Will it ever be topped?

Will it ever be topped?

Attached: 500px.png (500x401, 41K)

Yes, 4K

Yes, 16:10
fuck 16:9

/thread

Anything above it is honestly a waste of money.

Attached: v1.bTsxMTM3MjQyMjtqOzE4MDQxOzEyMDA7MTUzNjsyMDQ4.jpg (206x305, 19K)

why con air?

If you feel strongly that 16:10 is better than 16:9 it actually just means you need a larger monitor & higher res, then you can stop caring about a thumb-width of extra height.

this desu. also 3:2 is the new god's ratio.

3:2 and 5:4

...yet.
Expect it to be the norm in less than a decade from now, just like it happened with 1080p.
Of course that is, if we don't make the leap to 8K faster.

You don't need 4k because con air will never be released on blue ray

wait, there's no 1080p con air? what the fuck??

Wait, people actually enjoyed con air?

>tfw i can't justify spending $4k US on a Dell ultrasharp 8K monitor
>tfw can't enjoy 271 ppi @ 32", eg 3x integer scaling over 1440p@32", eg 3x ppi of 1080p @ 24"

I dunno what user is on about but it was released a few times, and in the early days of Blu-ray adoption as well, remasters, enhanced editions etc. just no UHD release (yet) so they're right there.

>wanting to waste that much money on LCD

I was watching a DVD that I ripped last night, ironically the only thing that bothered me was the quality of the credits. I still prefer 1080p, but watching at DVD resolution the film was still enjoyable.

This better be fucking satire, because if this was some poor pathetic attempt at a joke, it absolutely fell flat..

DVD is unwatchable.

Attached: up in smoke dvd.png (854x480, 435K)

Attached: up in smoke blu-ray.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

>actually enjoy
obvious troll is obvious

must admit the bluray really brings out the distressed immigrant desperation in his clothing
do you use this random up in smoke example a lot when discussing blu ray vs dvd?

>no blu-ray release
What the fuck are you on about? There are so many films yet to be released on blu-ray (and probably never will at this point) but you pick one that's had more releases than most.

Attached: ca.png (1218x629, 126K)