Rust Hate Thread

Why do rust programmers evangelize all around reddit and twitter and Jow Forums and shit with rust posts and downvote and spite and sage and comment, by the dozens, anything that doesn't praise rust?

They just absolutely crowd around "big opinion man just implied he used rust on twitter, a win for rust!!!" posts and "I forgot to free some memory I allocated!!! C and C++ are bad!!!" type of discussions? Are they all just fucking webdevs that went to degree-mill colleges and got scared of C and C++ because their dumb ass professors still think C++ is C++98? Because their professors are also shitty webdevs and java brainlets themselves that are scared of cleaning up their own memory? Because they need dedicated garbage collection threads and up-front 4GB heap allocations just to feel "safe" rather than discipline themselves to handle their resources properly and use things like unique_ptr and RAII and reference counting?

I've had people approach my C++ projects with "why not use rust?" comments even and people are making github issues with "have you considered rewriting your library in rust?" like the fucking plague.

github.com/search?o=desc&q=rust rewrite&s=&type=Issues

I've just never been pretty much forced to have distaste for the community around such a programming language with basically hype-driven-development. Rust is just yet-another-llvm-frontend that seems to need `unsafe` just to get any real work done when it interacts with all the C and C++ library bindings and wrappers that make it useful for anything besides being a toy language.

Attached: nasa.webm (360x696, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10146-jenna-lynn-meowri-cosplayer/
github.com/redox-os/drivers/blob/master/ihdad/src/hda/cmdbuff.rs
github.com/redox-os/kernel/blob/master/src/syscall/futex.rs
github.com/search?o=desc&q=rust rewrite&s=&type=Issues
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just want to be able to shake my tits and make money ;-;

source before anyone asks
prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10146-jenna-lynn-meowri-cosplayer/

girl is Jenna Lynn Meowri for all u hungry mfs

her boyfriend is black

Looks like she fucks black guys tbqh

>Ugly women hating pretty girls, Jow Forums sister site

>lets make a kernel in rust!!!!
>literally all the code has to be wrapped in `unsafe`
>wtf this is hard!!!

Over 95% programmers works using GC language and even 10 to 50 times slow than C, but don't care because time developer is most importantly, Rust evangelize fool themself about Python,Java,C# programmers will changes to rust.

can you try typing that out again

> why people don't like what I like
> why people don't hate

itt OP not understanding people speaking about what they like in a place made for it

Attached: fngr.jpg (1244x1316, 1.1M)

rust brainlet spotted with lack of reading comprehension

>Meowri

cringe

>Because they need dedicated garbage collection threads and up-front 4GB heap allocations just to feel "safe" rather than discipline themselves to handle their resources properly and use things like unique_ptr and RAII and reference counting?

I don't think you're familiar with rust, if you're saying these things.

those things are not about rust.

its about the culture of "safe" languages

He is a white autist maybe into cuckold

Rust caters to autism by forcing autistic routines with the borrow checker and the various style lints.
It also caters to SJW with the CoCk.
Put two and two together.

Rust isn't GC you retard

Why did nobody ever bother to mirror this thing?

The funny thing about rust is that it purports the same dumbing down that the people who use it feel superior over. They don't know how the compiler works. They hear buzzwords and just accept them as facts instead of really digging in to understand it in depth. So what if you "reinvent the wheel", at least you know how personal experience on successes and failures as to why "the wheel" works and doesn't.
What's great is that these people are also screaming "security" and "freedom" as loud as possible, yet by not knowing any of the fundamentals about the compiler, these people are putting undue trust in to the writers and maintainers of the compiler. Trust is the first condition in any security methodology, and giving undue trust is inherrently insecure. These people are brainwashed and morons who are lazy and don't want to understand and contribute to computers and technology and only want to appear as much so they can fit in with a crowd, any crowd.

now this really makes me think

Attached: rtx2080ti-unboxing.webm (640x360, 1.41M)

if you want to have a laugh, read the redox source code. this kernel is a joke, hadouken code everywhere, zero comments, magic numbers, panics in syscalls (if the program isn't written correctly, it just crashes your entire kernel), unsafe code even when it's unnecessary, println statements in the drivers (instead of using a debugger).

github.com/redox-os/drivers/blob/master/ihdad/src/hda/cmdbuff.rs
github.com/redox-os/kernel/blob/master/src/syscall/futex.rs

Attached: redox_drivers.png (1033x637, 81K)

>webdevs program in C once and cut their hand on a memory leak or buffer over-write and suddenly they "wtf i hate C now" and go back to python and java land where everything "juz worqs" but now all their programs require 700MB ram and needs an extra 35 watts to run, per user, per session all so that things are "easier" for 1 developer

JESUS

Attached: ASDF.gif (510x471, 2.82M)

how long until they have to wrap everything in unsafe and make hand-written assembly which goes against everything rust was made for

BUT ITS SAAAAAAFE

boomer thread?

Yeah. "Programming socks" is for faggots and queers and has nothing to do with anyone who is productive with whatever language or architecture they choose to work.

This.

Writing in C++ is like being white male. R*steners are just ruining all

Thats basically /cgl/.

what did he mean by this?

Attached: qpavae.webm (800x450, 1.84M)

when your lips are so full of botox that you cant even smile without looking like a retarded duck

>lips
>injected with botox
Do you know anything?

The rust community is mostly these types, its one of the reason why its so noticeable. Python still has a good chunk of the same types promoting data (((science))) in the same way. Linux/Firefox/Brave/etc. fags on Jow Forums that behave the same. I think the main reason its so noticeably shilling is the shitting on "other" and the slightly -modified-canned npc style replies prevalent in every thread. Noticeably Rust & Firefox share alot if the same canned replies.

C is for boomers

how's nim like then?
at some point in our life time C and C++ are going to find a worthy ISO standard successor

Attached: 1548092867489.webm (1122x800, 2.97M)

>github.com/search?o=desc&q=rust rewrite&s=&type=Issues
first issue is by a guy with a le troll face avatar and all his projects is in c/c++.
is this you OP?

the rest on the first page are people setting up issues on their own projects like a todo note. a common github work flow.

post your own project and lets see how many are rust-tards are really plaguing you.

I want to probe her moons, if you know what I mean

>p-please dont make rust look bad

That's called the exception that proves the rule. The rest are genuine """Rustaceans""".

try harder, I am not even a rust user for now, but I am able to understand why would people talk about it. More importantly I am not raging over a whole community for not thiinking the same as me.
You are the brainlet human who shits on people instead of comming together to work for better things.

nim is still WIP bu it can be really interesting in the future. (Maybe) soon the 1.0 will be out.

You know that sage isn't a downvote right?

just a reminder this is the chick before plastic surgery

Attached: jennalynnmeowri.jpg (644x657, 55K)

Not defending electron applications or anything but it does not make sense to use C for a large project. It's just reinventing the wheel and making development harder than it has to be. Java and Python are popular because they are versatile and convenient. It's not a waste of time to learn C but it's a relic at this point.

Attached: 1469282523591.jpg (750x750, 34K)

Am I having a stroke?

Wow LOL

Attached: star.png (791x182, 25K)

>underrated comment

Kys

>Java Versatile
Pick none