Give me some Gentoo Project ideas

First build idea is using Gnome with systemd (currently compiling).
Second is a openvpn server and cjdns node.
Third is Gentoo Hardened hidden service.

Does anyone know of a good repo for predefined cfengine configs?

Attached: 1424252350322.png (203x255, 119K)

I like how the cover to the short story collection by Gibson looks like a Wojak.

You guys are so fucking smart with these projects and stuff. All I do is play games on Windows 10.

>First build idea is using Gnome with systemd (currently compiling).
That's just retarded.
>Second is a openvpn server and cjdns node.
Could be done with OpenWRT on a cheap SOHO router. Also, OpenVPN is a ridiculously overengineered bloatware. Use WireGuard or just plain SSH tunnels instead.
>Third is Gentoo Hardened hidden service.
Hardened Gentoo is pretty much dead at this point.

okay so how about "some Gentoo Project ideas" besides criticizing the examples I gave?

I dunno. Try to install it on ZFS inside the LUKS container with "deniable encryption". Customly built kernel and initramfs with Busybox environment might be a huge help with such a task. Play with ZFS a bit, get acquainted with the features. Try to setup some unprevileged LXC containers and KVM VM's with snapshotting, using all these features. Try to replicate them over the LAN to another machines.

Why cfengine and not something newer like Ansible?

I have a lot of experience with ansible and I like its ease of use but cfengine is written in C and is significantly better (faster, more efficient) at policy enforcement than ansible is although it takes a lot more configuration writing to do simple tasks. Ansible also requires python (not a default language) and essential modules tend to break all the time between various ansible version upgrades.

I like this concept a lot thank you. I'm thinking of a replicated encrypted zfs + container stack network over wireguard would be a lot of fun to build. If I can cfengine to define all of this for me it would be auto deployable.

Also thanks for sharing wireguard that is new to me and an awesome improvement for tunnels.

It will be even more fun to use, when you actually finish it. There are some pitfalls down the way (for example, using your separate LUKS header inside the initramfs environment), but you'll deal with them.
>If I can cfengine to define all of this for me it would be auto deployable.
Don't know what that is. Some automation software? I just used a bunch of plain busybox sh scripts for semi-automating all that stuff written above.

>gnome and systemd on gentoo
fucking based

s/based/normal/

Attached: wew.png (960x531, 124K)

gentoo is for wankers. users of gentoo who actually have a good reason to be using it are few and far between, and they're generally people who need it for some kind of serious purpose, not for masturbating to lolicon and posting shit on Jow Forums and irc

>good reason to be using it
Because its easier to use is a pretty good reason.

Attached: out.png (1280x800, 13K)

you using systemd gentoo tripfag?
but don't most people use kde or some obscure window manager?

I think most of the guys here are doing the same

Gnome backend shit works better because it follows the freedesktop standards and you can just replace gnome-shell with whatever window manager you prefer. Same with systemd, its such a huge improvement over openrc that the only reason you wouldn't use it is if you were deluded by some kind of cat-v depreciate yourself philosophy.

Bird in a cage syndrome.
Aliased bitmap fonts aren't good. Get out of your cuckfort zone.

based tripfaggot

>Hardened Gentoo is pretty much dead at this point
What makes you say that?

you wished for a giant pumpkin head too?

normos ruuuu

Attached: 1527348576728.png (300x250, 22K)

next idea is contributing to it,
then the one after it is ridding poetterware from influencing majorly used software