GTX 1660 Ti launch this week

GTX 1660 Ti launch this week

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES garbage 590/580/570 completely and utterly destroyed and defeated in performance and power consumption

Attached: NVIDIA-GTX-TURING.jpg (960x720, 59K)

I refuse to buy things with stupid names even if they are good.

>GTX 1660 Ti
>6GB VRAM at slower clocks
>Reportedly Up To 19 Percent Faster than GTX 1060
>$300
Fuck off, Huang, you can shove this offcut back up your ass.
I just bought 1080 ti on the aftermarket for $400.

ya 1080ti wont even boot this years end of year games because they will require raytracing to even launch the game. good job

>with RTX, you're paying for the ray tracing meme which you most likely won't use because FPS >>>>> nice shadows
>GTX cards are purposely gimped because NVIDIA isn't retarded enough to make a GTX card that BTFOs all RTX ones
>AMD's current offering is a "le we care about gaymers" compute card
It's simply a bad time to buy a new GPU.

If you haven't niticed, 1660 doesn't have memetracing either.

>mfw still running a 980Ti

Attached: happy_anime_girl_wagging_head.gif (540x540, 1.1M)

more like 1666TI because this shit is going to be hotter than the fires of hell

Attached: 1361695022544.jpg (1280x960, 290K)

Yet it will still have 6gb just like the trash 2060,not worth wasting money on this doa shit

Is it actually this week?
I heard it's a 1070 replacement.

still got my 1060

don't see why i need to upgrade. Every game so far on high/max at at least 60-80fps at 1080p. Older games like r6 seige are even more

(you)

Attached: 7ED905E4495C4982B07ED6DD043A34B7.jpg (640x845, 103K)

What card did you use before? Ive got a rx580 nitro+ a few days ago and i hate the gui of the crimson drivers, thought switching to a gtx 1060 but the only two viable options are more expensive and don't offer that much more, the zotac is as loud as the nitro but costs 20€ more, the msi is way more quiter but costs 270€ which is to much for a 1060,what model did you buy?

still running a 970 overclock this is an incredibly good feel

>3.5
Unfortunate that the 970 was gimped in such a way. If you make sure not to overcap that limit, it's a great card

>GTX 680 still doing fine

jfl @ upgradecucks

I'm the other user that have a Niggabyte "gaming" oc version with 1 fan for $200. Still, the loudest part in my pc is my shitty 1TB Toshiba. So feel free to go with Gigabyte

no game uses more than like 2.5gb you retard the games that look like they use alot just use vrem as a paging file which has 0 effect on performance and isn't "really using vram" its just a layover from stupid console shit design.

getting more than 4gb for future proofing makes sense if you going to keep the card for 5+ years but to say 6gb isn't enough for a low end card that wont even be able to run games at 30fps in 4years is stupid as fuck.

>760/770 owner cope this hard
Tell me more little faggot

you harddrive is louder than ya CPU and GPU cooler?

wtf is wrong with you. do you live on the streets in winter or some thing?

T. Intel stock cooler user

what part do you not understand im saying 6/8gig is a good idea if you keeping the card longer than 2gens. and that 4gig wont be enough in maybe 1-2years dep on when PS5 launches.

how is that coping at all? have you convinced ya self 11 or 12 or 16gb actually helps because it doesn't not even 8gb helps but it could feasibly help in the lifespan of the card if its fast enough but 11 even on the fastest cards we have today clocked to the absolute limit will never get used.

frostytech actually rate intel stock cooler as one of the quietest coolers.

> look mom, I retarded again!

>I hate AMD Crimson drivers
>wants Nvidia
What? Do you seriously prefer GeForce Experience instead of Wattman? What in the actual fuck?

infinity ward did say they are using raytracing for all lighting in MW4 thou they just tweeted it they are not rigging and baking lights so it will be required to boot the game otherwise playing with it would be unfair advantage and the game would look like its from 2002.

Dice will release a raytracing required game in 8months easily as well probably mirrors edge 3 or what ever.

its going to happen you are just butthurt about it.

realistically thou it might be next year I have no clue.

It's called noctua fans (and heatsinks).

absolutely seething
first day here?

noctuas best fan on lowest setting is still 28db and on that setting it cant even cool a i3.

India's summer is a bitch.

Kill yourself retard

>no game uses more than like 2.5gb

Attached: 1492744518080.jpg (718x705, 58K)

>literally worse than 2060
>having any chance of destroying anything
are you ok, op?

Advanced Micro Devices BTFO and left in the dust once again.
Just wait

they don't the ones that use more just use the memory as a paging file because they are console ports paging files don't speed up games so if you didn't have that extra memory the game would perform the same.

go read up on it plz.

this still doesn't mean buying a gpu with 3-4gb is a good idea most likely PS5 games that will be out in like 8months could literally require 6-8gb to even boot the game. but the big memory uses you see in gpu tracking tools isn't actually the gpu using the ram its paging file.

>the absolute state of /v/tards

>t. nu-Jow Forums

cya in 6months buddies ya 1080ti will go into the trash.

>source: my ass

>infinity ward did say they are using raytracing for all lighting in MW4 thou they just tweeted it they are not rigging and baking lights so it will be required to boot the game
So literally they decided to commit suicide. Oh, well...

I really don't understand why you people care so much about graphics cards and graphics cards manufacturers, what's the point? When building a PC just buy whatever's the best for your budget at the time. What's there to argue about?

So what does a 1080 owner buy who wants an upgrade but doesnt want to spend a thousand dollars?

Attached: vii.jpg (2560x4320, 794K)

kek

>all these poor fags not owning a Nvidia Quadro GV100.

Half fun with your plebeian toys.

>Quadro GV100.
>Not quadro RTX 8000

FarCry 5 is a very nicely optimized game, supporting even Rapid Packed Math. And Turing does very well in it, because nVidia adopted a lot of AMD technologies in their architecture. So both the 2080 and R7 perform great, consistent and have about the same power consumption. So whichever you can afford, is just as good.

So, are you telling me that infinity ward will toss away literally 90% of the consumer market and consoles because they want realistic water puddles?
And are you implying EA would let em do that?

Guess I'm waiting for second gen RTX.