ITT:

ITT:
>how seriously do you take your privacy
>have you been diagnosed with autism

>very, often to my own disadvantage
>the doc is saying its likely, he is trying to get a second opinion from one of his colleagues

also fuck modern technology it all sucks

Attached: 1543559138835.jpg (443x455, 40K)

>>how seriously do you take your privacy
not using social media, creating accounts only when necessary, guhnoo plus loonix, opting out of every data collection possible etc.
>>have you been diagnosed with autism
yes but then the psychiatrist retracted their diagnosis and said i'm just "extremely introverted"
>also fuck modern technology it all sucks
it's not that modren technology sucks it's the people who use it suck
people use macbooks with i5s and i7s, they don't really need that much processing power, they mostly use facebook email and spreadsheet, document writing. It's the software developers that are fucking it up. They don't optimize their software because they have so much resources to spare. Websites load 15MB of js libraries, programs don't manage their memory correctly. All that pushes people to buy new hardware with newer processors more ram etc. and that gives developers more resources to use and the cycle continues. Back in the day people would write software to use as little resources as possible because they were limited by the hardware now there's no limit so they write unoptimized trash.
tl;dr hang all modern "devs"

I use two passwords, one for important logins and one for everything else
no

A bit strongly. I selfhost most of my things, keep encrypted backups, etc.
Though there are things I just live with. E.g. I still use Gmail because everyone I know uses Gmail. Even if I opted out, Google would still get their hands on 90% of my sent emails

Nope.

Not autist but I only communicate using one-time-pad-encrypted messages written on water-soluble paper that I leave in a hollow rock dead drop 100 miles from my house.

enough to use duckduckgo and privacy badger, but I don't really care to much. If you try to camouflage but do it poorly you'll only stand out more.

When is was younger, but I lost my diagnosis a year or 2 ago, seems like it was just a disharmonic IQ. Made sense since I never had social issues.

Not shits to give, I use Chrome with my personal account.

Yes.

Enough to switch to privacy focused services that function basically as well as the popular option but not enough to give up substantial functionality

Not quite, but been told I'm borderline

There is no privacy on the internet. I don't really give much fucks, if somehow what I put or posted on the internet goes against me I welcome the challenge
No autism

Change privacy settings to be as advantageous to me as possible
Have fecesbook but haven't even got on the site in almost 2 years, Have Twitter but just to follow along with TheSunVanished
Limmucks as daily driver
Know I haven't quite turned off all telemetry stuff on win10, but fine with it as long as they don't interrupt my gaymen, auto updates off Lole

Oh right, no autism

I use what knowledge I have to practice due diligence in protecting my privacy.
When I was younger, but I'm sure I have autism, my social awkwardness comes and goes.

ITT trying to correlate having autism with wanting privacy, by consensus-kun

I take my privacy to the point where people won't be able to dox me.

Anti tracking fingerprinting tpm ime tails are all memes for people with too much time on their hands. Most of us are too unimportant to take any of these seriously.

I'm a jew btw

> how seriously do you take your privacy
Not seriously enough. I switched to linux, opt out from data collection, but still using google because it is convenient. Also I have windows on separate drive because I need it for college, but I am planning to remove completely. Also using facebook to communicate with the tards in my college for essays and stuff but I will soon delete it as well.
> have you been diagnosed with autism
No, just schizophrenia, but I think I might be autistic as well. I did an online test and scored like 42/50, with 25 being the base for autism.
> also fuck modern technology it all sucks
based
But I don't worry too much. The world is soon gonna end anyway from climate change and technology as we know it will be a thing of the past.
I am studying CS but at this point I don't even know why, since my job will be useless in the post-apocalyptic future.

OK amount, I use iShit and have location services off unless I need it.
no

I moderate how much and what kind of information I willingly give or put onto the internet. I also have something like 15 different passwords, but all are similar in a way/format thst only I know, so they're not easy to guess. I do all this because for the first one, there are people out there who would hunt down another person just for fun and that's creepy. Having strong password is just good practice imo.
>Autism
If your efforts to maintain privacy are effecting your everyday life negatively, then yes you have a touch of the 'tism. I for one am not autistic.

what year do you prophesize the world will end or the apocalypse will begin based schizo-user?

Literally this.

this thread should go on
bump

Me three
Also checked.

Real privacy: very.
Tinfoil hat conspiracy theory fantasy privacy: not at all.
Legitimate concerns about people misusing and underusing modern cybersecurity techniques: meh, only slightly. It's not really my battle.

>I once used nothing but Tor for a whole summer between semesters, pretty comfy, would do again tbqh
>I don't use social media (but have an idle facebook) because I'm not school-aged or a desperate stay-at-home mom
>At college, I was that guy who opted out of promo photos with societies
>It became a conversation starter somehow
Diagnosed?
>Waiting list for adult assessment

why would you actually want to be tested for autism? What's the benefit if you do have autism?

My threat model is based on protecting myself from data collection by companies because I think they’re more likely to get massively hacked than governments are; I don’t have the resources to avoid NSA-level tracking capabilities. I use Linux because I don’t trust Microsoft or Apple not to spy on me, and I’m considering moving to a distro without Systemd because it’s too large to be properly audited. I stay away from as many web-based services as I can and for the ones I need I construct sock email accounts with secure randomly generated 8 character passwords that I store in KeePassXC protected by a 20 character password. I have an autisticly fine-grain controlled firewall on my computer and I route all my traffic through a VPN. I don’t use any popular social media, and for forums I use different typing patterns on each to avoid my online identities being linked.
I’ve never been diagnosed with autism and I don’t have any symptoms, but I think I have something much worse wrong with me mentally.
Absolutely correct and based.

some countries you get certain protections, like 'disability discrimination' laws, so if you are treated unfairly you are protected by law (e.g. unfair dismissals, discrimination at work). it also helps if you are on welfare etc. you can say 'i cant take that job in the call center' and you have proof that you would suck at working with people.
also it gives certain extra funding, e.g. government funding for different schemes like psychiatrists or alternative transport arrangements

I take my privacy seriously enough to have stopped using all google services except those required by my university. I am not on the spectrum.

NSA data mining thread

Attached: boomer.jpg (672x787, 58K)

I take it seriously but I'm not autistic about it
I don't have autism but I always score high on online autism tests which is gay because I can pass as a normie when I try it just takes a lot of active effort.

Attached: aspie test.png (640x400, 84K)

>I once used nothing but Tor for a whole summer between semesters, pretty comfy, would do again tbqh
misuse of tor and a cunt. It's supposed to be for the oppressed

I only care about privacy insofar as only running free and open source software only, as much as possible; I don't want botnet garbage seeing what I'm doing on my computer. childhood peychitric testing was negative on autism.

Very seriously. It's an important topic. It's not just about me, it's about the greater good. Hackers need to be good neighbours.

- Laptop: free as it can be - X200, libreboot, Debian
- Looking to build a libreboot'd desktop
- Dumbphone (but have used a Replicant OS phone before (I don't like smartphones in general))
- No social media
- I remove things like Google from my life as much as possible - I use alternatives (protonmail, etc).
- I also try to avoid big businesses with unethical practices (Amazon for example). I don't like the idea of being profiled for what I buy. I'd prefer to support local businesses too (I like to buy my books locally with cash).

I'm basically 7.5 on the Stallman scale. My friends find it odd, but I'm not so far gone I'm starting to look like the Unabomber.

I'm on the spectrum no doubt (I'm a dr so have good insight). Making it formal would bring more hassle than benefit so I keep things quiet.

Attached: paranoid.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

you have autism

if only people facing major risks used tor then using tor would have a 1:1 correspondence with being a dissident and thus be less useful. The more regular people that use tor occasionally, the better it is as a privacy tool

>Not very compared to the rest of the people on here

>Yes

not too seriously right now, but I'm gonna look into more stuff once I stop being a poorfag (might take a while)
using duckduckgay, offline password managers (randomized passwords btw), cookie manager, java manager. I browse some social media but not too often and with cryptic usernames and shit. I'm more of a lurker, let's just put it that way.
no, but everyone says I have
[spoiler]also pic related (friend) wears programming socks[/spoiler]

Attached: BULLYING_PIC_1.jpg (2448x3264, 2.48M)

Very
No

>Not at all
>extra chromosome

more than some and less than others
maybe

is there a dick on that thing and is it really nice? No way this fag gets away with that!