Except programmers learn the difference between FALSE and TRUE day 0

Except programmers learn the difference between FALSE and TRUE day 0.

Attached: learntocode.png (529x256, 130K)

If you are a laid off journalist then chances are you are one of those idiots who couldn't muster the mental effort required to memorize the one single page of the SPJ Code of Ethics Journalism, while those journalists who did have been retained for positive PR since companies always have a double-edge policy, so karma finally crept up on your dumb ass. You wouldn't make it 1 day as a coder where memorizing and following rulesets is mandatory business to create anything that works when you couldn't even follow a single ruleset page for journalism. Therefore the idiot's argument only goes in favor of journalists who follow ethics, while he himself as laid off garbage is the exception to the statement. Quite ironic.

Attached: 1533548131783.jpg (620x591, 61K)

>Except programmers learn the difference between FALSE and TRUE day 0.

Attached: b96541f464741e6f8436e59ce2a2fe34099fe7b6.png (340x360, 12K)

buzzfeed isn't journalism, and i say this as someone with no respect for journalists

Hahaha

>99.9% current journalist lack academic degree and work as copy,paste and clickbait articles.

god damn this makes me mad! Why would you post something like this to make me so mad!

AI can already create convincing human properly sourced news articles. It's only a matter of time before academia has to compete against AI for research grants in the humanities.

kek 10/10

>99% of 'coders' lack academic degree and work as copy,paste (stack overflow) programs

So you pretty much found your kindred spirits.

>"Dewey Beats Truman"
>"Hillary Clinton is so ahead she doesn't even think of Trump anymore"
>"Good morning, you're racist"
>"[anything], and that's a good thing"

Truly skilled individuals.

Literally a shit eating retard could do a journalist's job. Fucking Kek

One programs machines to other programs how people think.

yeah, they programmed the CEOs of the newspaper companies to fire them.

Lmao I keep thinking back to that paper where the guy replaced syntax in python because it was too confusing to females.

Like they got confused that print didn't physically print things on paper.

That sounds way too dumb to be true

I have never used copy-paste in my life.

I've watchesd that video too user, at least use something original

Thats hilariois because journalism is the lowest IQ major, theyre even lower IQ than gender studies majors

Can't take more than a day to write some shitty curl script to fetch articles from other news articles, delete random paragraphs, run a thesaurus over all words and call it my original article, do not steal.

Sure, it isn't fact checked and it's obvious that it's just copied, but that just means it's the same as what journalists produce nowadays and I'll be able to "generate" as many articles / second as there are on the web.

They often do.

much more money in some sort of ML program that recognizes fraudulent texts, i.e. containing lies / falsehoods and/or are plagiarized.

Attached: 7765f289.jpg (564x495, 67K)

I don't remember the name but it has existed for years and people already use it. there's less money in it than you might think because most of the time it isn't worth it to sue anyways

Journalism is like being an english teacher in a foreign country. Its not because you're accomplished, its because you were simply speak english that got you the job. Outside of that domain, you lack any skill or knowledge.

unironically really hyped for this as someone in the humanities. people who expect academics to be mad at artificial intelligence are forgetting that everyone with a doctorate liked school enough to spend like 7 extra years in school learning about this shit. having computers generate philosophical papers of competitive quality means more, better philosophy, which is better for anyone who actually gives a shit about philosophy, and this is the case for most people in other parts of the humanities

sick burn

yfw AI debunks materialism forever?

i mean i've been an idealist for a while, so probably wearing my smug face

this is retarded, true AI does not exist
and probably never will

come on no one is stupider than the gender studies majors although I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of gender studies majors ended up as "journalists"

It's not exactly implausible. I mean it happened completely by accident in literally meat.

It doesn't matter if it isn't a true AI.

The results of the programs being of substantial value is what matters. Summarization of articles, writing sheet music that's indistinguishable from humans, etc. Are all tasks that can be performed by modern "AI" software. AI is a misnomer,for sure, but you can't dismiss the performance of these tools based off of what the public refers to the tools.

haha. nice one.

Imagine being so butthurt you screenshot someones tweet and reply to it by making a thread on 4channel.

One day I want to see an AI that just scans Twitter and makes articles about something whenever it gets a bunch of tweets, just so journalists can whine that a computer can do their job better than them.

Doubtful.
The average person has at least a basic understanding of language and research.
It's a core part of all lower education.
The average person has no experience in coding whatsoever, so the programmers would have a huge advantage from the outset.

I'm trying to figure out how journalists think this is even remotely true

because they're fucking stupid?

>array begin at 0
pretty sure that'd keep them busy for the first month

"journalists" deserve to lose their job to real journalists

I like the idea that OP thought this was a solid burn

dammit OP you stole my joke
can't fault your taste though