Kiss your free accounts goodbye

Adblockers are destroying the web. Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only, except for Google and social media sites.

Spotify is already banning adblocker users. If new workarounds keep being created, they'll shut down free accounts completely: howtogeek.com/fyi/spotify-is-going-to-war-against-ad-blockers-heres-what-you-need-to-know

Another example also from this week is Inoreader, which has just changed free accounts from unlimited feeds to only 150: blog.inoreader.com/2019/02/official-announcement-inoreader-new-plans-and-pricing-updates-in-february-2019.html

Attached: kiss.jpg (474x296, 22K)

very good, i don't use those services anyway. and if i did, i'd stop using them.

>needing to buy some shit to aggregate rss feeds
lmao

good riddance, see you whenever fsf becomes revered

ADBLOCK TARDS BTFOOOOOO

Attached: 1549576599420.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

>Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only
Excellent, that's how it should work?
Ads are what, maybe £1 per user per year?
No problem with paying that.

Good. Fuck ads and fuck normalfags shitting up the web.

who cares

Attached: pagliacci.jpg (225x225, 13K)

>paid rss reader
wtf

>Soon the entire Internet is going to be premium-only
GOOD , most ppl are cheap and will finally fuck off

>allow ads
>some javascript zero days fuck your ass because an ads provider didn't pay attention
>alternatively forced to mine buttcoin alternatives in your browser
>"a-at least I didn't kill the web, mom"

thanks obama

>using anything other than this website

Tourist.

That's an odd way of spelling iToddlers.

Another anti-ad block thread in a span of minutes, how (((natural and organic)))

You will never win.

Long live the pirate bay, ahoy mateys

Based. Destroying the botnet, one blocked ad at a time.

Ads are used as malware delivery mechanisms fuck you I want my security so I'm going to block them.

that's supposed to be bad?
Free accounts = digital dumping. It makes it impossible for less funded competitors to compete.

Friendly reminder to install AdNauseum to fuck Google over

Kike shill. FUCK OFF

that guy is right, there's nothing google fears more than adnauseum

Cheaper for me to buy VPN service and just clear my cookies to bypass the article limit on all these sites.

I'll set up my own servers and pirate shit then

Finally. About fucking time the shitweb died. Long live the ipfsweb.

Who the hell would pay for a feed reader? I have free software that does that perfectly well.

Really, if ad-funded businesses find that they can't keep the lights on with that business model, it'll be a net positive for the internet. I actively hope that ad-funded platforms go out of business.

>Spotify
Imagine using spotify

Lying kike

good argument faggot

literally snake oil and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled. Just use ublock origin and stop recommending it to everyone else.

Web 2.0 was a mistake. If you can't pay to host it out of pocket, get the fuck out of here.

Decentralized Internet is the future.

>Spotify
Nothing of value was lost.

I'm using it because it just werks.

Attached: 1549600085715.png (743x711, 173K)

Back to Stormfront loser

/thread

>Imagine still having a physical collection

>mfw create my own website for resume purposes
>mfw no ads, no js, just pure HTML5 and CSS3
>mfw robots.txt "disallows" the entire site from being indexed
still have it part of the cloudfront botnet though to mask the IP. However, it costs $5/month to host with digital ocean.

> Inoreader
literally what?

Back to the oven, kike.

I didn't know there was a Jewish plot to overthrow Google. Isn't Google the Jews according to you guys? At least be consistent.

Absolutely this. I'd rather have $25 tacked on to my yearly internet bill than having to deal with Pi-holes, adblockers, and anti-anti-adblockers. The web would be 10000x times better and more beautiful without the ugly ads and the tracking.

Spotify can suck my cock

Attached: 2019-02-10-191521_946x399_scrot.png (946x399, 124K)

Ad Nauseum was made by 3 kikes and it reveals your ip everytime it clicks ads

No shit it does retard. You're the same inbred who thinks tox "leaks IPs" aren't you?

Whats tox?

This would be solved if ad networks just stopped serving malware.

If they want my data they can pay me for it, cunts.

t. pedo

>LET'S REVEAL OURSELVES TO THE BOTNET BECAUSE LETTING THE BOTNET PROFILE ME IS ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THE BOTNET

What a fucking retard.

Honest question, is this really a bad thing? Free users are always shitposters, and if I want shitposting, I'll go to Jow Forums. I couldn't be more certain that there are enough chans out there that will remain free, even if Jow Forums decided to go pay, which it wouldn't, because shitposting is where it excels.

10bux

>Imagine being one of jewgle ideas holders

The only reason adds are getting worse was because of add blockers honestly the adds don't bother me and on Spotifys case just pay for it its not alot jesus. Free users blocking the adds deserve what's coming to them.

And people started blocking ads because they were invasive, making sounds and blinking.
I don't think people would mind too much simple static images loaded through first-party without a bunch of third-party scripts that just link to their site or offer.

Are you clinically retarded or were you lobotomized?

Problem is that nowadays even static images can contain malware. See the recent apple-targetting one.

hey if you want to dox youserlf be my guest

until it doesn't or your internet goes down. people are way to dependant on the internet, my dude.

Wasn't that just Javascript reading data from an image?

Yeah, just like I've been paying for video games, movies, music, books, tv shows...
OH WAIT

Good. If they shut down free accounts and we all pay, then there won't be any ads, either.
If they continue with ads, they will lose to another paid service that does not have ads, or a free service that still has them.

It was yeah

>paying for a outdated way to read news

Attached: 1521426227789.jpg (1242x945, 83K)

good, this means that ad-funded sites/services that decide to paywall everything will finally be forced to provide goods worth paying for

bye bye 99% of online news organizations

> Edits host file
> Blocks all of the know ad providers.
Problem solved normie fags. Get to work.

I don't care what you say, a three way make out session with cuties like better than sex.

Can phone zoomers even figure out how to block ads?

Anyway this makes me want to block ads even more.

>online service uses interruptive, malicious advertising
>users install adblockers
>online service: pic related
Eat shit and die you entitled faggots.

Attached: surprised pikachu.jpg (800x450, 24K)

edits host file and blocks the ad provider. loool

>snake oil
Hahahaha you googlers are specifically instructed to use this term ain’t cha?

It’s not snake oil. It works and costs Google a fortune. As Nauseum, install it.

>costs google a fortune
source: your ass

After we started using it las summer Google had to pay advertisers back over 2 billion dollars because of “fraudulent clicks.”

The fact that you faggot tranny nannies are so keyed up on the Ad Nauseum keyword is one more bit of proof that Jewgle owns Jow Forums.

Yes we know, you dumb cuntless “woman.”

Attached: 466D7B49-F4AD-493C-A6BA-E5E625178985.jpg (125x125, 3K)

still waiting for a shred of evidence from you

If it helps to emancipate us from the ultimate botnet known as the Internet, I welcome it.

Oh you think I’m playing the proofs game with a retarded shill? You stupid faggot. Anybody can look anything up these days.

Ad Nauseum kills the Jewgle. I’m a school IT administrator and I put it on over 1200 machines.

Attached: AEF1A2C1-7A7C-46EC-B354-46A75C8B54EC.jpg (1714x1070, 696K)

I'll have free accounts on competing services who fill the void that the paywall of shitty services creates, because there's always someone using a different business model from intrusive and critically risky and destructive ads, and using it successfully.
Also there will always be a way to pirate your content, and pirating foreign dogshit isn't stealing according to local law but rather a patriotic act. Nothing personal, just simple politics foreignfaggot.

>makes outrageous claims
>"lmao i'm not going to waste my time trying to prove myself to you"
haha ok retard

>outrageous
Anybody is free to Jewgle these claims. We had regular threads on it for a while, they’re probably in the archive.

Install Ad Nauseum. It’s good for your computer.

You do you

Hahahahaha the resident Google shill slash Jenny is P I S S E D about adnauseum.

Attached: C390273E-B09E-44C7-8EB4-B0A2C01EB8CB.jpg (787x787, 43K)

>I’m a school IT administrator and I put it on over 1200 machines.
you're doing God's work user, keep it up

Let those sites die, then.
The second dotcom bubble has needed to burst since like 2010.

so you can't back up anything that you're saying?

Good. Let these stupid sites die, not like anyone is going to miss them that much.

I’ve gotten a few others to do it on their school networks, too.

Attached: B27EB490-CE37-4405-9404-EA7391EA2F25.png (489x365, 245K)

I'll be perfectly OK with dropping 99% of the internet. I've seen what it has to offer, it's a commerce platform. You don't need most of this shit.

The internet is bland garbage full of asshole opinions (like mine) every single platform is a dopamine trap designed to keep you entangled in its webs.

The internet WITH ads isn't worth it. I'll enjoy pirating websites or dropping it all together.

Attached: Dy8YRHeU0AAMRLZ.jpg (576x431, 102K)

>literally snake oil and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled.
where do I even begin

>literally snakeoil
you don’t know what the word literally means, but okay

>and you're accelerating the process of everything getting paywalled
1. if it’s snakeoil, then why would it have an effect?
2. why is everything getting paywalled a bad thing?

Well, I lived in a fucking brazilian favela so all I could do to get some bucks was learn english and make some $$ on the internet.

Its a ponzi scheme at the end, the site owner where the AD is displayed receive 1x, the site that mediate that service receive 10x, so the final client always spend more than what he pay for.

But the problem isnt the 10x thing, its that they get you organic and non organic traffic and they charge you the same, doesnt matter if some botnet clicked you will have to pay the CPA the same way. When people start to use adblockers the problem begin with the fact that the organic views get reduced and the power of those ad-sellers gets lower.
What will happen? Probably some sites will ask for subscription, others will merge to another systems and some will just close and new plataforms will be created.

If the plataform is free the product is yourself.

Allow me to interject for a moment. What you are referring to as ads are is actually a malfunctioning system of monetization made possible by the combination of inherently-malicious and intrusive programming, or as i like to call it maltrusive advertising.
One where the host doesn't guarantee the safety of the 3rd party adverts nor do they compensate users for the damage inflicted upon them by the ads turning malicious and dealing damage in the time-frame the host is still unaware of the fact or taking their time to resolve the situation.
It is a system undertaken by extremely low IQ people who don't understand how the Internet works, who don't understand how to embark upon the path of having their slow shitty website design developed with proper efficiency in mind while minimizing bandwidth costs, and who lack the business acumen of people who are successful without maltrusive advertising through intelligent diversification of revenue streams and creative communication/exchange systems with their viewerbase.
All in all, by implementing maltrusive advertising you signal to the Internet that you are an extremely low IQ and low-effort individual not worth anyone's time or money and that you are the garbage of Humanity ignorant of all that is Internet. May the Heavens have mercy on your soul, for nobody else is obligated to.

Attached: 1546498331724.jpg (355x410, 11K)

>most popular social media, which has led to deleterious effects for our society, is free
>most propaganda outlets benefit from a free model to promote their agenda (so long as they can remain profitable through a data-mining/advertising model)
>reddit is free

.......seems to me paywalling would make things much better

>getting your news from a social media site that decides what to show you, what to hide, and in what order

>everyone is a paying customer = no ads
I wouldn't be surprised if they just made a cheap pass with ads and kept a premium price for no ads.

desu part of the problem is that most adblockers just block everything regardless of how intrusive or malicious they are

Don't care. Advertisers could solve this issue by standardizing non-intrusive ads. But they can't look past their greed and "users are nothing but clicks" mentality.

At the moment it is an absolute usability nightmare and a real security risk to browse the web without adblocker on.

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 221K)

>HOW DARE YOU REFUSE TO BE MY BILLBOARD GOY
>PAY UP OR ELSE!

Attached: 17687687687.jpg (297x365, 36K)

The real problem is that there is no such thing as non-intrusive ads, shill.

Being able to survive off ads without having to put in paywalls makes innovation relatively easier since you don't need to worry about having people to pay upfront. Youtube's model which is essentially money to creators for ads is one of the things that enabled it to have so much content diversity over the years.

But it also has fed money to many companies that would never be able to sustain themselves if someone had to pay to read their shit, like Buzzfeed.

that's not a ponzi scheme, pardo

>Adblockers are destroying the web
Good.

fpbp

Attached: 1446845248841.jpg (720x959, 88K)

If they stop providing free services, they're hurting themselves more. The reason why normies are so stuck using every kind of social media or service that tracks them is because many of these are free to use. Putting a barrier between some user they can make money with and themselves isn't gonna hurt customers at all. If something they're doing a service.

Hell I wish most of what google provides was paid. It would keep more people away from these services and they would have an excuse to stop using them. It's the whole "it's free!" shit that's making things worse.

Someone could make a lot of money if they created an Ad service that respects privacy and doesn't detract from the browsing experience.

>having accounts

Footbar/header ads like Jow Forums used to have (or it still has and I can't figure out how to enable them again) are pretty non-intrusive. Sidebar ads are also often non-intrusive.

If it respects privacy, it's not really going to be all that interesting because you'll end up with far too many inadequate ads.
And unless you convince most popular adblock solutions that you're trustworthy, you'd just get blocked along with all the other ads.