot of static contrast,
VA
>so i can actually enjoy the black level of whatever i consume.
Enjoying blacks, you fucking degenerate.

>>waiting for the Radeon 7 for prices to drop
why, why would you buy that?

>still thinks AMD will release something good soon after the radeon 7 trash

i5-6500 and gtx 1070, having a cpu bottleneck in some games. rarely stream/render video, is getting a ryzen 5 1600/x//2600 a good idea, or something like a i5-8500 so I can keep the same motherboard (b150)?

Attached: ralphwindow.jpg (400x400, 33K)

Don't worry, there will be a convenient flood soon.
>(((flood)))
>prices rise 50%
>prices slowly fall by 20% as they can't use the same flood as excuse forever
>(((flood)))
>prices rise another 50%
>rinse repeat

I thought it would at least compete with the 2080 at a lower price point. Instead they put in 16GB of stupidly expensive VRAM so the card costs $200 more than it should-

>I thought it would at least compete with the 2080 at a lower price point.
god why is there so many people drinking the amd coolaid
I guess dreams really do sell.

Amd will not release a high end card in the foreseeable future. I know you're concern trolling, but for anyone reading get this out of your mind. History has shown that AMD suck at marketing or the consumer don't actually care for the better product, they'll buy Nvidia regardless. So repeat with me: there is no 2080ti competitor coming from AMD, there's no high end AMD card coming this year.

I hope chinks will make decent DRAM soon so the big 3 price fixers can go suck a dick

This is a bit off-topic but is there a reason we don't have HBM as system RAM and instead it's only on GPUs?

Attached: 1564578.jpg (229x250, 8K)

latency vs. quality

the latest generation your board can fit is Kaby Lake (7x00) which is identical to yours except for a couple of mhz and some drm and instruction sets.
So you need a new motherboard either way, Ryzen 2600 seems like a good choice.

why the FUCK can't I find the 970 evo plus SSD anywhere for sale?

Attached: 1530939971823.png (628x568, 370K)

I want to connect a 6-pin connector (pic related) to an RX 570, but it needs an 8-pin connector. Will it work?
I've a Dell optiplex with a PSU rated for 275W and I want to connect an rx 570 to this PSU/system and do some testing. It needs an 8-pin connection (150w) according to AMD, but the highest power draw that I've seen was around 120W. Is this gonna kill my card? Is it safe?
TLDR: GPU needs 150W, but I can only connect it to 75W "power source". Is it gonna kill my card?

Attached: sata power 6-pin.jpg (500x378, 17K)

Random question.

Have a cx600 watt 80 bronze psu. Have a ryzen 1600 overclocked with minor voltage to 3.8. Won't go past 3.8 even on my clc 240 cuz silicone lottery lul

Also have a msi gaming x 1080. I feel my psu is inadequate especially if I got a better cpu. Can it be holding back my gpu? B350 gigabyte mobo btw.

Same reason we have ddr4 memory instead of gddr6x whatever

is anyone gonna respond or do we have to create a new thread to get attention

Need to check the +12v rail amps and do maths. 12x(amps) to get the watts. The +12v rail is what the gpu uses.

Also if it needs 8 pin connector then you need a 8 pin connector.

How much of a bad idea is it to just buy a premade? I’m certain if I try to assemble it myself I’m going to either fry something or fuck up the fans and set my computer on fire.

It's hard to fuck it up since most connectors only go in the correct way. It's literally lego for (young) adults

You could just see what it costs, and see what the components + similar case costs.
My experience with Komplett(Norway/Sweden) is that they take a 25-35% premium for assembly on their stuff.
OEM's take less than that, but still some amount.

Alright. That seems too technical for me. Since it's a cheap dell PSU I'd rather not risk it.
I'll just wait a few days for a new PSU to arrive. Thank you user!

Attached: 1547827694888.webm (574x852, 1.55M)

Better safe than sorry my dude. Its not that complicated but it can be confusing at first learning about power supply rails etc etc.

Asked last night but was kinda slow.

8700k + z370 mobo vs 9700k + z390 mobo. 100$ dif. Worth the price dif?

Both using a 2060, pretty much just for gaymen. Money saved on a 8700k can be used later for a better monitor (23" 60 mhz 1080 > 27, 120+ mhz, 1440) and even further down the line a more powerful card.

Attached: 48AE6A4.jpg (1333x2000, 214K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/pbvjMZ

I'm lost with the power suply meme
What should I get? Gold and up? Whatever brand?

>new build
>pc post once
>then freezes before the bios setup is up
>now I don't get any image at the screen at all
Suggestions?

Attached: Laura_Palmer.jpg (298x220, 24K)

shouldn't have bought ryzen

>Gonna be used for gaming
>Prices are in AUD (fuck me)
>No GPU listed as I'm planning on getting a used one - probably a 1080/ti

I haven't built a PC over 5 years, so was looking at some suggestions in regards to the parts I'm considering.
Duplicates of same components are because I'm unsure which are better. Any suggestions to what's shit and could be better will be appreciated.
Parts not listed like RAM or HDDs is because my current build already has some fairly new ones.

Attached: PC.jpg (965x726, 165K)

No ryzen. It's a x58 boomer system. My hardware:
i7-950
Asus p6t
Radeon 5770

Attached: Bundesarchiv_Bild_146II-783,_Heinrich_Himmler.jpg (250x360, 11K)

How is that new

Depends on your expected use cases.

8700k with 6 core 12 thread will perform better in applications that are highly threaded.

But for gaming, the 9700k with 8 cores and no hyper threading will perform better because real cores are better than hyper threaded threads for gaming.

> Dirt 4 amd
Like pottery

lol!